Week 7: Reece's POV

As soon as I finish my part in cutting the lawn, I head up to the house with an uneasy feeling in my gut. I take my shoes off outside and rub as much grass as I can off of me before entering the house.

"Addie?" I call out after glancing around. I step into the living room and see Addie sitting on the floor curled up. She lifts her head up to look at me, and my heart aches when I see her tear stained cheeks and red rimmed eyes. I quickly kneel down in front of her. "Hey, what's wrong?" I place my hands on her arms and rub them up and down comfortingly.

She closes her eyes tightly. "I miss my parents," she says brokenly and begins to sob. I don't know what to say so I just hold her until her tears slow and her breathing is back to normal. "Poppa mentioned them before they left, and then I looked through my baby photo album. Sometimes I forget that they should be here and that they will never be here." She picks up the album. "I can get a good idea of how much they loved me just on this little book." She looks up at me as tears slowly slide down her cheeks. "I forget how much more God loves me more than them, you know? Then, I'm reminded and I just lose it." She laughs to herself, "does that even make sense?"

I smile and nod. "Yes, it makes sense. We all need reminded of how much God loves and cares for us at certain times in our lives. It's normal, and it's okay to lose it." She smiles at me, and I push some hair out of her face. "Do you still want to go meet your grandparents or do you need some time?"

"I'm okay, Reece. Kayaking is one of the things that make me feel close to God." She smiles and pats my knee. "Come on you can help me get the kayaks ready to go." She stands up and begins to walk to the garage, but I quickly get up and stop her. "What?"

I pull her close to me and hug her tightly. She relaxes into me and my heart races. "Addie," I breathe out.

She pulls back enough to look at me. "Yes?"

The back door creaks open, and we end the hug abruptly. "The lawn is finished. Anything else need to be finished?" Dallas questions.

Addie points to the garage. "We were just about to get the kayaks out of the garage. Could you two do that? I just need to pack up the lunch real quick."

"Yeah, where do we need to take them?" Dallas questions.

"Just to the edge of the water. I'll meet you guys down there in a minute."

The ride down the river was so peaceful. I had forgotten how much I enjoyed being on a kayak. I take a deep breath of fresh air and smile to myself.

"Reece!" My eyes open and shield them from the sun to see Addie's grandfather waving at me from his boat. "Come up here! I need your fishing skills."

"Yes, sir!" I answer back before securing my kayak and climbing onto his boat. I head over to where he and his wife are sitting.

"Why don't you take my pole? I'm not very good at fishing. I'd rather sit and watch anyway." Addie's grandmother says.

"Are you sure?" I question before taking the pole from her hands.

"Yes, I'm sure. So, how are you feeling? Did you expect to be in the top two?" She replies.

I cast the line and can't help but smile. "This is the best thing that has happened to me. Addie means a lot to me, and I will respect her decision either way. I'm excited, but I do have my nervous moments. I actually hoped to see you two again because I don't think I made the best impression before. I let my nerves get to me, specifically with you," I say to Addie's grandmother.

She smiles. "I can be intimidating," she shrugs. "I thought that your nerves got to you too, but now I think that was the best thing you could have done because you were showing your true emotions. You won his heart within the first five minutes," she laughs softly. "I'm a tougher nut to crack, but I believe you are genuine and really care for our little bird."

I smile gratefully at her as tears come to my eyes, but I am brought back to the task at hand when I feel a tug on the pole.

"Reel it in!"

GOOD MORNING, LOVELIES!

NEXT WEEK IS GOING TO BE THE LAST TWO CHAPTERS BEFORE YOU FIND OUT WHO ADDIE CHOOSES. 

WHAT DO YOU ALL THINK ABOUT ADDIE OPENING UP MORE TO REECE?

ANY OTHER THOUGHTS?

HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY!

LOVE, K