Week 5: Zeke's POV

"Hey, Zeke, I'm leaving, but I will be back in a few hours." Darren says as he struts into my room. "Will you cover for me?"

"No," I say and continue writing a letter to one of the kids at the hospital. I know this is not going to go over well, so why bother acknowledging him.

"Yes, you are. No one can find out."

"No, I am not. Everyone knows that something is going on with you, and they know that I'm in on it. We are going home next elimination, and I refuse to be your evil sidekick anymore." This time I look him in the eye just to be sure that I am taken seriously. I'm tired of covering for him while he goes out and has fun with his girlfriend. Addie doesn't deserve him or me.

"We'll see," Darren replies.

"Get out of my room."

"She would've never picked you," he says before exiting my room and slamming the door shut.

I try to ignore his last comment, but it seems to be on repeat as I finish the letter. A part of me wants to go apologize to Addie for hiding Darren's unfaithfulness, but at the same time, I don't want it to seem like I'm the good guy who should stay here.

I stare at the letter in front of me. Maybe, I don't need a girlfriend right now. Maybe, I'm meant to do something else. What if I was meant to find out that I'm really good with kids? What if I was meant to have a career that is related to children?

I grab the letter and exit my room. Bennett asks where I'm going, and I tell him that I'm delivering a letter. The drive over to the hospital is fairly quick, and I ask for the nurse that I shadowed yesterday.

"Zeke, what are you doing here?" She questions as she walks up to me.

I hand her the letter. "That's for Keagan."

She nods. "Anything else?"

"Am I really good with kids?" I question and she nods with a smile.

"Yes, you are a natural."

I nod. "Thanks." She is about to walk away, but I stop her. "I'm sorry. Is there any way that I can shadow you again?"

"Yes, you can," she says slowly and stares at me. "Are you okay?"

I feel bad for ranting to her about my problems and it is a long story to explain everything. "I'm just trying to figure out my purpose in life," I shrug.

She continues to stare at me. "If you want to talk about it over lunch, we can, but right now we have to get going."

I smile and follow her to our first patient. I'm grateful for the distraction. Kids make me happy; they are so full of life even though they are in a hospital.

I rummage through the refrigerator for something to eat. I got back to the house from the hospital a few minutes ago, and I am hungry. I stayed longer to talk to Josie, the nurse I shadowed. She reminds me have a more open version of my mom.

"I saved you some leftovers' from dinner. It's in the microwave," Bennett says.

"Oh, thanks." I say and shut the door.

"Addie came by earlier," Joseph says.

I glance behind me, and all of the guys, except for Darren, are in the kitchen. "I know. I overheard you guys talking to her."

"Did you not want to talk to her?" Reece questions.

I sit down at the island, and sigh. "Listen, I get it. You don't want to see Adelaide get hurt by Darren or myself. Truth is we are going to get eliminated so you guys have nothing to worry about. Our whereabouts do not matter at this point. Is it what Darren is doing wrong? Yes. Was covering for him wrong? Yes."

"So, you're giving up?" Bennett asks.

I shake my head. "I'm just getting started, but it has nothing to do with Adelaide or this show. I'm thankful that I have made it this far, but it's time for me to start working on what I'm passionate about. I don't need a girlfriend right now."

"You know if you told her what you just told us, she would understand," Reece says and the guys nod.

"I don't want to make it seem like I'm the good guy." I take a bite of my food. "So, what are you guys planning to do for the elimination?"

"What do you mean?" Joseph inquires.

"We always do something for her on Elimination day."

"We should do something really big," Dallas begins. "Like a mini-vacation or something so she can relax."

"That's a good idea. She has been really stressed," Joseph adds.

"Do a beach vacation," I suggest.

"Yes," Dallas says as his face lights up andpulls out his phone from his pocket. "I'm on it."