My Demise

I giggled as Shun and I sat on my hospital bed, jamming to Panic! At the Disco's Death of a Bachelor. This was the first time I felt secure and stable in a while since my suicide attempt. It amazed me to know he took the time to learn to play the guitar just for me.

"Wow, Julie's right. You two really are the ultimate power couple." Mira stood at the doorway, smirking.

"Mira, I want to go outside. Am I well enough to leave this stuffy room?" I confess, the past few days were eventful. I had woken up from a nightmare about Wiseman and it was so bad, my nerves caused me to nearly slit my throat with a scalpel. If it wasn't for Shun checking up on me every hour, I would be long gone.

"I suppose it'd do you some good to get outside, and as long as you aren't showing any signs of depression, then I guess I'll set you free." I was all smiles and eager to stretch my legs until Mira removed the bandage wrap on both my arms.

"Don't worry about the scarring. That just means it's healing the way it's supposed to. Well, enjoy the beautiful day while it's there." When she left, I turned away from Shun.

"Baby? Are you alright?" He scooted closer.

"Leave me alone... I can't be seen like this.."

"Listen scars define who you are. People may talk, but that doesn't mean you're not the same strong independent woman you grew up to be. Now come on." He swiftly picked me up and threw me over his shoulder, and just like that, I'm in a white dress smiling again. Okay, maybe it isn't to bad to be happy every once in a while. Suddenly, Julie appeared on my Baku pod.

"Celeste!!! You gotta come to the stadium! Wiseman's back and he's battling other brawlers to get to you! And hurry, he's got a hostage!!!" Shun and I left our spot behind and rushed to where the others were, and there on his knees, was my brother!

"Luca!!!!" I ran to his side, but was only pushed away.

"So you're just gonna ignore me, huh little bunny?" He lifted me up by my hair, purring into my ear.

"Why can't we stop him?! It's like we're paralyzed or something!" Marucho breathed heavily.

"It's me you want, not Luca. Please let him go Wiseman." I begged him. I can't let another family member die... Not again. Wiseman laughed sarcastically, and somehow with his index and middle finger, forced me on my knees.

"Stop it Wiseman!!!" Shun snarled.

"How about a battle little bunny? If I win, you have to come with me and leave every one behind." Millions of my fans were watching me, and I knew I had to face my fear. It was up to me and Ceberus to end this fucker's tyranny.

"Lets do it!" All of a sudden, the sky grew pitch black, and chains rose from the ground, latching on to my legs. Oh fuck not this again!

"You're cheating!!! You can't do this!!"

"Oh but little bunny, you don't make the rules, do you? Besides, don't you miss the shackles?" He threw out his bakugan. Wait, that's not the same one from before! If anything, this one is just as scary! Snap out of it!

"Celeste, we have to win! I can't lose you again!" Ceberus perched on my shoulder.

"I... I can't.... I can't Ceberus!" I held him close to me.

"Listen to me! We can! Do it for all the fans out there! Do it for your friends! But most of all, do it for your uncle Don!" He's right, but.... I'm still afraid....

"I see you trembling little bunny. I cannot wait to take you home with me and listen to the music that will be your screams." Wiseman motioned a 'come hither' with his finger, summoning Ceberus! No! I can't do a damn thing! It's like Wiseman is doing this on purpose! And I was separated from my friends, so they couldn't help.

"You're mine little bunny!!" I watched in horror as Ceberus was attacked left and right, getting beaten to a pulp. I can't use any ability cards, and he nullified my gate card! Next thing I know, the victory is going to Wiseman. No.......

"No!!! You cheated, you bastard!!!! I won't let you take her!!" As soon as the battle ended, Shun ran to my side, the others following behind. The chains that latched my legs let go and retreated back to the ground. I fell on my knees. Fuck, this can't be happening.........

"We won't let you have her! You're gonna have to pry her from our cold dead hands!" Dan stood in a battle stance.

"Dan...." I mumbled. The crowd booed and called Wiseman a fake.

"I won, fair and square. So I think it's only right for me to claim my prize and take my leave." He raised his fingers up and to the side, making me cough out a painful grunt as I hit the wall.

"Please..... Stop.... I'll... I'll go......" I gripped the ledge, slowly standing up. My muscles were screaming in agony with each movement.

"Good little bunny. I was afraid I was use my strength to drag you away. Now come on." He opened a portal and stood by it, waiting for me. I cried, running up to Shun and wrapping my arms around him.

"Shun!!!" I sobbed, the others joining us in a group hug.

"It's okay my love. I love you so much." Was all he said, choking back tears.

"That's enough. Come on." Wiseman pulled me away, his grimy hand on my mouth, muffling my screams for help, and the portal closed before Shun could grab my out stretched hand.
.
.
.
.
.
.
"This isn't fair!!! He cheated!!! He was able to somehow paralyze her and us as well! Fucking prick!!" I stormed in the head quarters, punching the wall.

"I should've tried harder to fight back........ Now she's gone again......" Ceberus spoke. I let a groaned sigh escape my lips. Her scent was on my shirt from our sad embrace.

"I miss her so much...." Marucho cried.

"Yeah me too buddy!" Dan hugged him.

"I should've protected her more.." God why did I let her go?! Fuck I miss her..