Week 6: Beach Vacation

I stroll down to the beach with a blanket in my arms. A fresh breeze was flowing to cool down the beach for the night. I missed the sunset, but I wanted to come enjoy the beach for a little while since I hadn't been yet. Personally, I enjoy the beach better when you won't burn your feet from the blazing sand.

I spread out my blanket, and sit down. I glance out at the ocean and watch the small waves' crash. I look up at the sky after a few minutes. A scene from the movie "I Still Believe" plays in my mind and tears come to my eyes.

God, You know all these stars by name. You know my name; You know me. You know that I needed this trip to get away from the pressure. You knew that I needed this moment to be in complete awe of You and Your creation. How awesome is Your presence. Thank You for being with me during this season in my life, and for promising to always be with me. You care about me more than I could dare to ask for, yet You give Yourself freely. Thank You.

I wipe the tears away with a smile.

"Addie?"

I turn toward Joseph's voice and laugh lightly. "Yeah, it's me." I scoot over so he can sit on my blanket.

He sits down next to me. "Everything okay?" He asks, and I nod.

"I was talking to God."

He is silent for a few moments. "Are you cold?" I shake my head. "Do you want me to leave?"

I wrap both my arms around his left arm and rest my head against him. "Does this answer your question?"

He chuckles, and I smile. "Will you go on a date with me?"

I turn to him as my heart beats faster. "Yes," I grin as we gaze into each other's eyes.

He turns away from me after a few moments. "I can't stay out here for long," he whispers. "I don't trust myself." I smile softly and unwrap myself from him. I rest my chin on my knees, and he looks over at me. "What?" He questions. "Why are you smiling?"

"I'm happy," I laugh softly. I gaze out at the ocean. "I'm here," I motion to the beach. "I reconnected to God, and you want to spend time with me in a way that we won't have the temptation to compromise."

"I probably should have asked, but none of you get seasick, right?" I ask as the boat begins to float away from land.

They shake their heads. Dallas glances over the side of the boat. "I want to jump."

"You can later, but not now," I tell him. He pouts, and I shake my head. "Dallas," I say warningly.

"Fine," he huffs and sits down.

"What are we having for brunch?" Bennett asks.

"Chicken and waffles, breakfast sliders, eggs, and fruit," I reply.

"So, why'd you want to have brunch on a boat?" Reece questions.

"It's supposed to be romantic plus it's different," I answer.

"It is different, but did you really think this would be romantic?" Bennett chuckles.

I swallow down the hurt, and laugh slightly. I know Bennett probably didn't think anything of it, but it hurt that he criticized my decision for us to hang out on a boat.

I tried to act normal, but I lost most of my appetite. I wave of relief washed over me when the shore was in eyesight. I was the first one off when the boat was safely secured to the dock.

"Where you off to so quickly?" Bennett questions.

I glance over my shoulder. "I'm going window shopping. You guys can go do something else." Each step I take in the opposite direction hurts my heart, but I ignore it. I feel a presence next to me, and I glance over. Reece. Tears spring to my eyes, and I try to hold myself together. Reece stops us and wraps his arms around me. He holds me tightly as I let my guard down and cry. I cling to Reece until the tears are almost gone. I pull back slightly and look at his shirt. "I'm sorry that I got your shirt wet."

He wipes the remaining tears away from my cheeks."Adelaide, I'm proud to wear your tears." I laugh slightly and more tears cometo my eyes. He holds my face softly and kisses my forehead. "Will you do me afavor?" He pauses and gazes into my eyes with the most heartfelt concern."Please, don't cry anymore over his stupid words. It hurts me that he hurt you,and if it makes you feel better, Joseph is probably grilling him right now." Mylips lift up into a smile. "See! All better. Now, where would you like towindow shop first? After you finish window shopping, we are going to where youwant to eat because I know that you barely ate anything while we were on theboat."