Week 8: Interview (part 1)

"Are you nervous?" I glance at Reece, and he glances back at me.

He squeezes my hand reassuringly and kisses my temple. "Yes, but it will be okay because we are doing this together."

I smile and lead us into the room where Victoria is waiting.

Immediately we are overwhelmed by bright lights and a screaming audience. Lydia ushers us over to her. We sit down on a loveseat next to her chair and barely notice other seating options.

Once the audience quiets down, Lydia greets us. "Hello, lovebirds. It is wonderful to see Adelaide here with her chosen one finally!" The crowd goes wild, and she grins at the audience before turning back to us once they have stopped screaming. "Reece, how does it feel to be the winner of The Christian Bachelorette?"

"I've never viewed this show as a competition or a way to get 'famous'. I came here to get to know Addie and to see if there was a future with her." He glances at me with a grin. "I'm still shocked that she feels the same way about me that I do about her."

Some of the audience laughs, and the other part of the audience awes.

"Well, let's hear about Adelaide's thoughts about you during the show. Adelaide, how did you pick Reece? Did you know for a long time that it would be Reece?" Lydia questions me.

"I prayed a lot about my decision from the very beginning, but I didn't know for sure who I was going to choose until the day before the final elimination. I tried to give every man a fair chance, and if I knew it wouldn't work, then I sent them home to not lead them on."

"Speaking of the other guys, I have asked all of them to come to this interview. However, most would not come for one reason or another. How would you two feel if six of the contestants came back one last time?"

I glance at Reece, and he smiles reassuringly. "We don't mind. Bring them out here!"

The crowd goes wild as the guys walk in and take their seats. Jacob. Cooper. Easton. Ian. Noah. Joseph.

"Welcome!" Lydia greets. "I'm going to ask some questions, but all of you will get a chance to ask the happy couple any questions that you have."

"Couple?" Jacob asks and leans forward in his seat with excited interest.

"You two are already dating?" Joseph questions and glances between us and Lydia.

"Surprise!" Lydia exclaims, and the crowd goes wild once again.

I glance at Reece to see his reaction, but he is already nodding. "We've built a strong foundation as friends for seven weeks. We both wanted to and were ready for a relationship."

Reece glances at me, and I smile at him in awe. He's better at being interrogated than I am. I'm glad I don't have to answer every answer directed to both of us.

"Did you practice that answer?" Lydia jokingly asks. He shakes his head. "Okay, I'll start with Joseph. How do you feel about Reece being the winner? From what everyone saw, you were very upset about going home and I dare say wished to be the winner."

"Frankly, I'm shocked. After Adelaide and I grew closer, I thought that I would go further than I did. I never viewed him as competition. It seemed to me like he snuck up from the back of the pack and swooped Adelaide off her feet."

Lydia nods, and she smiles in sympathy. "I have to agree Joseph, and I also need to add that most people were shocked as well with Reece's appearance further into the show." She turns to Jacob and smiles. "Jacob, we know that you offered to be Adelaide's confidant, but she refused. Did you ever feel negatively toward her?"

"Of course not," he shakes his head. "I understood perfectly why she sent me home. However, I think some of the others who went home in the beginning would have to say that they do feel negatively toward her."

Reece, Easton, and Cooper immediately shake their heads in disagreement.

"Don't you dare try to make Addie seem like the bad guy. I also don't think you should speak upon the behalf of anyone other than yourself." Noah says threateningly.

I blink in shock that he was so outspoken. The crowd went so silent that you could hear a pin drop.

"Noah is right," Lydia says. "We should all only speak on behalf of ourselves and not talk badly about Adelaide. She did the very best in her decision making." She turns back to Noah. "There was a lot unspoken between you and Adelaide. Is there anything you would like to tell her?"

His eyes go wide, and Joseph gapes at him. "What is she implying?"

Noah glances away from us. Tears begin to form in my eyes, but I fight them back. I close my eyes and take a deep breath. "Don't say a word, Noah," I whisper. I turn to Lydia. "Next question, please."

HELLO LOVELIES!

THOUGHTS ON THE FIRST HALF OF THE INTERVIEW?

NEXT HALF WILL HOPEFULLY BE POSTED NEXT FRIDAY. 

ANY OTHER THOUGHTS?

THERE IS ONLY THREE MORE CHAPTERS UNTIL THIS BOOK IS COMPLETED!

HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY!

LOVE, K