Week 3: Elimination

I sit along with the guys as Victoria begins this week's elimination. I told her that I didn't know who to choose, and she said that she had an idea. We are all nervous and waiting for this to start so it will be over with as soon as possible. Victoria greets us from the front of the room and asks me to open up with prayer.

"Hey, Jesus. Thank you for this day and all the people surrounding me. Guide me with decisions that I will have to make in a few minutes. Be with each of these wonderful men here and bless them. Show us Your love and remind us of Your grace. Amen," I pray.

Victoria keeps her facial expressions neutral, and I swallow nervously. "Adelaide, will you come up here?" I nod and stand beside her. "Adelaide is at a loss on who to choose so we are going to do things a little differently. I will call names in pairs and each pair will stand up here together. She will have to choose one man in each pair to go home."

I should have seen this coming. She mentioned it to me before the last elimination.

"The first pair is Cooper and Reece. The second pair is Darren and Christian. The third pair is Liam and Micah. The fourth pair is Wyatt and Easton. The last pair is Oliver and Zeke." Victoria says and each pair of guys come and stands to the left of us. Victoria moves to the side of the room once she finishes speaking.

I search each of their faces; some are nervous and others are calm. I take a deep breath and walk to the first pair. "Cooper, I had a wonderful time on our date, but unfortunately I can't keep you here the entire time. Thanks for everything," I smile.

He smiles back. "Can I give you a goodbye hug?" I nod and we hug one last time. "Adios!" He exclaims and walks out.

I turn to Victoria for the rose and she hands it to me before returning to her previous spot. I pin it to Reece's shirt and hug him. "Thank you for staying and opening up to me. I can't wait to do it again."

"You can go sit down, Reece." I tell him before moving to the next pair. "Darren, our date was one of the best I have ever been on. Thank you so much. You can join Reece."

"Thank you," he smiles and sits back down.

I turn to Christian, and he has his jaw set. "Can I wait until you have chosen who else goes?"

"Why do you want to wait?" I question in confusion.

"Because he wants to see if you choose me over him. Christian has been at my throat this entire time!" Wyatt exclaims.

"If only she knew how awful you are," Christian spits.

"So, what? It isn't like you are any better. You've let your anger show the entire time you've been here." Wyatt responds.

Christian takes a step toward Wyatt and I can't take it. "Quit! You two are acting like children. Both of you go home. Now." Christian looks shocked, but they leave and Easton takes a seat quietly. "Liam, I'm sorry, but you will be going home as well."

He nods and leaves quietly. Micah takes his seat and I turn to the last pair. I don't know why, but something in me breaks when I gaze at them. "I don't know," I mutter.

"You have to choose between the two of them," Victoria states.

I hold back the tears that come to my eyes. I take a deep breath. I open my mouth to say something, but Noah stands up. "I will go in their place," he states.

I step back in shock. "No!" I look to Victoria in hope that she will say he can't do that, but she nods. I look back at Noah and I want to scream at him. I thought out of anyone, a preacher wouldn't break my heart. He was so nice and kind. I don't understand. I close my eyes and begin to walk away and out of this house.

"Adelaide?" He stops me.

I turn to him and ask him one question. "Why?"

"It's not why you think."

"You aren't going to tell me," I state and he keeps silent. I turn away from him. "Go home," I whisper as a tear escapes. I leave and walk over to my house. I embrace the cold like an old friend. My tears flow freely for a long time. I am about to turn my phone off when it won't stop ringing from people trying to call me when I see who the current one is from. "Hello?" I answer and my voice cracks.

"Adelaide?"

I push aside my feelings from what happened and tense when she uses my first name in a shaky voice. "What's wrong?"

"It's," she stops as a sob escapes. "Poppa."

"I'm on my way."

DOUBLE UPDATE! I MAY DO A DOUBLE UPDATE MORE OFTEN DEPENDING ON HOW MUCH I GET TO WRITE DURING THE WEEK. WHAT DID YOU THINK ABOUT THE CHAPTERS? ANY THOUGHTS ON WHAT WILL HAPPEN NEXT?