Week 6: Dallas' POV

I knock on Addie's door with hands clasped in the front pocket of my hoodie and glance at my shoes.

All the guys are tense in the house. Bennett has stayed in his room ever since we got back from the beach. I thought that he would be the next one going home, but Joseph is being a grump and is acting like he did when he first arrived. The only sane one right now is Reece, but he was on the phone was his family and wanted to catch up on some sleep.

"Dallas?" She questions anxiously from inside her house.

"Yes, it's me," I answer reassuringly.

The door opens, and she is holding an empty vase in her pajamas. "What are you doing here? It's 9 at night."

"I'm glad you were prepared for an intruder, but I came to spend time with you. Would you like to stargaze on a hammock with me?"

She smiles. "I would like that." She returns the vase to its original spot before walking with me to the hammock. We sit side by side on the hammock and it slightly swings. I try to focus on the black sky with too many stars to count, but all I can focus on is her and what could be. I've tried to not let myself think of after this show, but it's hard not to.

"Can I ask you something?" I say quietly.

"You know you can," she whispers.

I stay silent for a few moments to soak in the moment before it is broken. "Do you think about after this? Who you will be with?"

She sighs. "It's almost over. How can I not?" She pauses and shrugs. "I'm not nervous. God, will show me the right one. He has this whole time. Why would He not see it out, you know?"

I nod. "That's one of the best things about you: your faith."

"I think that's the best compliment I have ever been given," she says quietly after a few moments.

I turn to her. "You didn't answer the later question," I ask softly.

She turns to me. "I did, but not specifically."

I huff and cross my arms. "You are a tease."

A few moments are in silence until two names are mentioned. "You and Reece."

I uncross my arms. "I know you and Reece have gotten close, but I will have hope for us until you send me home. I won't give up easily."

"Prove it."

I grab a notebook before sitting on my bed and begin writing.

God, I need Your help. I know You called me to be here, but You seem so far from me. Every time I am with Addie, it feels right. I don't understand why I can't feel You. I've been seeking Your guidance for these past weeks, but I rarely receive an answer. I need You. You know the desires of my heart and how I want this is to end in my favor, but I need Your plan for my life and for her life. Show me that You are still with me.

I set my notebook aside and pick up my Bible from the nightstand. I flip to the book of Isaiah and the 41st chapter. I read through the chapter and am in awe when I finish. I pick up my notebook once again, reference Isaiah 41, and continue writing.

God,You are so great, awesome, and powerful. You have chosen me, an extremely smallpart of your creation. I am a nobody, but You chose me anyway. You have notrejected me. You have truly shown me that You are with me. I will not fear myfuture or these upcoming weeks for one fateful decision. I will not be shockedor shaken by Addie's decision. You are my God. You will strengthen and help me.You will uphold me and not let me fall. You are my Redeemer when I mess up andfail You every day. I will rejoice in You. I will answer me every time I callout to You. You have made this show happen for Your glory. Remove any idols Ihave in my life. Thank You for Your word and speaking to me.