One of My Hidden Talents

"I cannot believe he kissed you like that. How do you feel? Ceberus asked. Celeste had been standing in front of the door for twenty minutes, trying to figure out what just happened.

"I don't know how to feel Ceb. I'm in love with Dan, but I think I'm in love with Shun too. In the end, I'll have to choose who I want to be with."

"If you want my opinion, I think you should pick Shun. He may be an asshole, but at least he cares enough to spill his best friend's secret."

"Maybe.... Meanwhile, I need a hobby that'll help me clear my head..."

"What about playing a musical instrument? There's a music shop right down the road, and it offers late night lessons." Ceberus suggested.

*Shun's pov*

Damnit!!! I left the motel room feeling like I betrayed Dan. I went and kissed Celeste just to prove how much I loved her. I wanted to stay the night with her, but there was only one problem: I still insisted to find out who she really is. Besides, I'm too good for her.

"Talk to me." Taylean sat on my shoulder.

"It's just...... I think I love her. I don't know. Dan already has his eyes set on her, I can't just take her away from him like that." I vented.

"She doesn't belong to him Shun. Just shoot your shot, but only if you're sure she feels the same way about you." He was right though. I wanted to ask her on a date, but I fear that Dan would soon find that he's not the only one with admiration for a girl.

"I want to Taylean, but I need to find out who she really is, and why she's really here. I can't change my mind just like that."

"Maybe she's not one of the bad guys Shun. Just because she's on the bad guy's team, doesn't mean she's one of them. Why don't you try to shoot your shot?" I haven't asked out a girl before, yet alone tried to talk to her. I only knew how to push people away. Sometimes, I wondered what that girl thought of me......

*Celeste*

"You wanna learn how to play a musical instrument huh? Well alright, but only for a lonely girl such as yourself. Pick your poison and meet me in the back for some lessons." The shopkeeper chuckled. When I was alone, I looked around for my weapon of choice. A piano? No, too original. A guitar? No, that seems too much of a classic choice. Suddenly, I saw a violin that screamed my name. I held it in my hands, and I felt as if I recognized this thing. It's almost like I used to play it when I was a little girl. Huh?!!! I felt an engraving on the back, and noticed it really did have my name on it! Holy fuck!

"You picked an amazing piece of instrument miss. That used to belong to a very talented little girl. Sadly, her parents returned this a couple years later." What?!

"The little girl...... What happened to her....? And her parents?" I had a feeling that little girl had something to do with me.

"No one knows. Some say they made a deal with the devil in exchange for drugs, and some say she was kidnapped. Anywho, let's get to it, shall we?" And so, I spent all night playing the violin, and with no mess ups whatsoever. It's almost like I'm that same little girl.

"You're a natural kid. I didn't get your name."

"It's Celeste..... Tell me where I can find my parents......"

"You're alive?! I didn't realize it was you! You sure grew up."

"You know me?"

"Well why wouldn't i? You were my star pupil and my best student. When you were little, the violin was the only thing that kept you happy. Your father used to beat you senseless and burn his cigarettes out on you, and your mother always called you a mistake. So, you would come to me for refuge and I was the one who carved your name on it, in hopes you would always remember me." Now it all makes sense! Ugh!!! My head!!!

"Are you alright?"

"Yeah.... May I keep this violin....?"

"Take it with you." And took it with me I did. I sat on the bench, playing a melancholy lullaby.

"That sounds quite sad....." Sellon?! I stood up and glared at her.

"What do you want?"

"Easy there. I'm just letting you know you have a battle tomorrow with two fans of yours. I just wanted to spread the word. Be prepared to battle til you drop." She said as she left.

"There you are. What are you doing out here by yourself?" Shun approached me. Great, just what I needed.....

"Something led me to the music shop right down the road, and here I am with a violin in hand...." I picked up my instrument.

"I had no idea you knew how to play. Do you mind playing me a song?" He sat next to me, listening to the song that I played. I smelled him. His cologne was breathtaking, and I felt him position himself to where his head was on my lap. I smiled to myself.

"Look, I'm sorry for treating you like dirt. You're actually not so bad." I giggled. He wasn't so bad either. Him apologizing to me just made him even more attractive.

"You're not so bad yourself ninja boy. In fact, you're a prick for going soft." I pushed him off, teasing him.

"Oh yeah? I knew a girl just like you who would tease me for going soft. She loved a bad boy." He dusted himself off and chased after me like we were 8 years old.

"You know, I feel a true connection with you like no other. It's like I've known you my whole life....." I let him catch me. Something told me that Shun and I were gonna get along fine.