Week 8: Alone together

Yesterday couldn't have been any better. The airplane ride was thrilling and romantic. Our dinner was delicious and wonderful one on one time.

However, with all the excitement, it slipped my mind that my female monthly subscription (that every woman has) was due... which explains my current position: me lying on the couch in a t-shirt two sizes too big and my comfiest shorts with a heating pad on my abdomen. I'm waiting for the over the counter single dose pain killers to kick in so I will be able to spend time with Reece today.

There is a knock on my door and I yell, "Come in!"

"Addie, you can't just yell for someone to come in. What if it wouldn't have been me? It's danger-." Reece begins says as he shuts the door and makes his way to me. He pauses his rant and stands there looking down at me. His face morphs from confusion to realization. "Oh, do you need anything?"

"Yeah, come here," I pout and open my arms.

He chuckles nervously as his cheeks turn pink. "That's not what I meant," he murmurs, but sits in front of me anyway. "Are you up for a movie marathon?"

I nod. "I can do more than just lay on the couch in a little bit if they was something more adventurous you wanted to do."

He shakes his head. "It will be nice for us to relax for once. We can watch movies, order food, and maybe go for a drive later if you want and feel like it."

"Sounds great," I grin and so does he.

We decide to watch all five Jurassic Park movies. Reece got some extra pillows, but still continued to sit on the floor in front of me for the length of the first movie. I played with his hair through the first movie.

During the first intermission, I went to the bathroom while Reece fixed us 2 pieces of peanut butter and banana toast with cinnamon and honey drizzled on top for each of us, and I poured us each a glass of milk.

We ate our breakfast and sat on the couch together during the second movie. The rest of the movies go by in a similar fashion with brief intermissions. We also did face masks, and Reece painted our nails so we could match.

As the final credits began to roll, Reece wrapped his arms around me. I smile as he cuddles into me.

"Will you pinch me?" He questions.

"Why?" I furrow my brows.

"This still doesn't seem real," he answers.

"It will seem real when I meet your parents, won't it?" I question, and he nods.

"I don't want the night to end yet."

"It's ten thirty. What do you want to do?"

He sits up and lets me go. "Let's go for a drive." He stands up and holds his left hand out to me. I smile and take his hand. He leads us outside to the car and opens the passenger door for me. I get in and he shuts my door before getting in on the driver's side.

"This is the first time you've drove me anywhere," I comment after I buckle up.

He smiles as he buckles up. He rolls the windows down and begins driving. The wind is our only background noise, and it is perfect. He reaches over to hold my hand as he cruises down the road with one hand on the wheel.

I let out a contented sigh and smile softly. This is the date I've been waiting to do with the right person. I'm so glad that it is with Reece.

I don't question where we are going; I enjoy the moment and don't think about details or plans for once. I don't mind if he has a destination in mind or if he just drives.

A while later, I find out that he did have a destination planned when we arrive at a nature park. I turn to look at him. "Is it illegal to be here at night?"

He grins. "If we get caught, you run. I'll take the blame, and you wait for me to get out."

"Reece!" I laugh.

"I'm kidding!" He pauses, "we both run."

I give him a look, but I can't keep a straight face and neither can he. We burst out laughing.

"Come on. We have to make it back before midnight, and it is already eleven."

"Is the car going to turn into a pumpkin?" I question, and he shakes his head.

"I'll turn into a wolf."

I shake my head, but smile. He holds my hand as he leads us around the park to a large pond. We sit on the edge of the mini pier, and I lean my head on his shoulder after we take our shoes off.

The moon and the star's reflection appear on the water. Reece wraps his arm around me. We sit next to each other with our feet occasionally touching the surface of the water. Reece kisses my temple and my check after a few minutes, and I turn to him. His face is mere inches from me as he gazes deeply into my eyes.

"Addie, I know I've already told you, but I'm falling for you. All those weeks ago it was only beginning, but now it's so much more. It's hard to describe in words, but I know that you are in my future. I don't know for how long, but for however long, I want it to be amazing. I was going to wait to ask you after you met my parents and sister, but I can't. Addie, will you be my girlfriend?"

"I'm falling for you too. Yes," I say softly.

He grins and cups my cheek in his hand. He is suddenly nervous. "May I kiss you?"

I nod and hold my breath as we lean in. His soft lips meet mine and how we feel about each other is only confirmed. The kiss is only a few seconds, but it leaves me breathless and anticipating when we will kiss again.

His hand moves down to my neck and into my hair. "I've wanted to do that several times before." I smile, and he kisses my forehead. "We better go before we get caught and miss our midnight curfew."

We stand up, and I glance at him suspiciously. "You never did answer whether this was legal or not."

"I'll answer that in the morning, my beautiful girlfriend."

"Reece!"

ADDIE AND REECE ARE OFFICIAL! DID ANYONE SEE THAT COMING SO SOON? I DIDN'T UNTIL ABOUT TWENTY MINUTES AGO HAHA. 

DID YOU GUYS ENJOY THIS CHILL CHAPTER?

NEXT WEEK I WILL NOT BE UPDATING BECAUSE I WILL BE COMING HOME FROM VACATION THAT DAY.

BUT THE WEEK AFTER THAT WILL BE AN INTERVIEW CHAPTER. GET READY FOR THAT BECAUSE IT WILL BE EXCITING (EVEN THOUGH I HAVEN'T WROTE IT YET HAHA).

ANYWAY HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY!

LOVE, K