Week 6: My boy-friend

On the flight back home, I am seated beside an older couple. I don't mind because they seem friendly, and the time alone will give me room to think. I need to talk to Bennett some time and let him know that what he said bothered me, but also that I don't feel a strong connection to him. I've always tried to talk to the guys I eliminate before the actually elimination unless it's obvious. I don't them to be genuinely shocked by my decision unless it's something good.

I really enjoyed my mini vacation. I didn't realize how bad I needed it. I can't believe week six is almost over. Each day I get closer to knowing who I will choose. I have it down to three amazing guys, and I know God has a plan for each of them. Only one of them will align with His plan for my life. I don't want to break any of their hearts.

I inwardly sigh, and hit the movies tab on the screen in front of me. I'm tired of thinking. I decide to watch Forever My Girl. I put my headphones in as the trailers for other movies begin to play. A flight attendant comes by and taps me on the shoulder. I quickly take my headphones out.

"Are you Adelaide?" She questions, and I nod. "This is for you." She hands me a napkin, and I take it with hesitation.

"Thanks," I reply. She smiles and moves along the isle. I notice there is writing on it, and I read it.

Addie,

Last night was the best night of my life. I have never felt like that before. I keep pinching myself to wake myself up from this amazing dream. I had to quit though because it hurt.

Thank you for telling me how you felt. I know it's scary and new, but I want you to feel comfortable around me. If you ever feel uncomfortable, please tell me.

I have so much more to say, but I'm running out of room and don't want to tear the only writable object I have.

Enjoy your flight. If you need me, flag down the flight attendant lady or come find me. I told her that you are my girlfriend so refer to me as your boyfriend.

P.S. Don't be mad! I don't want this to be our first fight...

XOXO, Reece (your boy-friend)

Reece and I share a knowing look when I am waiting for all of them to find me in the airport. The other three guys arrive and we head in the direction of the baggage claim. Reece and I are the first to find ours and we step to the side. He wraps one of his arms around me and pulls me into a hug. "You aren't mad, right?"

I pull away enough to look at him and shake my head. "That was a pretty brave move of you."

He ducks his head. "What can I say? You bring out the best in me."

I lean against him as my heart melts. He rests his head on top of mine. Dallas comes up to us with a surprised expression. "Am I interrupting?" He questions.

"Nope," I say, but stay in the same position. Bennett and Joseph join us and they too have surprised expressions. "How was the plane ride?" I ask Joseph.

He shrugs. "Better than the other time, but not as bad. I still enjoy being on the ground instead of in the air."

I nod and smile. I reluctantly move away from Reece. "Come on," I say and signal for the guys to follow me.

I text Bennett to meet me outside after a few hours of arriving at our houses. I sit outside on my porch and watch Belle play in the grass. Bennett waves when he comes in sight of me, and I wave back. "Hi," he says and sits down.

"Hey," I reply and turn to him slightly. "I wanted to talk to you about something that happened on the mini vacation."

"I want to talk to about something too," he responds. "You barely talked to me or acknowledged me."

"You criticized my decision about eating on the boat for brunch, and that hurt me."

"Well, I didn't mean to," he says exasperatedly.

"I know," I sigh and turn to face forward.

"Is that why you are close to Reece now?" He pauses. "Because you were trying to get away from me."

I give him a confused expression. "No. We are closer from spending the rest of that day together, but I've had a connection to Reece long before the mini vacation."

He puts his head down for a moment, and then he stands up. "You don't have to say anything else unless there is something I can do to change your mind."

I remain silent, and he walks away. Not until his retreating figure disappears, do I close my eyes and let the remaining sun beams embrace me.

God, saying goodbye to good men is the hardest part of this show.

The words don't settle are whispered in a gentle breeze.

I won't. Please, show me who I'm supposed to choose one more time. I don't want to settle for the wrong guy.

Be patient, my daughter.

DESPITE THIS BEING A FICTIONAL STORY, I WANT EVERYONE WHO READS THIS TO TRULY NOT SETTLE FOR THE WRONG GUY OR GIRL. THEY MAY BE GOOD PEOPLE, BUT THAT DOESN'T MEAN THEY ARE THE ONE FOR YOU.

OF COURSE, YOU DON'T HAVE TO DO AS I SAY. I'M NOT TRYING TO PREACH. I'M TRYING TO PREVENT HEARTACHE.

I HOPE YOU ENJOYED THIS CHAPTER... NEXT CHAPTER IS JOSEPH'S DATE WITH ADDIE!