Week 7: Dallas' date

I open the door for Dallas with a smile, "hey."

He gives me a quick smile before stepping inside. "Ready to bake some cookies?"

I nod and head to the kitchen. "You didn't have to come you know, but thank you." I glance back at him.

"I wanted to so it's really no problem. So, what kind of cookies are we going to make?" He questions and rubs his hands together.

"Peanut butter chocolate chip," I grin. "Will you get two eggs out of the fridge?"

We begin to work together by getting the ingredients out and mixing them together. I glance over at Dallas as he concentrates on forming the cookies and placing them on a baking sheet.

"How's your mom?"

"She's doing great," he grins. "She misses me though; I miss her a lot. I can't wait to see her."

"I can't imagine," I glance at him, "being away from my grandparents for so long." I pause. "Should I have let you guys have a break to see your families?"

"No, you did everything right. Remember Reed? It would have been more than just him that you would have had to deal with. The shows time frame isn't the end of the world. We survived, you know." He chuckles and nudges me.

I smile and nod. "You're right. Thank you, Dallas."

He nods and puts the cookies in the oven. He leans against the counter, and I sit at the island. "So, I guess is the last time we will really get to talk." He pauses. "I'm not very good at goodbyes."

I frown. "You make it sound like we won't ever see each other again. I don't want to say goodbye."

"Adelaide," he begins. I shake my head in protest, but he continues. "I want you and Reece to have the best future. I shouldn't be in the picture." He swallows. "Your decision kills me," he glances at the floor. "I have to accept it though; I have to move on. I don't want to hold your relationship back or cause bumps down the road. I told you, I miss my mom. I'll spend time with her and then see what happens for my future." He pauses and steps closer to me. "We have to say goodbye, Adelaide."

He stands in front of me and gently wipes my tears away. He kisses my forehead and I hold onto his wrist.

"This is the hardest thing I have ever done," I whisper.

"It will be worth it," he says quietly.

"Are you sure?" I look up at him. "Why does it hurt so badly, if it will be worth it?" He stays silent. "I think I need to think things over again before I make my decision."

"Adelaide," he begins, but I wrap my arms around him.

"Please. I have to make the right decision. I need some time to think."

He holds me tightly and kisses my forehead once before leaving.

I think back to all the times I've spent with Dallas. I chose him to be one of the ones for the first group date. I showed me who he was from the very beginning: adventurous and family oriented. He had intrigued me from the very beginning. I had connected with him since he opened up to me about his mom and asked me to dance with him. I gave him the first rose because of it. He asked me to stargaze. He gave me a spa night. He took me to a playground for our date. Our connection has stayed the same. He has never given up on me until I gave him a definite no.

I think back on all the times with Reece. He showed me who he really was from the very beginning too. He was the one who first called me Addie. It took him longer to open up to me, but when he did, the connection was there. He was the only one who stayed and proved that he wanted to be with me. He was the first to admit that he was falling for me and patiently waited for me to tell him my feelings. I gave him a rose twice. He has helped me with Belle anytime I needed it, and he would even if I didn't need it. Our connection has only grown as time goes on.

ONE MORE CHAPTER UNTIL YOU FIND OUT WHO SHE PICKS! 

REECE?

DALLAS?

YOU WILL FIND OUT NEXT FRIDAY!

HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY!

LOVE, K