Week 4: Goodbye and hello

I hold on to Two-Mama for dear life, and she rubs my back soothingly. "Little bird, I know you don't want to leave us, but we will be okay. You are welcome to come here any time you need to, and we are okay if you bring a guest or two with you."

I pull back to meet her eyes with my red rimmed ones. "I thought we agreed that it would be best to wait until I picked."

She places her hand on my cheek, and I lean in to it. "You are drained and need us. Family is important to you. Don't you want to know, how they will interact around us?"

"I don't want you two to get hurt," I whisper.

Two-Mama scoffs. "You should be more worried for them getting hurt."

I laugh and wipe the remaining tears from my cheeks. "Okay, I'll let you know when and who."

Two-Mama gives me a big momma bear hug before releasing me to go hug Poppa bye.

I had texted the guys to let them know that I was on my way back, and that I would come over to their house so we could talk. I am shocked when I get in view of their house. A welcome back banner is strung across the porch with gold and clear balloons on each side. All the guys are outside waving at me. Some are on the porch, some on the steps, and some on the grass. Tears come to my eyes and smile grows big enough to make my cheeks hurt. I quickly park and scramble out of the car. I sprint to the closet one which just so happens to be Dallas. He easily catches me and spins me around. I laugh joyfully and move on to the next guy. I hug each and every one of them. The last one I come to is Joseph and I start crying as we embrace each other.

"Why are you crying?" He questions and I can hear the panic in his voice. "Do you not like it? Are you okay? Was this too much?"

I lean back and laugh. "I love it," I say and glance at all the guys. "Thank you guys."

"There's more," Bennett says and gestures to inside.

I shyly go inside and there is gifts and food covering every inch of the coffee table in the living room. Another banner and more balloons are also scattered throughout. Belle was waiting for me and she runs towards me when I open the door. I immediately pick her up and a wave of guilt washes over me. I forgot about her. I turn around and Reece smiles. "I claim her as partially mine and was glad to have some time with her." I smile appreciatively and snuggle her to my chest.

"You guys did all this for me?"

"We needed to. We realized we weren't being men and showing you that we cared for you. From here on out, I hope you will see us as eight godly men before you and forgive us when we act like boys," Easton answers.

I smile as happiness washes over me. I begin to walk more into the living room when something stops me in my tracks. I put Belle down and turn to the guys. "You guys go on in there. I need to go over to my house for a minute, but I'll be right back."

They look confused, but do as I say. I try to act normal as I leave the house and fast walk over to my house. I'm almost positive my period started. I had forgotten about it starting soon. I need to keep up with that more. Once inside my house, I go straight to the bathroom connected to my bedroom. I was right. Once I put on a new outfit and got everything situated, I headed back over to the guys. I decided to go with a sweatshirt and a pair of comfy black shorts. I know it's warm outside, but the guys keep their house cold.

I let myself into the house and go straight for the open spot on the couch next to Bennett. On the table in front of us there are chocolate covered strawberries, chips, various smoothies, and sandwiches. In the middle, is a vase filled with roses. I grab a chocolate strawberry and sigh in content. "You guys are going to spoil me."

"That's the plan," Zeke says.

"What kind of smoothies are those?" I question Bennett.

"Chocolate, strawberry banana, peanut butter and banana, and berry." He says and points to which ones are which.

I grab one of the peanut butter and banana ones. The guys begin to get what they want from the table and relax.

"I hate to put a damper on things, but we do have some questions if you are ready to talk." Dallas says cautiously.

I nod.

"I'll start," Oliver begins. "What exactly was said with Reed?"

I'm a little put off by that being the first question. I assumed it would be if I was okay or what exactly was my family emergency or is my family okay. "It was after the pool party and he was opening up to me about his family. I won't go into what exactly he shared with me because I want to respect his privacy. He hired someone to help his dad on the farm while he was here. Anyway, I said that he was absolutely needed to go help his dad then he could go on a weekend like leave Friday and come back Saturday before elimination. I realize I didn't go about it the right way or tell anyone else other than him. Just so you guys know if there is a serious emergency that you need to leave, you can leave. You'll have to tell Victoria or me in a reasonable amount of time." I take a deep breath and wait for the next question.

"Can you tell us your family emergency or if everyone is okay?" Darren questions.

I hesitate. I feel comfortable telling some of them the whole story, but not all of them. "One of my family members was in the hospital. They are okay and were sent home yesterday."

"Are you okay from what happened at the Elimination?" Zeke questions.

"It really hurt me, but yes, I am okay."

"Do you wish he was still here?" Joseph questions.

We lock eyes and there is something in his eyesthat I can't put my finger on. "No. You can't hold on to something that'swaiting to go."