Week 5: Bennett's date

Bennett hands me my tea before sitting next to me at the table. "Thank you," I smile before holding the mug in my hands. I glance outside before turning to him. "How do you feel about the rain?"

He shifts his view to the window for a few moments. "Most people say that rain is good because it makes the plants grow which is true. I appreciate it to some degree, but it is depressing." He slowly sips his tea before setting it back on the table.

I nod. "What do you do on rainy days?"

"Some would say that I am a workaholic. Most of the time, I don't know what kind of day it is outside. I'm up before sunlight and get home after dark." He replies and sighs. "The culinary world is competitive and requires hard work."

"How did you get time off to come here?"

He smiles. "I quit."

"What?" I ask completely shocked.

"Don't freak out," he smiles. "I have an internship I will be starting after this. Addie, being a chef is only one of my goals in life. I want to find the one for me and have a family." He pauses and pushes my hair back gently. "I know we haven't been on many dates or know a lot about each other, but I want to. I want this."

I can tell he wants to kiss me, and I want to kiss him, but I can't. I want to wait to kiss the one I pick. Instead, I wrap my arms around him, and lean my head on his shoulder as he wraps his arm around me. "I want this too."

Shortly after we finish our teas, he takes us to the aquarium. We stay there for a couple hours just looking around and enjoying our time together.

"I'm going to start working on lunch," Bennett says once we enter their house.

I nod and head into the living room. Joseph, Dallas, and Reece immediately look up when I enter.

"Oh, hey, Addie," Dallas says.

His nervous demeanor, the fact Reece won't look at me, and Joseph's tense body set me on edge. "What?" I question.

"You told us not to say anything," Reece mutters.

"She has to know this!" Joseph argues.

"Does it have to do with Darren?" I ask, and they nod. I sit down on the couch. "I had been wondering if he was too good to be true. Am I right?"

"Yes," Joseph answers, and the other two nod in agreement.

"When we were in the arcade the other night, I thought I saw one of you at the prize thing, but Zeke pulled me away before I could see. Does Zeke have anything to do with the Darren situation?"

They give each other a look. "Zeke was covering for Darren," Reece states.

I nod. "I don't want to know what Darren was up to, and I think it is best if I don't. Thank you guys for not saying anything and helping me."

"So, what are you going to do for the rest of the day?" Dallas questions.

I shrug. "I don't have any plans." I pause. "Wait! Do you guys have your costumes for tomorrow?" They give me sheepish looks, and I shake my head. "Okay, after lunch, we are going shopping."

We enter the store together, but I go to the women's section and they go to the men's. Thanks to Pinterest, I know what I am looking for to be an angel. I begin searching through the dresses until I find a causal white one in my size. I don't know what I'm going to do for wings. I continue searching through the clothes just to see if there is anything else I want to buy even if it isn't specifically for tomorrow. Nothing really catches my eye until I go through the jackets. I hold up a blue jean jacket with painted angel wings on the back, and I grin. Perfect.

I turn my head to see who is coming toward me and see a smiling Dallas. "How's the shopping going?" He questions.

"Great," I smile. "I just have to find a halo or something similar."

"Ah, so you are going to make it completely obvious that you are an angel. Well, I should warn you. I may or may not use several angel pick-up lines on you tomorrow."

"Oh, so you are going to go with the flirting method now?" I question while trying not to laugh.

"I'm stepping up my game," he shrugs with a grin plastered on his face.

"What game?" Joseph questions as he walks up to us.

"There is no game. If you two are going to follow me, that's fine, but I still need one or two more things."

"What else do you need?" Joseph asks.

"A halo or something like it," I respond and begin walking to the hair accessories.

"Do these jeans make my butt look big?" I hear Reece question. I turn to see Reece posing and Bennett in a dog onsie seriously examining Reece's backside before slapping his butt.

Reece jumps and is about to slap Bennett's butt, but he meets my gaze. I burst out laughing and I try to waddle away before I pee on myself. "I can't," I barely manage to say as tears roll down my face from crying. Dallas and Joseph reenact the whole scene while laughing. "Quit!" I try to say in a serious manner.

Once we all had calmed down, I managed to findsome hair pieces that I could use. All that really mattered is that I had whiteclothes and wings anyway.

THOUGHTS ON BENNETT AND ADDIE? THEIR DATE?

PREDICTIONS ON THEM VISITING THE CHILDREN'S HOSPITAL?