Just Another Vision

"I'm telling you, there has to be a logical explanation for the vision you had yesterday. We just gotta connect the dots. Tell me about the vision you've experienced." I strutted with Marucho in the halls of his mansion. Somehow, I knew he was a rich little guy. He was determined to figure out my vision.

"Well, it started when I told Dan and Shun were acting like kids. I saw a little girl, who looked like the child version of me, and her parents were fighting over money. She ran up to her room crying when her mother called her a mistake, and there was a dragon stuffed animal bigger than her, and it ended with her running away, her name being called....." Shun tilted his head.

"I knew a little girl like that growing up. She used to always come over to my house and hide from her parents, and at the same time I turned 13, she stopped coming around. Rumor has it that she died." Could Shun have something to do with it?

"That's not the only thing.. Her name was the same as mine." That's when he perked up.

"You can't be the same girl, can you? But it could explain why you flinched when I grabbed you the other day."

"I don't know....... But-" Everything I remembered went away again! Why would my father take it away from me?!

"But what? Are you okay?" Marucho asked.

"The memory of that vision.... It's gone! It's like it didn't even happen......"

"Do you think someone's behind this?" Yeah someone is Dan....... It's my father.....

"That's so weird. Anyway, you guys wanna get a bite to eat? I'm starving!" Dan stood from the chair he was leaning backwards on, and stretched.

"Dan, didn't you just eat just ten minutes ago?" I shook my head. He was eating a BLT right now!

"Yeah, so?" He muffled, food in his mouth.

"That's besides the point. You down or not?" Dan swallowed.

"I'm good for now. I think I'm gonna find a quiet spot and be alone with my thoughts. See you guys later." I said my goodbyes as I walked away to the only place nobody could find me; a cave behind the waterfall in the forest.

"What's on your mind?" Ceberus sat on my boot.

"I have a feeling not everything's as it's cracked up to be. I get a vision of a little girl, and all of a sudden, it's gone..... I need to get some answers, one way or another. Ceb, that little girl in my vision might have something to do with my close connection to Shun and the reason why Mag Mel won't tell me who my mother is." I thought back to the tears streaming down the girl's face and shed some tears myself. Every inch of me flinched and jerked as if I've been abused.

"Isn't Marucho looking into it?" He was right. I had trusted the little dude to look everywhere for clues, evidence, something that'll help me recover whatever memory I lost. I knew the truth. Mag Mel kidnapped me a year ago and wiped my memory clean, and convinced me I was his spawn.

"Yeah, but I'm afraid he's gonna find out who I am. Yes, I came from an abusive family, but who really kept me alive. For all I know, Mag Mel can brainwash me any time he wants and turn me against the only friends I've made since I got here. That's the only thing keeping me here."

"I'm sure once it's time to tell them, they won't be angry with you. And if Mag Mel kills you, it won't be in vain." I forget he controls me, but he hasn't done anything yet. Suddenly, a memory started playing in my head.

"Please Shun! Let me stay here for the night!"

"Sorry Celeste. My mom's very sick, and I don't have time to care for her and keep you safe."

"But Shun! You promised you'll always protect me! My daddy's gonna beat me senseless!"

"Sorry Celeste....... You're on your own from now on..... Goodbye..." The door shut on her and a rough hand grabbed her, dragging her already beat up body back inside the place she used to call home and slammed her against the wall. The girl had ran away for the fourth time that day, and she couldn't wait to get older and file a restraining order against her parents.

"I'm sorry daddy!! Please don't hit me again! I won't run away anymore!!" He slapped her til her cheeks felt numb, threw her in her bedroom, and locked her in. The little girl cried as she hid under her bed.

"I-i-its n-n-not f-f-fair........" She hyperventilated. She was used to it. The abuse, the cops being called, everything. Why cant I breath....? She thought to herself.

"Celeste!!!!!" I heard a familiar voice. Everything was pitch black, my lungs were filling up with water. Did I fall into the water in the middle of my vision? Dan? Shun? Marucho? I felt two arms grab me and pull me out of the water.

"Celeste wake up!" I coughed violently, water coming out.

"Celeste, are you okay? What happened?" Shun held me close to him. He was so warm.....

"Achoo!!!" I sneezed and shivered. I'm so cold... Shun placed his hand on my forehead.

"We have to get her to a warm dry place. And possibly a doctor." He picked me up and wrapped my arms around his neck.

"How did you know where I was.....? You know I needed to be alone..." I shriveled up.

"I sensed you were in danger, so I came to your aid. Dan and Marucho just followed me." His ears turned red.

"Bullshit Shun. You were stalking her. We tried to stop you, but as always, you didn't listen." Dan rolled his eyes, walking next to Shun.

"What kind of vision plaqued you this time?" Marucho caught up to us.

"It was just another vision......." I nuzzled into Shun's chest and fell asleep that way.