Week 6: Reece's date

I stare at the TV and let my thoughts take over.

"What will happen if I know who I will choose before the nine weeks are over?" I question Victoria over the phone. "Does this whole thing just end early? Will I get in trouble?"

"Well, Adelaide, we do want it to go the full nine weeks. However, if you decide a couple weeks early, then we will work something out. You have a good heart, and I know you wouldn't want to lead any of them on. It's up to you, but I would like to know ahead of time when you know your decision. Do you already know?" She answers with curiosity.

"No, but I already know who I'm going to eliminate next. Maybe it will take me to decide between three weeks to decide between three men."

I can hear the smile in her voice. "Adelaide, I know you will pick the right one. You don't have to rush anything. Enjoy the rest of your vacation and relax."

A knock pulls me from my thoughts. I answer it, and I smile at Reece. "Hi." I lean against the door frame.

"There's a problem," he says with a concerned face. He holds on to the straps of a backpack that is on him, and he slightly fidgets.

"What? What's wrong?" I question and stand up straighter.

"We have not gone on an official date, and I propose that we change that right now."

I relax, but give him a pointed look. "Reece!"

"What?" He says and puts his arms up in surrender. "This is a serious issue."

"Okay, yes. This is a very serious issue, and we will change that right now."

"Right now?" He grins.

"Right now," I nod with a playful smile. "Where are we going?"

He smiles mischievously. "Come on, princess." He says and begins to skip down the hall.

I giggle and watch him for a few seconds before running to catch up to him.

"Are we allowed to be up here?" I question as we step onto the roof of the hotel. I glance at him and then at the beginnings of the sunset.

"I asked for permission, so yes," he answers. The gentle breeze tosses Reece's hair ever so slightly, and it looks like a blazing golden color from the last strong rays of sunlight. He turns to me as he begins to take off his backpack. "What?"

Heat burns my cheeks, and I hug him quickly to hide my face. He immediately wraps his arms around me. "I love this. Why'd you choose to bring me up here?"

"All your other dates seemed to be about excitement, fancy food, or I don't know." He pauses. "I chose a chill and relaxing atmosphere with an amazing view. I'm glad you like my choice."

We sit next to each other on the bench as the sun sets. We have a blanket laid across our laps. Why didn't I tell him the truth earlier? Where did that shyness come from? I still haven't told him that I like him, and he told me three weeks ago. I'm a horrible person. Woman up, Adelaide! Tell him! I glance at him, and I panic. I stand up and take the blanket with me. I lean against the wall, but I look over the edge and back up. I bump into Reece by accident in the process.

"Hey, why'd you leave?" He questions and turns me around.

I look up at him and his baby blues capture me. "I like you," I pause, "a lot."

He smiles like never before, runs a hand through his hair, and takes a step back before taking me in his arms. He slightly picks me up and spins us around. He loses his balance, and we almost topple over. We laugh and sit back on the bench. He wraps his arm around me, and I cuddle into him with the blanket on both of us.

After a few minutes, I sit up. "What else do you have in your backpack?"

He picks up his bag from the ground. He pulls out a pack of Oreo's, a bag of plain chips, and two bottles of water. My eyes light up. "The perfect combination of sweet, salty, and hydration," he grins, and I laugh. I open the pack of Oreo's and grab two. "So," he says after eating an Oreo. "Will I, or all of us, get the chance to go see your grandparents again?"

I swallow and take a drink of water. "I hadn't thought about it to be honest. If you or the others wanted to, we could. Why?"

He opens the bag of chips and laughs nervously. "I want to connect with your grandmother. She scared me last time, and I wouldn't really say anything. Your grandpa seemed to like me though."

I smile. "You should tell her that when we go again."

"So, we are going to go?"

"It will be our second date," I smile, and hegrins.

THANK YOU FOR OVER 200 READS! 

WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK ABOUT REECE AND THEIR DATE? 

WHAT ABOUT ADDIE ADMITTING HER FEELINGS?

HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY! 

LOVE, K