Week 1: Festival (part 1)

I collapse onto my bed completely exhausted from the day, but happy with how everything went today. The guys were really nice and so much fun to be around. I'm looking forward to the next nine weeks, apart from the stress that comes from choosing one of them. I skip my usual night routine and simply slide under the covers.

Hey, Jesus. Thank you for today. Help me be able to tell which guys are here for the right reasons and most importantly that each of them sees You through me. Bless Victoria and give her the strength for this season. Be with all the guys throughout this time too. Goodnight, Jesus.

The next morning I wake up too early, but am unable to go back to sleep. I sit up groggily and decide to take a shower. Once I shower, I change into a white t-shirt, leggings, and a grey cardigan. I grab my Bible and read a chapter in Jeremiah before going downstairs in search of food. I search the kitchen put don't find anything that sounds appetizing.

I unlock my phone to get breakfast delivered, but instead open a text from Bennett inviting me to breakfast.

I drive over to the guys' house and search for the kitchen. I follow the smell of food and find Bennett flipping pancakes perfectly while listening to music. I slide onto a chair at the island and make my presence known, "good morning."

He glances at me with a grin. "Good morning, Adelaide. Hungry?"

I nod and watch as he places pancakes expertly on a Charcuterie Board along with sliced strawberries, sliced bananas, raspberries, blueberries, a small bowl of chocolate chips, a small bowl of peanut butter, and a container filled with maple syrup.

I reach my arm across the table, careful to avoid the gorgeous plate of food. He reaches his arm to hold my hand and he raises an eyebrow. I smile, "You made food and I'm hungry. The least I can do is pray over the food before I stuff my face unattractively." He chuckles and bows his head. I bow my head too. "Good morning, Jesus. I want to thank you for this beautiful day and new opportunities. Bless this time that I have with Bennett this morning and bless the food to the nourishment of our bodies. Amen."

"Amen," he replies and squeezes my hand gently.

Heat flows to the top of my cheeks and I quickly pull my hand from his. I begin to fill my plate with Bennett's pancakes and fruit.

"Mornin'," Reed greets with a smile. "Did you make enough for the rest of us? They are slowly waking up."

Bennett nods. "I'm going to make more when I finish eating."

"Did you happen to make any coffee?"

Bennett wrinkles his nose in disgust. "No, coffee is gross."

I nod my head in agreement and continue to eat Bennett's delicious breakfast. The other guys slowly make their way in and get food. Soon the kitchen is filled with laughter and conversation.

When I'm laughing at another dad joke from Reece, Victoria ruins the fun by pulling me away from the kitchen. "What are you wearing?" She grits out with a fake smile on her face. She feels my hair and pulls back quickly. "Your hair is still wet?" Her eyes widen in horror. "Did you even try this morning?"

I cross my arms as my heart beats out of my chest. "No," I mutter.

"Adelaide, you are going to be on camera and possibly millions of people will see you this season. You need to try harder."

"Addie doesn't need to try harder. She needs to be exactly who she is with or without cameras." Zeke defends me with Oliver by his side. "This TV show is supposed to be different, to have someone real as the center."

"Addie is perfect the way she is," Oliver adds. "Don't try to change her."

The rest of the guys, who had walked in to see what was going on, nodded in agreement.

Victoria crosses her arms. "I see," she begins slowly and turns to be. "I will take a step back and try to only supervise and interview you before you send anyone home." She glances at the ground. "If you need me, I'm a phone call away. There is a festival a few towns over if you all wanted something to do." She turns away, but I quickly follow her.

"Wait, Victoria. What you said hurt me, but that's because I'm not used to any of this. This is a big adjustment for me, but I'm thankful that it is so I can grow and get out of my comfort zone. I want your help so that I can do my best and to help me adjust as quickly as possible."

She nods and we walk out of the house together.

Within an hour, I am ready for the day. She let me choose my outfit and approved or encouraged me to try again. She straightened my hair and did a natural look for my makeup, too. While she did that she made me choose seven guys to go to the festival with.

She spritzes my face with setting spray and I flinch. She chuckles and begins to put away the makeup items. "A car is waiting for you downstairs. Go have fun," she smiles gently.

"Okay, thanks for everything." I hurry downstairs and out the door. The driver opens the door for me and I climb in while four pairs of eyes watch me. "Hello," I greet as I buckle my seatbelt.

Wyatt sits next to me while Oliver and John sit in the seats behind us. The camera man is in the front passenger seat. Gavin, Nolan, Darren, and Dallas are in the car following us to the festival. Wyatt grins at me and says, "I hope you like riding with us."

"We will be calmer than the other car," John speaks up and Oliver nods. I glance behind me and he turns to me from looking out the window.

"You don't have a book?" I question.

He shakes his head. "Festivals are entertaining and I predicted the car ride would be too."

I smile and turn to John. "How are you adjusting to this?"

He scratches the back of his head. "This is out of my comfort zone, but I'm adjusting as best as I can."

I nod and turn to Wyatt. His bright eyes sparkle as the sun hits them and my heartbeat accelerates. I laugh slightly, "I was going to say something, but I forgot."

He grins. "That's okay. Do you like going to festivals?"

I nod with a smile. "I have to agree with Oliver; festivals are entertaining, especially if you people watch."

The car ride is continued with quiet conversation and we arrive at the festival in no time. Before we exit the car, we wait for the car behind us to park beside us. The speakers were so loud that we could hear it from in our car. Wyatt and I glance at each other and burst into laughter. We all get out and Wyatt appears by my side. "Can I get to spend with time with you first?" He leans down and whispers in my ear. I nod and he puts his arms around my shoulders. The other guys look sad as they glance at us.

"Please, don't look like that," I begin addressing the group. "This is a group date and we will spend time together as a group, but this is also an opportunity for one-on-one time with me. Any of you may come interrupt whoever I'm with to have your turn, but please be respectful." They nod and I smile at them. "If you all don't mind, will one of you pray over tonight?"

"I will," Darren starts and I nod with a smile. I bow my head along with the others. "Heavenly Father, we thank you for letting us be here to spend this time with Addie and to grow closer to You. I ask that You put a hedge of protection and safety around each one of us. Bless this time that we have together. Again, I thank You for this time we have tonight. Amen."

"Amen," the group repeats and we go in separate ways.