Week 4: Dream

Sometime after we finished talking, the TV was turned on and we relaxed in our own way. Sitting wasn't the most comfortable position, so I lay down on the couch while still giving Zeke enough room to sit on the opposite side. A baseball game was playing and my eyes began to get heavy.

Darkness.

We are smiling. The trees and surroundings go by in a blur. I don't know where we are going, but I don't feel the need to ask either. The atmosphere is warm and inviting.

When the car stops, we get out. My husband gets the baby car seat from the backseat as I get the small toddler, and we enter the house. My grandparents greet us, and Two-Mama peeks into the car seat to see the precious baby.

Soon we leave again, but our baby stays at my grandparent's house. Once we are in the car, my husband kisses me.

"I love you. Thank you for choosing me four years ago on this day."

I give him another kiss. "I love you too."

Darkness.

I wake to someone softly caressing my head. I open my eyes groggily. Dallas smiles, but I can see the concern in his eyes.

"Why are you crying?" He questions tenderly.

I sit up and wipe my cheeks. "I'm not sure."

"Did you have a bad dream?"

I shake my head with a small smile. "I actually had a really good one." I adjust the blanket that was previously covering me. "Where'd this come from?"

Dallas blushes slightly. "You seemed cold so I put my blanket on top of you. I hope you don't mind."

I smile. "I don't mind. That was sweet of you."

He smiles back. "Would you like to go on a date with me tomorrow or whenever you feel up to it?"

"Of course, that sounds great." I pause. "What time is it?"

"5:13." He answers after glancing at his phone.

"I better call my grandparents."

He nods. "I should call my mom."

"Is she still doing well?" I ask.

"Yes," he hesitates. "She really wants to meet you."

"Will you meet my grandparents first?" I question him.

"Yes."

My call with Two-Mama was short. Poppa and her are worn out, but were glad to hear that I made it back safe. I asked if they would feel up to having company next week and she said they would. She said she would be rested up by then and ready to put them in their place. I let her go so she could rest and tend to Poppa.

I went back inside the guys' house to find that Bennett had dinner ready, but he wouldn't let anyone eat until I came in to eat with them. He made chicken sandwiches, salad, and fries. I didn't feel very hungry and my lower back was starting to ache. I served myself a small salad and a sandwich. Each of the other guys served themselves too. A few of the guys were about to leave the kitchen, but I quickly stopped them.

"I have an announcement. Next week we will be going to visit my grandparents."

"Really?" Joseph questioned.

I nod.

"Any other announcements?" Reece questions.

"Nope."

"I have a question," Easton says. I look at him expectantly. "Will you go on a date with me?"

"Yes, but not tomorrow."

He gives me thumbs up before he begins to eat his food. Most of the guys stay in the kitchen to eat together, but I do notice a few leave to another room. I try to eat as much as I can, but I push my plate away when I reach my limit.

"Are you okay?" Bennett questions. "You didn't eat a lot."

"I'm okay. I'm not very hungry."

"You sure?" Easton questions. I shrug. Easton stands up and walks over to me. He places his wrist on my forehead. "You don't have a temperature." He leans down close to my ear. "Is it the thing that guys are clueless about?" I nod and look at him quizzically. He smiles and rubs my back. "I have two sisters. Do you guys have a sister?"

"I do," Reece says. "She's my twin."

The guys converse about siblings and family, and I listen contently as Easton continues to rub my back.

Only later that night does my dream simmer up to the front of my thoughts. In four years, that could possibly be me. I'm going to fall in love in these upcoming weeks and who I choose will be the man that I marry. We are going to have kids and grow old together.

I slowly pet Belle and eventually fall asleep wishing to not only to continue the dream, but to live it out.

HOPEFULLY FROM HERE ON I WILL BE ABLE TO DO A DOUBLE UPDATE EACH WEEK. WHO DO YOU GUYS THINK THE DREAM WAS ABOUT? ANY OTHER THOUGHTS ABOUT THE BOOK SO FAR? 

HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY! - K