Week 4: Oliver's POV

I look up from reading my book by the window in the living room as Easton enters the room. His shoulders are tense, and he rushes to the next room. I don't feel lead to go put my nose in his business; instead, I continue reading. A few pages later, loud footsteps and voices come in the direction of the living room. I put my book down once again, and Easton followed by Dallas.

"Stop!" Easton yells and spins around to face Dallas. "Quit badgering me about why I'm leaving. It's none of your business."

Upon the yelling, the rest of the guys enter the room. "What about Addie?" Dallas questions.

Easton turns away from Dallas. "She knows, but don't think for a second that she did anything wrong. It's my fault." He begins to walk away, but Joseph steps in front of him.

"You can't drive like this. You could get in a car accident or something."

Easton seems to debate about driving anyway, but he makes the right decision. "Are you going to drive me?"

"Yes."

When the door closes, the rest of us are shocked and let silence surround us for a few moments.

"Did anyone else think that Easton was your biggest threat?" Darren questions.

Reece nods solemnly.

"Who do you think will be eliminated next? There's only one spot left for the next one."

"I have no idea," Dallas says.

"Should we go check on her?" Zeke questions.

"Yes," Darren says after a few moments of silence.

Reece is the first one to start to leave and one by one we follow him. A few moments later, he knocks on the door. She opens it and is surprised, but invites us inside. Reece picks up Belle before he leads us into the living room. We sit and talk for a while until Addie says that she is tired, but she appreciates us coming over. We begin to leave, but she says my name. "Can I talk to you for a few minutes?"

I nod and take my original seat. She frowns, and I frown as well.

"Do you like me?" She blurts out.

"Yes," I say perplexed by her question.

"Do you want a girlfriend?" She blurts out once again, and at first I take it as the first question.

I sit back with a frown on my face.

"Why did you come here?" She questions, but the last one still lingers in my mind.

"Adelaide, I need a girlfriend. I'm socially awkward." I begin, but she interrupts me.

"Oliver, you don't need a girlfriend. Why did you come here?" She remains calm, but I feel like the walls around me are closing in.

My palms begin to sweat and I stand up. I walk to the window and stare outside at freedom. "Why are you asking so many questions?"

"Why won't you tell me the truth?"

"I can't do this anymore," I mutter and fidget.

"Oliver?" She calls out, and I shake my head. She touches my arm. I step away and hold my arm close to me.

"A girlfriend is supposed to fix everything, to fix me."

"A girlfriend won't fix anything; it will only cause more problems. Are you a Christian?"

"If a girlfriend can't fix me, than no one can."

"Jesus can." She responds, but I shake my head. "Do you want Him to?"

I stop fidgeting and my arms fall to my sides. "What?"

"Do you want Jesus to fix you?" She repeats.

"That's not how it works," I argue, but deep inside I know I'm wrong.

"It's that simple," she smiles and sits down. "You just have to have faith; you just have to believe."

Excerpt of future events:

"Can I walk you out?" She says and a part of me wishes that I could stay, but I know this is the right decision.

I nod, and we walk out of the house together. "I want you to have this," she states and hands me a book.

"You got me a Bible?" I question.

She nods and wipes a few tears away. "Oliver, you are so smart, but you have so much more to learn," she says as I take the Bible in my hands. "I don't want you to leave here thinking that this world is all there is. There is much to look forward to, and it's all in here." She points to the Bible. "This book is so much more than a book, Oliver. Christianity is more than this book; Christianity is knowing Jesus on a personal level."

"And having faith?"

"Andhaving faith."

PREDICTIONS ON WHAT WILL HAPPEN NEXT?

HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY, K