Chapter 58

Camryn's POV

He's trying to leave. He's trying to ride off and I can't let him. I don't know what to do. I keep trying to pull his keys out but he's keeping my still. Tears are streaming down my face like a faucet.

"Jesus Camryn can't you see that I need to get the fuck away from all of you? What don't you fucking understand? Leave me alone!" He screams. I freeze and look into his cold, mean eyes. He hasn't looked at me this way since he found out I googled him and found out about his fight with Penn.

He was seriously pissed then and he's seriously pissed now. I can't believe he wants to get away from me as bad as he does his parents.

I stay completely frozen as he backs out of the driveway. He looks at me before he rides off. His eyes go soft and it makes me want to run after him and try again, but I stay still. I love you is all I can think as he rides off.

As he turns down the street and I can no longer hear the sound of his motorcycle, the screams behind me become more obvious.

I turn to Walt and Madeleine and they don't even notice that their son is gone. I debate on whether or not I should spit at them. I decide against it and walk into my house without giving them a second glance.

I close the front door behind me and slouch all the way up the stairs. I'm worried about him. No one should be riding a motorcycle in his state of mind. He's upset, he's frantic and he's scared. Why didn't he just come inside with me? Why did he want to get away from me too?

More questions flood my head as I pull off my work clothes and get into my clothes for bed. I throw on a pair of leggings and a sweatshirt and crawl into bed.

I haven't seen that mean look in Colton's eyes in a long time. That look of disgust, of hate. I didn't think he was capable of looking at me that way anymore, I thought we were past that. Apparently not.

I curl up into a ball, hugging my pillow. I don't want to cry. I've done enough of that already. I just want sleep to take me away from this reality for a few hours, and within seconds, it does.

***
Colton's POV

My face is freezing as I make my way to the highway. I should've put my helmet on but I didn't have time with Camryn trying to get me to stay. The look on her face as I left keeps popping into my head.

I didn't want to hurt her but it was the only way. That's always the case isn't? I have to hurt her in order to get what I want. Why am I so damn selfish? Why didn't I just go inside with her? Why didn't I bring her with me? But where, I don't even know here I'm going.

Madeleine's house is a no because she's too busy falling back into her old ways. I wonder how long it'll take before Walt gets comfortable enough to raise a hand at her again.

I should go tell her husband what she's doing but that's not my business because she's not my business, not anymore.

Why did this have to happen to me, what did I do to deserve this? I was a good kid, they just fucked me up.

I'm trying, I trying so hard to get my shit together and it seems like they're making it impossible. I just don't know what to do.

I just can't do this anymore. My vision gets blurry and I can feel my warm tears falling down my now frozen face. I just can't.

***
Camryn's POV

"Camryn! Camryn wake up!"

I'm jolted awake by someone screaming and shaking me. My eyes shoot open and try to adjust to the light coming in from the hallway.