Disconnect

"Where are we going to sleep?! Not out here I hope!" Cerberus complained. He was right though. She has nowhere to go. She had no money, and nobody to crash with. Celeste sighed as she quietly roamed the city.

"How are we gonna get plenty of rest for tomorrow if we don't even have a place to sleep?!" He groaned.

"Okay can you please stop complaining? You think I like sleeping outside like an animal? I can't just ask every random person to help me find a place to sleep." She rolled her eyes, sliding down against the wall of a café. She didn't like it either, but so far, she's had to deal with it.

"So, you're the girl Anubias is drooling over? I have to say, it's not hard to see why." A woman stood over her. This was the same woman Shun wouldn't stop looking at. She thought back to earlier;

"What do you think Shun?" Taylean had asked him.

"I think I should keep an eye on her." He answered back as he kept his gaze on Sellon. Celeste came back to reality and clenched her fist. Why was she feeling so jealous? Shun wasn't hers.

"What are you doing talking to a girl like me?" Celeste stood up and glared cautiously at her. The woman had her long gray hair in a high ponytail, and she wore a gray and white dress.

"I came to ask if you would like to be a part of my team. Chris and Soon would be absolutely ecstatic to have another female on the team. So how about it love?" She held her hand out to help her up.

"What's the catch? I wanna know what I'm getting myself into before I join your team."

"You have to keep up with us, you and your bakugan have to work together in order to win a battle, and you can't associate with the brawlers, especially Shun." What?

"I suppose I can do those things. But why can't I talk to Shun?" He didn't do anything wrong.

"Let's be honest with each other, woman to woman. You're Mag Mel's daughter, and let's face it: you're here to take the Dragonoid's power, are you not?" How did she know?!

"How do you know my father?! How do I know you're not gonna trick me?!" Celeste backed up. This was getting weird.

"I work for him. In fact, so does Anubias. And if those brawlers found out who you really were, they would end you." Celeste relaxed her shoulders. She knew now why Sellon approached her: her father wanted to make sure she wasn't going get distracted by love.

"I get it now. But I have to get close with those brawlers in order to obtain the power that lies within that Dragonoid. If my father is that worried about me falling in love with one of them, then that's his problem. I'll join your team, as long as you don't get in my way of the real mission at hand." Celeste sighed deeply. To be honest, she was already starting to fall for Dan. His witty and confident personality was just so easy to love. And Shun? He was kind to her at first, but the way he approached her just got her heart fluttering. Oh yeah, this was gonna be harder than it already was......

*the next day in the tournament*

"Man, that kid doesn't seem to put up much of a fight...." She said to herself. She was watching Dan battle Anubias, and it was hard to watch. Dan wasn't even trying. Drago was begging him for help, and all Dan did was become distracted. Celeste stood by her new team. At first, Chris and Soon didn't like how Sellon was paying more attention to her than them, but once they got used to her, Celeste felt more comfortable being around other people.

"You work for Sellon?" Shun whispered in her ear.

"Yeah, what of it dude?" Celeste scoffed, her eyes still on the battle.

"I'm on to you Celeste, if that is your real name." He walked away from her, leaving the girl nervous.

"Ignore him dear. As long as you don't blow your cover, you'll be just fine." Sellon crossed her arms.

"I'm not worried about some guy. He's not even my type." Celeste flipped her hair.

"By the way, your first battle is tomorrow. I won't tell you who you'll be battling, but work on your companionship with Cerberus for now. I'll come find you later to check up on your progress." Sellon sent her on her way. As she was walking out of Interspace, she felt Shun follow her.

"He's following you girl. Do something, or I will." Cerberus snarled. Ugh...

"Can I help you with something Kazami?" She stopped and turned to face him.

"What's your deal? I haven't seen your face at all, and the fact that you just showed up is raising me to believe you're not just here to fight your way to the top. I'll do whatever it takes to get some answers out of you, even if I have to seduce you." Shun took a step forward, making Celeste blush.

"Seduce me? Oh please, you don't even have the skills to do that. I'm one of those women who's hard to get. Now leave me alone man." She sped off, but felt Shun teleport in front of her.

"If you're hard to get, then why do you keep avoiding me? Don't tell me you caught feelings for me already." He pinned her to the ground, grinning.

"Dude, get off of me! Seriously! I will never have feelings for a jerk like you!" She grabbed his arm and flipped him off her.

"Just let her go Shun... Let's go back to the battle...." Taylean sighed, and she watched as he walked away from her.

"Now that that's over.... You need to take a chill pill or something man. Don't forget I'm my father's daughter, and if he knew we weren't getting along, he would make sure you would get the punishment you deserve." Celeste found a park to walk around in.

"You pathetic human! I hope you get that headache you deserve!! Master Mag Mel is going to end your useless life!!" Cerberus cried out.

"You know what?! I don't need you as a partner! All you've done since we got here is whine and insult me! So, go! I don't need you as my Bakugan!" Celeste snatched him in her hand and threw him into the pond.

"Hey lady, that wasn't very nice! You should be ashamed of yourself!" A annoying voice tugged at her sleeve.

"Oh fuck off fat ass!" Celeste grabbed the boys shirt collar and when passersbys gathered around, she dropped the kid and stormed off.