My Parents, the Mafia Bosses

Everything was flooding back to me. The furnace room where my drunk mother dropped me when I was a newborn, the living room where my dad beat me for the first time when I watching cartoons instead of putting on the baseball game for him, the kitchen where my paternal grandfather was shot by my father, the bathroom where my mother tried to drown me, and blamed it on her post partum depression, even my own bedroom came back. On the tiny bed, laid a 12 inch tall dragon plush. Sir Cuddlesworth! I sat there, holding it in my arms.

"I can't believe you've been laying in the same spot all this time.... You have no idea what I've been through...." My whole childhood lies in this big old thing. My father's best friend got him for me as a birthday present, and I hadn't asked for anything else since. Every fight, every cop called, he's been there for me, even when my bed was stolen from me, I slept on him in the closet. Suddenly, I noticed a safe with a flashing red light. I was shocked when I noticed the label gun and money safe;password Bortinelli. Huh.... That name sounds so familiar to me..... Why do I feel like I know that from somewhere? I shook off that feeling and jogged downstairs to the living room, looking for more clues. I caught myself glaring at a rifle sitting on the armchair. What is with my parents and guns?! I was about to touch it, when I felt the cold metal touch of a gun being cocked to the back of my head.

 What is with my parents and guns?! I was about to touch it, when I felt the cold metal touch of a gun being cocked to the back of my head

"Now, who do we have here? Who had the guts to enter my house? Turn around slowly and get on your knees." The shaky voice demanded. I did just that, not looking up at him.

"Look up and face me. Now." I obeyed, and when he saw me, he dropped his gun.

"This cannot be...... You're alive?!" What? He knows me?

"Oh, I suppose it's been a long time, huh, my darling daughter?" WHAT?!!! I snatched the gun he dropped and pointed it.

"You son of a bitch..... I've waited a long ass time..... Now that the opportunity has come, I can kill you for everything you've done to me...... You should have ended my life to save me the long years of suffering....." My whole body shaked.

"You can kill me.... I deserve it.... But does your mother?" Just as he said that, a woman with short dark hair, evil eyes, and a feather boa around her shoulders strutted in, counting large bills.

 But does your mother?" Just as he said that, a woman with short dark hair, evil eyes, and a feather boa around her shoulders strutted in, counting large bills

"Who're you?" She shoved the money down her turtleneck,  taking a good look at me.

"You don't remember? Mom?" Why was I shaking? I was face to face with my parents, my real ones....

"Oh Brittany!!" She rushed to hug me, but not before I placed my finger on the trigger.

"That's not even my real name..... You forgot didn't you, you drug mule?" I thought back to when I witnessed my mother smuggling drugs down her throat, and then pushing them back out in front of a bunch of rough looking men.

"Oh, I'm sorry. Your father and I were so caught up in being the bosses of the Mafia, we forgot we even had you." She waved her hand, acting like it wasn't a big deal. It was a horrible idea to drop my guard, because next thing I know, my mother grabs me and holds a knife to my neck.

"Oh be still my dear. I don't want your disgusting blood on my new clothes. Then, I'll have to burn your dead body along with them." I winced as the edge of the knife dug into my neck.

"You see, when we let you go for the last fucking time, we got jobs as assistants for the world's richest mafia boss, and eventually, he retired and gave the position to us. We became super successful. Your mother and I forgot all about you, so we pronounced you dead a year ago." My father smirked, stroking my cheek with the back of his hand. I stayed silent, plotting an escape plan.

"We had heard about a girl and her bakugan, who would've thought that it would be you?" My mother scoffed to herself.

"You'd be amazed at what Ceberus and I can do. In fact, I bet you don't see it coming..." I grinned, my head to the floor. Before she could say anything else, I gripped her arm, flipped her on her back, and  forced her to stab herself, and fought to get my father to the ground. He was strong, but I too was strong.

"Looks like you like to put up a fight my daughter

"Looks like you like to put up a fight my daughter. If I were you, I'd drop the gun. You may have ended your mother, but you can't end me. I'm a dangerous card waiting to be played and end the game. You have nothing while I have everything!"

"Celeste no!!!" Dan and the others came barging in, hoping I'll change my mind about finally getting my revenge.

"If you're a dangerous card waiting to be played, then I'm the card that can stop you from being played! I kicked him off of me, and forced the gun down his throat.

"This is for beating me." Bang!!!

"This is for killing my grandfather." Bang!

"And this.... Well, this is for taking away my childhood. Have fun in Hell you rotten bastard." BANG!!

"Celeste...... Drop it...." Shun touched my shoulder, and I obeyed him, letting go of the weapon.

"We had no idea your parents were members of the Mafia, much less about your past." Dan gagged at the sight of the lifeless bodies of my parents.

"Can we get out of here? This place is giving me the heebie jeebies." He rubbed his arms, goosebumps forming.

"Yeah. But there's something I have to do. You guys wait outside." I muttered coldly, heading back to my old room, unlocking the safe. I was taking all the money in it, and burning the place to ashes.

"I can tell all you wanna do is burn this place, but every memory you've ever had will go along with it." Shun stood by the door.

"That's fine by me..... You know what I've been through..... I'm taking this cash, and my only good memory, and this place is turning to ash." I took one last look at my old home, lit a candle, and tossed it on top of my parents, Shun and I getting out in time.