Runo, Meet Celeste

"Welcome back dear! Please, make yourself at home, Dan should be home soon from his date!" Dan's mother called from the kitchen.

"Thank you Mrs. Kuso. And don't worry about making me anything to eat, I'm not exactly in the state of mind right now." I plopped on the couch, Shun next to me. I didn't know Dan got back together with Runo. Well whatever makes him happy I suppose. Besides, Shun and I have decided to make it official, so I couldn't be more happier.

"Sweetheart, you must eat something. You're looking awfully skinny. I insist on making you something to eat. How about a nice chicken dinner?" She was right. I hadn't eaten in a month, and living off of the drugs wasn't enough. And I didn't have the time to eat since I got back.

"Oh alright. I guess it wouldn't hurt." Shun kissed the top of my head.

"I'm glad you changed your mind. I was afraid you'd say no." Are you kidding? I can't possibly turn down a meal! All of a sudden, the door opened and Dan came in laughing with Runo.

"Oh man, the look on your face when that one girl died first! Priceless! Hey mom, what's for-" he stopped dead in his tracks when he saw me.

"Oh Jesus Christ on a stick."

"Hello Dan." I hid the jealousy in my voice.

"Dan, who's this blue eyed girl?" Runo crunched her nose, staring at me with envy.

"Runo, meet Celeste. Celeste, this is Runo, my girlfriend." I held my hand out.

"It's a pleasure to meet you Runo. I have heard so much about you." I smiled big.

"Let's just get right to the point: do you love him?" She blurted out.

"That's kinda straightforward don't you think?"

"I wouldn't call it straightforward. Anyways, answer my question. Do you love Dan or not?"

"I didn't know Dan was dating an airhead."

"I AM NOT AN AIRHEAD!!!" She yelled.

"Take it easy Runo. She's my girlfriend, so why would she love Dan? She has me." Shun calmed her down.

"Nice job calling her an airhead. Sometimes, I don't know what's in that big head of hers, a brain or light air." Dan rolled over laughing.

"Why don't we change the subject, hm? Celeste, tell us what all happened after your defeat to Mag Mel." Marucho teeted.

"Well, I woke up in a cage with a crowd of guards watching me, begging for me to dance for them. Then, a really strange dude came along, telling me that he's my master, and if I don't obey his rules, I'll be punished. They tortured me and injected me with drugs that kept me sedated for a couple hours. Sometimes, I can still feel it in my veins. They left me in a cold cell all hours of the day, with no food or water, and whenever I cried for help, they either shocked me, gagged me, or dunked my head in ice cold water for prolonged periods of time. The other day, I woke up in a field, where my master-oh, I mean that strange guy  wanted to play a game of chase. That's when I carved a weapon using just a rock and coldly killed the guard chasing me."

"So that's explains the weapon I found in my room that night." Shun pulled out the weapon from his pocket.

"Oh, I see you found it. Sorry, I spied on you the night you saw it, and I didn't have time to go back and grab it." I blushed. I hope he didn't see the engraving on it.

"Oh my God, that's awful. I can only imagine what you went through." Marucho shook his head.

"Anyways, I grabbed my clothes, cut my hair, and had to see what I missed the whole time i was gone. I heard about your victory Dan. Thanks for ending his reign."

"He was proven difficult, but when Drago evolved, that's when we put an end to the battle." What? He evolved?

"That's right. Now that I'm evolved, I feel stronger than ever. I'm probably even more powerful than Ceberus." Drago nodded.

"Speaking of, where is the three headed dog?" Dan asked in curiosity.

"That's the thing, I don't know. But I met this strange bakugan at the park yesterday, and she agreed to be my partner until Ceberus gets found. Guys, meet Darkus Ziselaer." My new partner perched herself on my shoulder, greeting everyone.

"Oh wow. I must say, she's quite the beauty. May we see her in her true form?" Marucho took a look at her features.

"I would love to show all of you my form, but I cannot do so unless I'm battling an opponent. That's just how it is with me, my power must regenerate after each battle."

"Who the hell cares about her stupid bakugan? If you ask me, that's a pretty lame excuse to not battle." Okay that's it! I slapped her right across her face. Everyone else gasped.

"That's enough Runo. You're all talk, but you're no bite."

"I can be both if I choose to, but I'm not gonna because you're Shun's girl!"

"I dare you to be both! Challenge me then!" I can't stand her attitude!

"That's enough girls. Time for dinner." Dan's mother called from the kitchen, ending my fued with Runo for now. It was now an awkward silence as we ate, Runo chomping on her food in anger.

"So Celeste, I heard about your parents. I'm so sorry they died." Dan's father broke the silence, Dan signaling him not to go that route.

"You know Mr. Kuso, I would love if we don't discuss those drug addicts for parents." I stood up from the table, excusing myself to the bathroom. It doesn't matter that they're dead. Someone has to take over the Mafia in their place, and as far as I know, I'm the one my uncle is searching for. I want to fight and defend myself, lead the brave men and women of the gang, and do everything in my power to make sure it goes my way.

"Ah, Celeste. Just the girl I wanted to hear from. So, have you given any thought to what I told you?"

"All I got to say is.... Count me in Don." I hung up.