So Far Away From Where You Are

"So, are you ready to meet my partner Dan?" The others and I were in the practice arena, getting me up to speed on my skills.

"Sure am! Let's do this!!!" Dan and I started brawling, and I threw out Ziselaer, and I thought in amazement as she was finally revealed. She wasn't a full dragon! She looked human!

 She wasn't a full dragon! She looked human!

"Whoa.... You ma'am, are a beauty.... I am Dragonoid." Drago bowed to her. She giggled, making him flustered.

"Dragonoid.... You certainly are a cutie. I look forward to seeing what you can do." Man, awkward......

"How does it feel to finally battle after months of being away, huh?"

"Dan, this is just what I needed to get my shit together!!! Let's do this!" I can tell Shun was concerned about me, because the whole battle, he was watching my every move. I admit, I was slacking a little, but I can't help the fact that I'm suffering from PTSD from battling Mag Mel, and getting tortured by the soldiers he left behind.

"CELESTE!!!" A very familiar voice screamed from behind me, but when I turned, no one was there.

"Hey, are you okay?" Dan ended the fight mid battle, putting his hand on my shoulder, and I flinched, reliving my month of pain.

"Whoa easy there. It's just me. Talk about some major PTSD.... Is it the battle?"

"I heard someone calling my name...... It sounded like Ceberus.. Guys, we have to find him...."

"Even if we did, where would we look? He could be anywhere." Marucho searched his scanner for any sign of activity.

"Guys, we have to try. What if he's in the doom dimension? Or even new vestroia?" Shun played with my hair.

"Did you have any visions or anything at all?" A girl who had been with them for a couple days, Mira went to examine me, but I slapped her hand away.

"DON'T TOUCH ME!!!!" I freaked out, Shun holding me down.

"Was it something I said?" Mira blinked, raising her arms in surrender.

"No, it's not you. She's been through hell and back for the last month and a half, and because of that, she's been having night terrors and random panic attacks. That's why I was watching her battle earlier. Mag Mel did a number on her, and so did the men who violated her. That's why she's afraid of needles, water, and being alone." Shun held me close to him, and I finally calmed down.

"Why do you think he has to be with her at all times? Because he's the last thing she sees before she got tortured, and her brain thinks he's the only one she should trust. Shit, I was the one who defeated Mag Mel. I should be the one protecting her." Dan sighed out of envy for Shun.

"I think Celeste may be right about Ceberus. My computer is detecting an evil aura of some kind coming from the doom dimension." What?

"You're kidding?! Last time I saw Ceb, his aura wasn't evil. It was pure of heart, even for a demon dog. Better yet, what's he doing in the doom dimension?" I perked up. Maybe he was in danger.

"The only way we're gonna get there is through the portal, and that's why we have to go to Moscow." Shun's eyes widened when he said that.

"Doesn't Alice live there?" Dan stretched.

"Yeah, and she could help us get to the doom dimension. Let's get going every one." And just like that, we're on a private plane to Moscow. When we got there, a girl with red hair awaited in front of a huge house.

"Hey guys!!! It's so good to see you all!" The girl came up to the plane, and hugged us, except me.

"Hey Shun. It's great to see you again." She twirled her hair. Shun blushed and groaned, not saying a word. My heart sank. Fuck, this girl was trying to steal my man away from me..

"Dan, I'm freezing." Runo rubbed her arms, trying to keep herself warm. It was cold here.

"Here babe, you can take my jacket." Dan smiled, putting his jacket around her.

"I'm cold too Shun." I tried to get his attention.

"Well damn Celeste, I can't control the weather." Shun looked at me with disgust. Huh?

"Oh, come in you guys. I'll prep up some hot chocolate, and a hot green tea for you Shun?" She bit her lower lip.

"Y-yeah, sure. By the way, this is my girlfriend Celeste. Babe, why don't you help her?" Shun pushed me forward leaving me to go the lab with the others.

"So, you're his latest bitch huh?" Alice uttered.

"Excuse me?"

"Oh dear, please excuse my rudeness. It's just that he never told me about you when we met." She poured a pot of water and put it to boil.

"Shun was my childhood friend, and is now my boyfriend." I was about to beat that pretty face in.

"Oh, of course he is. Did Runo tell you?" I dropped a ceramic cup.

"Tell. Me. What?" I dared her to answer my question.

"Oh only Runo. She's too worried with her own relationship, she forgot to tell you that him and I were supposed to be a couple if you didn't come back." I grabbed a knife from the knife stand and pinned her to the wall.

"You listen to me, you red headed seductress, I don't know who you think you are trying to break us apart, but let me tell you something. Shun is mine, and only mine. I didn't go through weeks of hell just to have the only thing keeping me from ending it all taken from me. So don't you dare take Shun away from me!" Suddenly, she put her hands to her face, crying loud enough to get Shun's attention.

"Celeste, give me the knife, right now before you hurt yourself." Shun stepped towards me, and I reluctantly handed it to him.

"Oh Shun!!! She's crazy! She tried to kill me!" Alice pushed me away and hugged him.

"Celeste, why would you do such a thing? It's okay Alice. I won't let her do you no harm."

"She's faking it!"

"Why would she fake something like that? She's too pure to do that! Come on Alice, let's go join the others. And you, follow behind." What......? Alice turned her head, wiping a fake tear from her eyes. I knew it!

"It has been a long time since this portal has been used. It leads right to the doom dimension." Alice pressed a couple buttons, the portal whirring itself on.

"There's only one problem.... There's a slight chance that whoever enters the portal, may not come back, unless they can find their own way out." I didn't care about the risk, I just wanted to see my partner.

"Then let me go in."

"Celeste are you nuts? You could never come back!" Dan furrowed his brow.

"I don't care. Ceberus needs me, and I need him. So I'm going, and that's final!" Without thinking, I ran right into the portal, my mind on the only creature that I've built a partnership with. I'm coming Ceberus!