Week 8: Final elimination

I sip on my coffee and gaze into the bright colorful sunrise overlooking the lake. Today is the day that I choose between two wonderful men. God has given me the answer, but I wanted to come and watch the sunrise so my mind would be clear and focused.

I open my Bible and flip open to Psalms.

The Mighty One, God, the Lord, speaks and summons the earth from the rising of the sun to where it sets. From Zion, perfect in beauty, God shines forth. (Psalm 50:1-2)

My eyes water from God's presence. I gaze into the suns beginning rays and silently thank God for speaking to me through His word. I smile and begin reading again.

Listen, my people, and I will speak. Call on me in the day of trouble; I will deliver you, and you will honor me. (Psalm 50:7,15)

Lord, thank You for this Psalm. I have called on Your name, and You have answered me. I believe that You will deliver me, and I will honor You. I want to always keep You first no matter what happens in my life. Thank You for giving me a peace for my future and for today.

I admire myself in the mirror: natural makeup, softly curled hair, golden skin covered in an emerald formal dress, and nude heels covering my feet. I smile and tuck a curl behind my left ear. I take a deep breath, and head out to the car waiting for me. Once in the car, the ride is smooth and short. I am not nervous as I walk over to the entrance of the park while one man waits for me.

"Hi," I smile gently.

He smiles sadly. "Hi, you look great."

"So, do you."

He shrugs, "Too fancy for a trip to go home alone."

I open my mouth to apologize, to try to make things easier, but he shakes his head. "It's okay."

I wrap my arms around him for the last time. "Thank you, Dallas."

He wraps his arms around me and rubs my back for a few moments before pushing me away softly. "Go," he smiles softly. "Reece is a nervous wreck."

I take one last long look at Dallas before turning around and getting in the car. The next destination is at a local airport. I step out of the car and head over to the pilot next to the plane.

"Is everything ready?" I question.

The pilot nods, "Just waiting on the other passenger."

I smile and my nerves kick in. He's coming, don't think otherwise, Addie. He will be here any minute.

"Did you want me gone bad enough that you got me a personal plane to send me away?"

I spin around to find Reece standing there with his luggage. I step toward him and say, "Only if you'll let me come with you."

His face is covered in shock, but it is short lived because his grin makes all the difference. He lets go of his luggage and sweeps me off my feet in a hug. I giggle as he spins us around. He puts me back on the ground and glances at the plane. "Are we going to my house now?"

"Well, I thought we could go on a plane ride for a while and eat dinner today. We will have a few days to do whatever we want. We'll finish the show this week, and then we can go to your house next week."

He grins. "Perfect. I want you to myself for a little while." He wraps his arm around me again.

"We also have to have a lot of pictures taken of us."

"Well, this is a pretty special moment, and the best part of the show," he grins. He begins to lean in, but then he takes a step back. "Wait. Where's Belle?"

"With my grandparents," I reassure him.

He takes a breath. "Okay, good."

"Reece, I need you happy for the pictures not freaking out," Victoria calls out.

I burst out laughing while he pouts which makes me laugh harder. "It's not funny that Belle has a sweet spot in my heart." Once I calmed down and Reece was smiling again, the pictures resumed. "How come you chose the airport?" He asks with his arm around me. I turn my head to look at him with a smile. "Not that I don't like it because I do. There just seems to be more significance other than going for a plane ride."

"You were with me when I rode a plane for the first time, and the trip really strengthened our connection with each other. Planes are a special place for us," I grin. He grins too and hugs me tightly.

"Addie! You still have to give him the last rose," Victoria exclaims and rushes up to us.

I take the rose from her hand and turn back to Reece. "Reece, will you accept this rose?"

"Yes," he breathes out. I pin the rose to his suit jacket pocket and glance up at him. Our eyes lock, and I hold my breath. He glances down and leans in closer to me. He presses his lips against my forehead. "This is only the beginning."

REECE WON! THOUGHTS ON THAT??

FIVE MORE CHAPTERS UNTIL THE BOOK IS FINISHED! DON'T BE SAD OR UPSET THOUGH BECAUSE... THERE WILL BE A SECOND BOOK! 

I HAVEN'T DECIDED ON A TITLE YET, BUT I HAVE SOME IDEAS. WOULD YOU ALL WANT TO VOTE ON A TITLE??

THERE WILL ONLY BE ONE CHAPTER NEXT WEEK.

I HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY!

LOVE, K