Luca, a Force to be Reckoned With

"What's your deal? Huh? You act like you don't want Dan, but I know you do. So stop this act and face me like a real woman." Runo kept following me around town.

"Act? What act? The only act there is you being a jealous bitch." I turned to face her.

"How dare you call me a jealous bitch?!" She raged.

"You wanna keep following me? That's fine. Just know where I'm going, you're gonna wish you hadn't followed me." I kept walking to the burned down house where I last saw my parents.

"What the hell? Why are we at this abandoned house that burned to the ground mysteriously?" How clueless can this girl be?

"I used to live here Runo. What was once a sacred place for me is now a pile of ashes slowly blown away by the breeze." I carefully stepped over rubble all the way to the perfect untouched backyard.

"But the cops and firefighters said it was just cigarette burn gone wrong. What really happened?" She screamed when a tall, rather good looking man with beaming red eyes, dark hair, an intimidating smile and a dog tag around his neck came up to me and bowed, sweeping me off my feet( literally). I picked up the hidden dagger from my boot and attempted to slash him, but not before he grabbed it with his bare hand!

"Celeste, I presume?" He wiped the blood off his hand with a handkerchief, and tucked it deep into his sleeve.

"Yeah? Who're you?" I put my dagger away.

"Luca Toni Bortinelli, The Don's strongest member of the Mafia, and your bodyguard. It's a huge honor to meet your acquaintance my lady." He got on one knee, kissing my hand. Dear God, he's a real charmer!

"So you're the bodyguard my uncle hired to protect me?"

"Not only that, but I'd never thought I'd see my little sister in person!" What?!

"I'm sorry Luca, but I don't have any siblings. I grew up an only child."

"Those drug addicts thought they could convince you that you were the only child. I was not old enough to take you away from them, but when Uncle Don told me you were alive and well, I begged him to let me be your bodyguard." He turned the necklace he was wearing, and held it.

"It says famiglia per sempre, which means "family forever" in Italian. Everyone in the Mafia has one, blood or not. I held on to yours, just in case I ever got to meet you." He pulled out a box from his pocket and underhand threw it at me, and I caught it.

"You're my brother? How old are you?" I opened the box to find a lovely necklace that says the same thing his does.

"I'm 21 years old, little sister." He lit a cigarette, and took a long drag.

"Luca....... Oh God you have no idea what I've been through!!" I wrapped my arms around my brother. I knew there was a sibling I never knew about.

"Um, nice family reunion, but I'm still here!" Runo crossed her arms, tapping her foot.

"Is this girl bothering you Celeste?" He cocked a pistol her way.

"No, it's okay. That's my best friend Dan's girlfriend. She's fine." He put the gun in its holster.

"Alright then. Now, here's my number. Call if there's any trouble. And next time I stop by, I want to meet that boyfriend of yours. Later little sis." He ruffled my hair and strolled away.

"Wow.... I had no idea you were going through so much...... I'm sorry I was mean.... Can you forgive me? Mainly because I'm terrified and possibly crushing on your brother." Runo looked down at her feet.

"You really shouldn't judge a book by its cover Runo. You want my backstory, I'll tell you, but not with pride, but with honor knowing I got to live my life as such." She and I strolled along the sidewalk, and I told her everything.

"So that's pretty much my life in a huge nutshell. I grew up in a bad place, ran away and was put in a hospital for hypothermia, lived in foster care for awhile up until I turned 17, then Mag Mel kidnapped me, wiped my memory clean, and convinced me that I was his spawn."

"So the Mafia is the only family you've got?"

"Yeah, my uncle and my brother are both part of it, and they say I have an aunt and two cousins. But I have yet to meet them." Runo was saying something, but when I asked her, she denied ever saying anything. When we got back to Dan's, Shun was relieved I hadn't killed her.

"So, did you guys talk and make up?" Dan snaked an arm around her.

"Yeah we're good. Thanks Dan. By the way, guess what? I have a long lost brother!"

"A brother huh? That's great Celeste! What's his name?" Dan took a sip of his soda.

"His name is Luca." Dan spit out his drink, coughing up a storm.

"Luca?! You mean Luca Toni "Silent Killer" Bortinelli?!!" He knows him?

"I've heard of him. He's one of the most ruthless member there is. They say he's so silent, nobody even knows he's there. His secret to being that way, is barely breathing." Marucho read from an article on the computer.

"Not to mention, the whole family's insane! There are parts of town that nobody dare to go near, because the Mafia own them! It gives me the creeps just thinking about it!" Dan's dad butt in.

"Look, the Mafia is the only family I've got, and I won't let you guys criticize them based on their nicknames and history. Luca is a great guy, and I'm grateful to have him in my life now, him and my uncle. So if you guys are gonna keep acting like they did something to you, then I won't stand for it. Not now, not ever again."