Week 8: Interview (part 2)

"Hold on a minute. Lydia makes it seem like it's something we should know." Joseph points out.

"Yeah, spill the beans!" Jacob explains excitedly, almost bouncing in his seat.

Noah shakes his head.

"I'm sorry. Maybe I shouldn't have said anything," Lydia begins. "I just thought everyone should know why you volunteered to leave. No one does that you know; you are the first."

I look at Noah, he holds my gaze. "Throughout the entire time, I broke my own heart at every elimination, but one (apart from when multiple guys came and told me that they didn't want to be there). You broke my heart. A preacher broke my heart. I thought you were the safest one to take care of my heart, emotions, and feelings."

"Nothing could happen between us," he says and runs a hand down his face.

"Why?" Lydia and I ask at the same time.

He glances at Joseph. "My best friend loved you." He pauses. "So, I left."

Joseph leans back in his seat. Reece is tense beside me.

"Well, I think all the fans' minds are at ease about the first season. Is there anything anyone wants to say before we officially end The Christian Bachelorette Season 1?"

Silence is her answer. She nods to us that we can leave. We stand up to leave and the audience burst in to applause.

Reece opens my door, but I do not get in. I turn to him. "Are you okay?"

He doesn't look at me. "If you could go back,-."

I shake my head. "I would make the exact same choices."

His eyes lock with mine, and I hold his gaze for a few moments. I wrap my arms around his neck and hold him tightly. "Please don't doubt how I feel for you. I chose you. You are here with me. We are in a growing relationship. I really like you, Reece."

He squeezes me gently. "Thank you," he whispers. "I really like you too, Addie." We hold each other for a few more moments. "Do you still want to meet my family?"

I smile at him. "Of course, I do. First, we are meeting my grandparents for dinner though."

"How do you think they are going to react to us dating now?"

"Hmm." I pretend to think and lean in closer to him. "Something like welcome to the family."

He grins and leans down capturing my lips. A few moments later, we lean away slightly. "Your grandparents probably don't want to see this, so we should probably get it out of our systems," Reece whispers.

"If we are trying to get it out of our systems, you should probably and cancel our dinner plans with them.

Reece leans his head back and bursts into laughter. He gives me one more simple peck after he calms down and shuts my door once I'm safely inside the vehicle.

"Welcome to the family," Poppa says and claps Reece on the back when we greet each other before entering into the restaurant.

Reece glances at me, and I give him a knowing look.

We turn to Two-Mama when she begins to speak. "You know you weren't my favorite right?" Reece nods. "Well, it's a good thing really. Do you know why?" Reece shakes his head, and she smiles. "Favorites never win."

We all smile, and Reece wraps his arm around me as we enter into the restaurant.

We are led to a table to enjoy our meal at. We sit down and tell the waitress what we would like to eat. After she brings us our drinks, we order our meals.

"So, what are your plans?" Two-Mama questions us.

"We are going to visit my parents for a couple weeks. I'll go back to work," Reece answers.

"I'll have to come back here to take my last few tests before I'm officially a nurse," I reply. "We haven't made any decisions past that."

My grandparents nod. "You all will have plenty of time to decide," Poppa says.

"How did the interview go? That was the last thing you both had to do right?" Two-Mama asks.

I glance at Reece, and he glances at me. "It was..." I trail off.

"Very scripted and dramatic," Reece finishes. I nod in agreement.

"Did you have to see any of the other guys?" She inquires, and we nod. She shakes her head with a frustrated sigh. "I don't think that is right. The show is over. It should be over with each man the moment you send them home." She pauses. "I don't like that they feel like they have to add all that drama in there either. I don't know about you two, but I'm glad it's over and that Addie chose the right man for her. Honestly, I wouldn't have been upset if she chose no one, but you were the right choice."

HELLO EVERYONE! 

I GAVE SOME SNEAK PEAK INFORMATION THAT WILL BE IN BOOK 2 IN THIS CHAPTER.

THOUGHTS ON THE INTERVIEW?

THOUGHTS ON DINNER WITH HER GRANDPARENTS?

PREDICTIONS FOR WHEN SHE MEETS REECE'S FAMILY FOR THE FIRST TIME (NEXT CHAPTER)?

TWO MORE CHAPTERS LEFT!

HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY!

LOVE, K