Week 6: Elimination

"I just want to thank all of you for being so kind to my grandparents. They enjoyed meeting all of you. This week has been pretty eventful, and there are only a few weeks left. I appreciate all of you, and I've enjoyed the time that I have had with each of you over the last five weeks." I pause. "Darren and Zeke, you two will be going home."

Zeke nods, and stands up from his seat. However, Darren's jaw drops. "Why?"

"I don't need romance and perfectness; I need love."

He shakes his head and storms out. Zeke walks up to me hesitantly. "Can I give you a goodbye hug?" I nod. "I'm sorry," he whispers as he hugs me, but quickly let's goes. He leaves, and I am left feeling slightly off-kilter.

I accept the rose that Victoria offers me. "Joseph, will you accept this rose?"

His jaw drops in shock and I smile. He stands up and comes over to me. "What's this one for?" He whispers.

"It's for opening up to me, coming to my grandparents', and my grandmother would be mad if you didn't get it."

He grins as I pin the rose on his shirt. He gives me a hug before going back to his seat once I have pinned the rose.

"Well, we have a surprise for you," Bennett says while the others nod.

"Adelaide, you have been given a free mini-vacation to one of the best beaches in America. Your trip is good for three nights and three days. Congratulations, it is time to relax in less than twenty-four hours." Reece says in an announcer's voice.

I sit there in shock for a second as a million thoughts cross my mind. Then, I laugh. "I'm not going by myself."

The guys try to protest and argue that I should go for a few moments.

I shake my head. "You guys are coming with me."

"Hello again, Adelaide. How are you since the last time we talked?" Lydia, the same interviewer from three weeks ago, greets.

"Hello, Lydia. I'm good, how are you?" I reply.

"I'm good. Similar to last time, I have a few questions for you." She says, and I nod. "When you left for your family emergency, was that a ploy to leave The Christian Bachelorette?"

"No, not at all."

"Have you ever thought about leaving?" She further questions.

"In the beginning, but I was overwhelmed. I would have never carried those thoughts out," I explain.

She nods. "Do you have any favorites?"

"That should be obvious: the ones that are left."

She gives a fake laugh. "Of course. How would you feel about doing an interview with the men who were sent home?"

"I am curious to know how they are doing and what they are doing, so I would feel fine with having an interview with them."

"Thank you for time. When I see you next, you will have it down to only two men.

Reece sits down next to me after putting our carryon's in the overhead compartment. "Have you ever flown before?" I question.

He nods. "My family flies every summer to wherever we are going for vacation. Have you?"

I shake my head. "I'm excited to though."

He smiles. "Joseph hasn't either. He's a nervous wreck, but he's sitting with Dallas and Bennett. They are consoling him."

I turn around to see how they are doing, and Joseph gives me a reassuring smile while Dallas waves, but I don't see Bennett. I turn back around, and sit the correct way in my seat.

"What do your grandparents think about this?" He questions.

"Two-Mama is excited for me, but also nervous. Poppa used to be a pilot in the military in his younger days, so of course he is excited."

He nods. "When we went fishing, he told me. We talked more than we fished," Reece chuckles.

I smile. "What all did you two talk about?"

"Flight 82 to Hawaii will take off shortly. Please, put your seatbelts on and watch the safety video on the screen in front of you," one of the flight attendants announces.

Once the video finishes, anxiety mixed with adrenaline kicks in. My left leg starts bouncing and I clench my hands into fists. Reece takes a hold of my right hand. "Addie, it's okay. The worst part is taking off and landing." He leans over and pulls the window cover up. "Once we get up in the air, it will be smooth sailing. I'm right here." He reassures me, and I relax my hands. He intertwines our fingers, and squeezes gently.

I smile appreciatively right as the plane starts moving. I turn my head to look out the window. I was grinning as we began to take flight, but I held on to Reece for dear life. Once we are in the air, I turn to Reece. "I love it."

He grins. "I wonder what Joseph thinks," he states.

I shrug.

Reece and I talked and watched two movies during the five hour flight to Hawaii. After landing at the airport and grabbing our carry-on bags, we headed inside the airport. As we wait for our luggage to appear, I turn to Joseph. "What do you think about flying?"

He shakes his head. "I could kiss the ground right now. I'm going to have to take Magnesium or something to calm me down before I have to get back on any plane."

I try to hold in laughter. "Don't worry, we will get you something."

I HOPE YOU ARE ENJOYING THE STORY SO FAR. I AM REALLY BUSY WITH COLLEGE AND LIFE RIGHT NOW SO I WILL ONLY BE UPDATING ONE CHAPTER EVERY FRIDAY FOR THE MONTH OF APRIL. THANK YOU FOR READING.

WHAT DO YOU THINK OF THEM GIVING ADDIE A MINI VACATION? WHAT ABOUT HER MAKING THEM COME WITH HER?

DO YOU LIKE THE INTERVIEWS?

HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY, K