Week 2: Pool Party

I grin at myself in the mirror. I was skeptical about having a pool party for a group date. One reason is because I would have to wear a swimsuit around seven guys, but the swimsuit Victoria is cute and modest. It is a tankini; the top is a teal halter top, and the high-waisted bottom is white and teal (up and down) stripes. I sleep on thin white pants that remind me of sweatpants or pajama bottoms and grab my bag. It has sunscreen, a few towels, a few water bottles, and a variety of snacks. I head down stairs and slide my sunglasses on. I slip on a pair of white flip flops before heading out the door and towards the pool which is behind the guys' house.

Micah waves at me when I enter the pool area. The rest of the guys greet me too, and I wave back before setting my things down at a lounge chair. I take my white bottoms off before walking toward the guys. "How many games do you guys want to play?"

"We have to play chicken!" Reece exclaims. "It wouldn't be a pool party without it."

"Okay, you guys can play. I'll pass on that one." I state, and the majority of them run toward the pool. They all jump in, in various ways. "You don't want to get in with that craziness either?"

Joseph shakes his head. "All they are doing is showing off for you. I don't want to be associated with that crowd."

"All of them are showing off?" I question slightly confused.

"It's a game about who's winning, and lifting each other. Yes, all of them are showing off." He states with his arms crossed.

"Do you mind if we sit down and talk?" I question, and he waves for me to lead the way. I sit on the lounge I had picked out earlier, and he sits on the one to the right of mine.

"Did you ask Noah to talk to me?" He questions, and I nod.

"Why?" He questions and a big splash is followed. I glance at the pool in time to see Micah break through the water.

"The whole time you've been here, you've stayed in the background and been reserved. I thought maybe it would be better if one of the guys talked to you instead of me."

He sighs. "I've made a horrible impression so far. I came here to finally get a real chance at love. I take a while to warm up to people to start to open up to them. All the girls I've been on dates with end it after the first date. I was honestly surprised when I didn't get sent home during the first elimination."

"Do you want to know why I didn't eliminate you?" I question and pull my knees up to my chest. I don't wait for him to answer. "Because everyone I eliminated didn't want to be here. They told me to send them home straight to my face. I'm not wasting my time with people who don't want to be here and don't care about me. You intrigue me. In just a few short minutes, you have proved to me that I made the right decision and that you want to be here. Am I wrong?"

He gazes at me for a few seconds before nodding. "I really do want to be here. I want to learn to open up to people. I can't promise that I'll participate in everything, but I do want to get to know you. You are the only reason I'm here."

I smile at him and relax. "Thank you."

"Addie, we won!" Reece exclaims. "What's the game you want to play?"

"Hang on, I'm coming." I respond, and I stand up.

Joseph grabs onto my wrist, and I turn back to him. "My first name is Prince, but will you continue to call me Joseph?" I nod. "I'll try to stay here as long as I can, okay?"

I squeeze his hand, and I smile at him. "Come join us if you feel up to it, or you can watch from a distance." I walk toward the guys in the pool. "I want us to race on pool floats."

"Easy," Lucas mutters.

"Reed and Lucas, you two will be racing each other, so get out of the pool. Actually, everyone needs to be out of the pool." While they get out of the pool, I grab a girly swan float and a donut float. "Reed," I say and hand him the donut float. "Lucas," I say and hand him the swan float.

"No way," Lucas says in disgust. I raise an eyebrow. "I mean yay."

I hope Reed beats him. "Okay, set your floats in the water. When I say go, jump on them and try to get to the other side of the pool before the other one. Got it?" They nod, and I go to the other side of the pool. "Ready? Set. Go!" Lucas jumps too far on his float and ends up flipping it which gives Reed a head start. Reed wins way ahead of Lucas, and I help Reed out of the water. He hugs me, and slightly lifts me off the ground. "Congratulations, Reed."

He grins and sets me down.

Next, Micah and Liam race against each other. Micah uses a pizza slice float, and Liam uses a Popsicle float. They tie with each other.

Lastly, Reece and Christian go against each other. Reece uses a watermelon float, and Christian uses a pink shell float. Christian wins because Reece goofs off and laughs at Christian's float the entire time.

"Okay, okay. Races are over. You guys can relax now." I grab a pineapple float, and I slip my sunglasses back on. I climb onto my float after I put it in the water, and relax.

"You finally got in the water, kind of." Christian chuckles as he swims over to me.

"Ha. Ha. Are you having a good time?" I respond.

He nods. "I would rather Lucas not be here, but I can put up with him for you. I understand that you need to get to know all of us."

"Thank you for understanding."

"Did I hear my name?" Lucas swims up to us.

"You did," Christian answers.

"Mind if I cut in?" Lucas questions.

I can feel the testosterone pumping so I decide to step in. "Not at all, I'll talk to you later, Christian." He nods, and he swims away.

Lucas folds his arms on my float and I try to move away slightly without him noticing. "You look amazing. I love that you decided a pool party."

"Actually, I didn't decide this."

"Well, I wanted to ask you something." He moves closer to me. "Will you agree that I be your next one-on-one date?"

"May I interrupt? I want to talk to Addie." Micah says as he swims up to us.

"I need an answer first." Lucas says kind of demandingly.

"If you need an answer now, then my answer is no." I say and slide off my float.

"Do you want to go over there and sit?" Micah questions pointing over to the lounge chairs and I agree. I try not to rush over to the lounge chairs. I immediately put my white bottoms back on after wiping off quickly, and I sit down on the chair. Micah sits on the chair to the right of me after wiping off and draping the towel around his shoulders. "Are you okay?"

"Lucas was being pushy, and," I pause, "disrespectful."

"Addie," Micah starts, but is interrupted.

Allof a sudden, Lucas is in front of us, and he is demanding why his time wasinterrupted and why I won't go on a date with him. I can feel my body beginningto shake as flashbacks of my past take over. In a blur, Joseph, Christian, andReed are in between me and Lucas. Micah shakes my arm gently and I glance overat him blankly. I stand up and keep moving until I'm in front of Lucas.Everything is silent; I'm not sure if they are holding their breaths orshocked. "Pack your bags and go home." I turn and leave before I fall apart infront of all of them.