Week 6: Joseph's date

"Your back!" Maddy exclaims as we walk in and escorts us to the same booth as last time. "Do you two know what you want?"

"I want a vanilla milkshake, a hamburger, and fries," I state as Joseph and I settle into the booth.

"Wonderful! Prince Joseph?"

"I'll have the same," he smiles. She smiles and walks toward the kitchen.

"It's been a long time since we were here last," I comment. He nods in agreement. "So, did you enjoy our mini vacation?"

He glances away. "It was for you." He turns back to me. "Did you enjoy your mini vacation?"

I am taken back by his reaction and lean against the booth. "Joseph?"

"Did you?" He questions.

"For the most part, but why are you acting like this?" I push.

He shakes his head. "It wasn't about or for me."

I stare at him for a few moments until it clicks, and I cross my arms. "Why are you doing this?" I question.

"Doing what?" He questions just as Maddy walks up to our table sets our milkshakes down.

"I'll be right back with your food, lovebirds." I smile thankfully at Maddy and remain silent until she brings us our food.

"Will you pray over the food?" He nods and gives a brief prayer over the food and Maddy's restaurant. I begin eating the fries. "Why are you pushing me away? You've made progress this whole time until now."

"You make me sound like some kind of project or experiment," he spits out. I clench my jaw so I don't let him see my true emotions. If he won't open up, neither will I. He laughs bitterly. "Wow. You aren't even going to defend yourself. Great."

I push my food away as my stomach turns into knots. I grab my purse and pull out a few dollars. "It's good to know the true you. Enjoy," I throw the bills on the table and stand up from the booth. I begin to walk away while dialing a number on my phone. "I need a car." I state, but Joseph takes my phone from me.

"What are you doing?" He asks angrily.

"Leaving," I say bluntly. "Give me my phone."

"Tell me why you are leaving first," he says dejectedly.

I scoff and glance away for a moment. "You were being a jerk, Joseph. Do not act oblivious! I will not put up with it. I'm leaving and until you actually want to open up, don't bother talking to me." I take my phone from him. I turn toward the door and spin around to face him. I shake my head. "You could have had my heart, but I don't know if we can recover from this." I rush out the door and into the waiting car before he can try to stop me if he wanted to.

I'm silent during the car ride with the driver. When he pulls up to my house, I thank him before rushing to my house to let my emotions run wild. I slam the door behind me and head into the living room. I drop my purse in the floor and grab a pillow. I scream as loud and long as I can as tears trickle from my eyes. I hug the pillow to my chest as sobs take over my body, and I gasp for air. I fall to the floor and reach for my phone to call the one person who can help calm me down.

"Hello, little bird," Two-Mama's voice instantly gives me a quick breath of air. I attempt to say something, anything, but all that comes out is a cough filled with struggle to breathe. "Oh honey, it's okay. Breath in with me, okay?" She breathes in and I take a breath with her. "Good, little bird. Now, let's breathe out." I breathe out with her, and we continue this for a few minutes until I can catch my breath and the tears have slowed down tremendously. "It will be okay, little bird. This will just be a little bit longer, and then you won't have as much stress. It will be like your happily ever after that's in all those Disney movies. We just have to go through some heart breaks and struggles first." She pauses. "Do you want to talk about it or who?"

"Joseph," I barely manage to whisper the word as a fresh wave of tears fall.

"Little bird, I should have given you this advice a long time ago, but now is a good time to. Can I tell you?"

"Yes," I whimper and lean against the couch.

"One of the biggest red flags in dating is if the guy makes you cry in a negative way three times, but I think a guy shouldn't make you cry at all. Guys are not worth our tears especially if we aren't married to him. Does that help?" She says as I wipe my tears away.

Reece wipes the remaining tears away from my cheeks. "Adelaide, I'm proud to wear your tears." I laugh slightly and more tears come to my eyes. He holds my face softly and kisses my forehead. "Will you do me a favor?" He pauses and gazes into my eyes with the most heartfelt concern. "Please, don't cry anymore over his stupid words. It hurts me that he hurt you." My lips lift up into a smile. "See! All better. Now, we are going to where you want to eat because I know that you barely ate anything."

"Yes, that helps," I smile. "Thank you."

I can tell that she smiles too. "No more tears for him?"

"No more tears."

I HAVE SO MUCH TO SAY.

FIRST... THANK Y'ALL FOR OVER 200 READS! I HAVE WORKED REALLY HARD ON THIS BOOK AND AM THINKING ABOUT TRYING TO ADVERTISE IT, BUT I DON'T WANT TO SEEM LIKE I AM DOING IT JUST TO GET MORE POPULAR... DOES THAT EVEN MAKE SENSE???

SECOND... I'M SO SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING FOR A MONTH. I WAS TRYING TO FINISH UP THE SEMESTER AND THEN I GOT MY WISDOM TEETH TAKEN OUT. IT IS SUMMER NOW AND I SHOULD BE ABLE TO UPDATE EVERY FRIDAY LIKE I HAD BEEN DOING. 

THIRD... QUESTIONS FOR YOU GUYS:

HOW DO YOU FEEL ABOUT JOSEPH NOW? SORRY TO LEAVE YOU GUYS ON A SAD NOTE (CHAPTER). 

THOUGHTS ON REECE?

DO YOU THINK YOU KNOW WHO SHE WILL CHOOSE?

LASTLY... NEXT CHAPTER BEGINS WEEK SEVEN WHICH MEANS IT'S ELIMINATION TIME. WHO'S GOING HOME? THIS BOOK IS GETTING CLOSER AND CLOSER TO THE END.

REMINDER: WEEK NINE IS THE LAST WEEK.

LOVE, K