Week 2: Pool Party Aftereffects

I ignore the cameramen following me and forcefully slam the door to my house before any of them can get it. I double check to make sure it's locked before I run upstairs to my room. My heart deflates when I remember that Belle isn't here. I feel overwhelmingly upset. I turn the hot water on to take a shower. I sit in the floor and let the tears fall. Once the water is at a comfortable temperature, I stand under the stream of water after taking my swimsuit and cover up off. I cry until I've run out of tears.

"God, I don't understand," I whisper pathetically. "I came here to start my future, not to relive my past. Why was he here?" I laugh ironically. "I've barely been here a week. How am I supposed to get through eight more weeks, especially if my heart gets broken every week?"

I heal the brokenhearted.

I am with you always.

Do not fear.

For I know the plans I have for you, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

If you call on my name, I will answer you.

Do not worry; cast your cares on me.

I take a deep breath. "Okay, let's do this." I wash my hair and body before getting out of the shower. I wrap my hair in a towel, and dry my body off. I put on some comfy shorts and a hoodie after slipping on underwear and a sports bra. I slip on socks and black Addias slides. I head back to the guys' house and enter it. I find everyone sitting around the living room. They all look up at me as step into the living room. "So, I owe you guys an apology. I left without an explanation and -," I begin.

"You don't owe us an apology, Addie." Reed says. "We are just glad you are here."

I nod. "Thank you. Would you guys like to resume our date? I barely got to talk to any of you."

"I know I would," Reed says and walks over to me.

"Me too," Micah agrees. Micah, Christian, Liam, and Reece all come over to me.

"We'll be back," I tell the other guys and they nod. I lead the way to my house and go into the living room. We all take a seat and I sigh. "I just want to say that I appreciate each one of you. I'll address what happened, but I really want to be focused on you guys and for us to have a good group date." They nod in agreement. "Lucas was being rude and disrespectful. He reminded me of my ex, and I did not come here to find another guy like him. Maybe I overreacted, maybe I didn't, but I know what I want. I'm not going to make myself put up with a guy who doesn't seem like he is here for the right reasons."

"Can I say something before we get individual time?" Christian asks, and I nod. "I was a little shocked about the whole situation, but I am so proud of you for standing up for yourself."

"I second that," Micah says.

The rest of the guys nod in agreement, and they stand up and give me a round of applause. My cheeks heat up, but I can't help but smile at this group of guys. "Christian, would you like to come to the kitchen with me?" I say as I stand up.

"Of course," he grins and walks toward me.

"Micah, you're next. The rest of you can decide what order you guys will go in." I say before Christian and I disappear into the kitchen. I grab a bag of granny smith apples and two pairing knives, and I set them on the island. "Will you help me cut these apples as we talk?"