Reunited

"So, there's someone who wants to meet me at the park? Are you sure Marucho?" I asked. It seemed kinda weird that a random stranger wanted to meet me out of the blue.

"Yeah. And that's all they said before they left. Are you gonna go?" Well of course I'm gonna go! I have to find out if Celeste is that random person.

"Hey Shun, can I come with you? Runo is wanting to cuddle and watch The Notebook, and I really don't feel like watching any sappy crap..." I laughed. Dan never liked movies that involved romance. That's why I love Celeste, she enjoys watching horror movies and films with horses( her favorite animal).

"Nah man I'm good. But enjoy watching that movie for the millionth time." I walked up to my room while hearing Runo dragging Dan with her, him hollering swears.

"If it is her, are you going to be with her?" Jaakor asked me when I stepped out of the shower.

"I'm going to try..... But if I do date her, then I have to be careful of what I do, because she's only seventeen. At least I think so."

"You think you're gonna get some if she's of age?" I grabbed him and looked around to make sure nobody heard.

"Jaakor! That's private business! Fuck dude!" Jaakor chuckled.

"I'm joking master. Calm down. Why are you so embarrassed?" My face fell flushed. Damnit, why me?!

"I don't have to have this conversation with my own bakugan. Now goodnight Jaakor." I groaned as I laid back in my bed, sighing. There's no way I was gonna be able to fall asleep, not with her on my mind. Her laughter when Dan did something stupid, her face whenever I teased her, the way her eyes glowed in the sunlight, and how beautifully she played the violin. Why do I always hide my emotions by acting cold? Tears welled up in my eyes as I went through the text messages between me and her.

Shun, you can't do this....

I can and I will. I'm sorry it has to be this way, but I just can't be with you.

What about the friendship we've built when we were young? Do you remember how we became to be?

I do, please don't bring it up.

I was being bullied by the older kids, and you beat them up for me. We bonded over a cup of tea at your place, and when I told you my situation at home, you vowed to always protect me.

Celeste....

But when you're mother started getting sick, it's like you forgot about me.

Celeste that's enough. Please. My mother was ill and I was the only one who could care for her. I just didn't have the time to protect you and at the same time tend to my mother.

Forget I ever said anything to you Shun. You're nothing but a jerk, and I hope I lose to Mag Mel, because guess what? At least he'll have time for me!

Whatever. Screw you too bitch.

That last sentence really hurt her. I could just tell by the way she looked at me when she came to battle Mag Mel. I wanted to tell her how sorry I was, but it wasn't going to be enough for her.

"Still thinking about her?"

"Yeah.... Can I help it though? I fucked up a possible relationship with her."

"I'm sure with the right moves, you can win her over. She seems like a very forgiving person."

"I hope she is. Well, good night Jaakor."

"Good night master."

The next morning

Well, I was here at the park. Now what? Nobody was around, well except for that one girl who's sitting on the swings. Wait a minute.... That's the person who wanted me to meet them here!

"Hey there. Are you the person who wanted to meet me here?" She had a hood over her head, and I couldn't make out her face.

"I'm not going to hurt you. Tell me who you are." And as if I offended her, she started sprinting past me! Hey wait!!! I ran after her, and I felt as if I've done this before. I stopped at the spot where I saw Celeste playing her violin that night and I was in total shock when I saw the girl appear out of nowhere. She pulled off her hoodie and stared into my eyes. Oh.... My..... God.....

"Celeste

"Celeste......." We each took a couple steps towards each other, and I was finally face to face with the girl who stole my heart.

"Hey Shun. Did you miss me?" She said shyly, playing with her hair.

"You have no idea...." It's really her. I can't believe she's really here in front of me.

"Shun...." She said under her breath as I finally worked up the courage to pull her close to me, leaning in to kiss her for the first time.

"Oh Shun....." She purred when I kissed her neck tenderly.

"I'm sorry. For everything. I never meant to hurt you Celeste. Can you forgive me?" We laid side by side in the sand.

"You're so lucky you've gotten hotter since the last time I saw you. So.... How do you really feel about me?"

"The truth is, I love you Celeste. I want to be with you more than you know. And, I really hope you feel the same way."

"I do. I was actually afraid of seeing you again, because I thought you were still mad at me." She looked towards the ocean. She was sad, I just knew it. Something was wrong, and I intended to find out what it is.

"Penny for your thoughts?" We stood up and left the beach, making our way to Dan's house.

"It's just.. It's just that they came so close to breaking me mentally. The drugs, the torture, all of it could have broken me to the point where I won't even know myself if I looked in the mirror."

"You don't have to worry anymore, cause I'm here for you. I'll make sure nobody touches you. I promise." I assured her.

"Thanks Shun." She nuzzled against my neck.

"You're welcome my star." I called her by the nickname that was sure to make her blush.