Week 5: Elimination

I sit down with the guys in the living room. "As you probably guessed, Easton left yesterday and will be officially eliminated today. The second person I will be eliminating is Oliver. Can I walk you out?"

He nods, and I discreetly grab something before we walk out of the house together. "I want you to have this," I states and hand him the book once we are on the porch outside.

"You got me a Bible?" He questions.

I nods and wipe a few tears away. "Oliver, you are so smart, but you have so much more to learn," I say as he takes the Bible from my hands. "I don't want you to leave here thinking that this world is all there is. There is much to look forward to, and it's all in here." I point to the Bible. "This book is so much more than a book, Oliver. Christianity is more than this book; Christianity is knowing Jesus on a personal level."

"And having faith?"

"And having faith," I smile. "I have to go back in, but if you ever need anything, I'm a phone call away." He nods, and I hug him before going back inside.

Victoria hands me two roses as I enter the living room and I thank her. "I'm giving two roses away tonight. The first one goes to Dallas," I grin. He is surprised, but happy too. He hugs me after I pin the rose on him. "Thank you for being real with me and for a wonderful date."

"I'm excited to do it again," he says before going to sit back down.

"Now, the second and last rose is for Joseph," I smile.

He doesn't move for a few moments. "Me?" I nod, and he gets up. He slowly moves toward me. "Why did you pick me?" He whispers as I pin it on him.

"Is it that hard to think that I might like you?" I glance up at him through my eyelashes.

"Can we talk more about this when we aren't surrounded by all the other guys?"

I nod, and he goes back to his seat. I sit back down too. "There are two things I want to do with all of you this week. I would like for us to go visit my grandparents. Is that okay with you guys?" They nod. "I also want us to visit a children's hospital dressed like superheroes or anything that kids like."

"As long as tights are not required, I'm totally fine with that." Darren says nervously.

"What he said," Joseph agrees.

I laugh at their reactions. Dallas is cringing like he has had a bad experience in the past. Reece looks mortified at just the thought of them. "Is there anything you guys want to do today?"

"Isn't there a place close that has mini-golfing, go carts, and other stuff?" Reece says.

"Yes! It's close to the trampoline park." Zeke adds.

"There are some good restaurants close to there too," Bennett comments.

We decide to change into more causal and appropriate for go-carting specifically before we leave. I was wearing a comfortable knee-length dress and changed into a nice t-shirt, jeans, and sandals. I brought a burgundy-purple cardigan with me because it would get cooler after the sun went down. All the guys were down by the car and getting in when I began to walk toward them. Darren was in the driver's seat and I was fine with that. Zeke was in the passenger's seat. Dallas, Reece, and Bennett were behind Joseph and me.

"You left your hair down," Reece comments as Darren begins to drive.

"Yeah," I glance back at him.

"It's going to be in your face when we get on the go-carts. Do you want me to braid it?"

"You can braid?" I question.

"Twin sister, remember? Do you have a hair bow?"

I smile and turn around while pulling the hair tie off my wrist. I hand it to him, and he takes it before beginning to braid my hair. When he finishes, he takes a picture of it so I can see what it looks like.

"You are better at doing my hair than I am," I smile.

"Perfect timing," Darren says. "What do you guys want to do first?"

"Why don't we do mini-golfing first because we will do go-carting the most?"

Reece and Zeke dueled while the rest of us took our turn. Darren and Joseph were competing with each other. Dallas was performing whatever song was playing through the sound system which entertained me. Joseph ended up winning and the rest of us were pretty bad to say the least. The workers seemed glad when we left. Zeke and Reece took off sprinting to the go-carts. Darren and Joseph strolled in their direction. Dallas and I followed behind them, and Dallas put his arm around my shoulders.

"I like this pairing," Dallas comments close to my ear. I smile softly, and I lean against him for a few moments.

The rest of the guys notice once we are all together again. They converse with us as we wait for our turn to get on the go-carts, but I can tell most of them aren't too happy that Dallas has his arm around me.

Soon, we each get on our own go-cart and buckle up. One of the workers come by to make sure I'm buckled in correctly and everything. "Don't move the wheel too sharply or you'll spin out. Try to stay on the inside." The male worker smiles before moving on to the next go-cart.

I grin and feel the adrenaline pumping through me. The workers finish checking the go-carts and I floor it when we are allowed to go. I immediately go to the inside of the track and relish the wind blowing around me. On the turns I slow down and try to not cut the wheel sharply. I pass several people, and on the last lap there are only two people in front of me. I pass one on a curve, and floor it to the finish line, but have to slow down so I don't crash and to stop. The worker high fives me when all the carts are stopped and we are allowed to get out.

The guys are shocked jokingly accuse the worker of helping me cheat.

"Rematch?" Reece questions and I shake my head.

"I want ice cream, but you guys can go again."

"Ice cream sounds good," Joseph agrees with me.

"Leave room for real food," Bennett says.

"Can I have the keys, Darren? I want to get my cardigan out of the car."

"Yeah, but don't leave us here." Darren says and hands me the keys.

Iroll my eyes jokingly. "Do you guys want to go to the arcade next?" Their eyeslight up and I smile. "We will meet you guys there in a little bit."