Week 2: Laser Tag

I rush downstairs when the doorbell rings. I take a breath before opening the door. "Hey Rowan," I smile.

His jaw drops upon seeing me, and it takes him a few moments to pull himself together. "You are too pretty for a guy like me who hides behind a camera or a sketch book all the time."

"That's not true," I immediately respond.

"But it is!" He exclaims. He gestures to his camera. "I don't know how to date. All I could think of for the date is a photo-shoot which you probably wouldn't enjoy." He kicks at the ground. "Or paint together."

"Rowan," I start, but he doesn't let me finish.

"I can't," he whispers and runs off.

I stand in my place from shock. After a few moments, it sinks in that he left me and our date will probably not happen. I slowly close my door and lean against it. Belle rubs against my ankle, and I pick her up. "At least you want me," I mutter and pet her head. I pull my phone out of my back pocket to call Victoria.

"Hello?" She answers cautiously.

"There won't be a date with Rowan. He literally ran away. I need to talk to him, but I'm going to give us both time to think about what happened. What am I supposed to do now?"

"Do you know who you are eliminating tomorrow?" She questions.

"No," I sigh pathetically.

"Not even one? You only have to eliminate four."

"Well, Tucker and Rowan are possibilities."

She hums. "Would you like some help?"

"What do you mean?" I question.

"There are several who have a common interest or are similar to another. For example, Easton and Kade both play basketball. You could choose between pairs." She pauses. "As for today, it's up to you. I would say the guys are curious as to what's going on. You could simply take a day for yourself, pick someone else to go on a date, or have another group date."

"Okay, thanks, Victoria."

"No worries, Adelaide. I'm here for advice and to listen. If you need anything else or want to talk things through, call me back."

"I will. Bye," I end the call and sigh. I don't want to go on a date with a different guy because that doesn't seem like the right thing to do. There are still several guys I need to get to know, especially with the elimination being tomorrow.

Bennett, Easton, Cooper, Gabriel, Noah, and Kade come out to the car and find a spot to sit. I have the sunroof open and the windows down. I had texted them about a half an hour ago and told them that we were going to go play laser tag for our group date. I changed into a NYPD t-shirt, blue jean shorts, and white high top sneakers. I also got Reece to come get Belle before I had left my house.

"Do you always drive on the group dates?" Noah questions from the passenger seat.

"Nope, this is my first time driving for any of the dates."

Noah holds his hand out to me and I take it. What is he doing? He doesn't seem like a guy who is this straightforward. "Is it okay if I pray over our group date?"

"Yeah," I smile and bow my head.

"Heavenly Father, I ask that you would bless this time we have together. Keep us safe and protected while we are out, especially with Adelaide driving. Amen."