Celeste, in Love with Dan

"Celeste, honestly, it's like I'm babysitting you...." Sellon put the necklace back around her neck.

"I don't want him to track me and lecture me about love...." Celeste pulled away.

"Come now, you don't want those headaches do you?"

"I guess not. It doesn't matter. I lost that battle..."

"You let them distract you from your goal. We can't let Shun taunt you from the truth. He's trying to get inside your head. Come, let's give you a little make over." Just then, Shun stops them.

"I don't get it. Why are you with Sellon? And why do you care so much about your tactics?" Shun asked her.

"My, aren't you a curious one? Why do you insist on bugging her? She's sick of you underestimating her. Now be gone."

"Hold on! I'm here for Celeste, not you!" Shun grabbed Celeste.

"I want answers, and if I have to, I will hurt you." Celeste flinched. Huh? I never flinch like this..... Why am I so afraid....?, she thought to herself.

"Whoa.... I'm not gonna actually hurt you....... I have to go....." Shun released her and backed away. Celeste stood there, shaking. Why do I feel like something's not right....., she thought again.

"Why do I have this strange feeling that Mag Mel isn't really my father....?"

"What are you going on about over there?" Sellon brought her back.

"It's nothing Miss Sellon. Let's just go meet up with Chris and Soon."

"Nonsense dear. Why don't you take today to yourself and calm down. I'll send Soon to fetch you when you're needed." Sellon said before leaving. Celeste couldn't help but think about Dan. He distracted her from that battle, but somehow, she wasn't mad. In fact, it made her feel happy.

"Hey Dan, it's Celeste. Listen, can you meet me at the park first thing tomorrow? I can't really explain it right now, but I promise it'll all make sense. See you then." Celeste left a message for him on his phone.

"What's your plan?" Ceberus asked.

"I'm gonna tell him, but obviously leave out the fact that Mag Mel is my father. He has the right to know why I can't get attached to him..." The next morning at the park, Celeste sat on the swing, waiting for Dan. He's late, where is he?

"Hey sorry I'm late!" Dan ran up to her, panting.

"What happened? Are you okay Dan?"

"Yeah, just got into a fight with Shun about me lying about Drago's power being under control......" Dan rubbed the back of his neck nervously.

"Shun is a fucking jerk. I don't understand his reasons..."

"I just hate it when he acts like that! Ugh!" She didn't know why, but she wrapped herself around Dan, trying to seek comfort in a hug.

"Celeste! Are you okay? I don't think you've ever hugged anyone before!" Dan was surprised at her actions.

"Sorry..... I just...... Something in me told me to just hug you.... Is it working?" She ran her hands up his chest, looking him in the eyes.

"Yeah it worked.. Listen-"  Dan started, but was startled by Shun clearing his throat.

"I hope I wasn't interrupting anything too important." Shun stood there, glaring angrily at them.

"Not at all. I was just leaving. I'll see you later Dan." Celeste released herself and started walking away from them, finding herself lost in a world of music through her headphones. The way her heart pounded in her chest when Dan looked down at her, his scent on his shirt when she hugged him, the way he spoke, and whenever he defended her really made her want to fall deeper in love with him.

"Celeste!!" Ceberus barked, knocking her headphones off her head.

"Huh? What? Sorry, I was spaced out again....." She looked the other way flustered.

"Your phone has been beeping in your pocket for quite some time now." Pulling it out, she saw the screen. Huh? Dan texted? Wonder why...

I'm really sorry about that... Anyways, I wanted to ask you something, but it would be easier if i just text. Would you like to go out on a little date tomorrow? You're really pretty, and I think I'm starting to catch feelings for you.

WHAT?!!!!! Celeste was shocked. This was all a shock to her. The whole day passed her by, and tomorrow was just upon her.

"Sellon brought me all these clothes to wear on my date tomorrow. What do you think? Should I wear a dress? No, that's too pratical!" Ceberus became dizzy watching her running around frantically.

"Slow down, you're gonna wear yourself out from all that running around." Ceberus flew in her face.

"Sorry Ceberus.... I'm just so excited! I don't know anything about dates, and the only thing on my mind is making an impression on him!" She calmed down and sat on the bed in her motel room.

*The next day*

"Come on Ceb! Dan's waiting for me!" Celeste ran past the crowd of people to get to her destination.

"Slow down before you bump into something!!!" Ceberus panted, flying behind her.

"Ill be fine! The worst comes to worst, I'll bump into that dumb ninja!" She giggled. Nothing could ruin her good mood. That is, until she actually tripped over someone's leg and nearly fell face first. Celeste hang on to whoever caught her and held her in a seductive dip.

"My, you really are clumsy. Where do you think you're going dressed like that?" Shun?!!!

"If you must know, I'm meeting up with my date, not that you care." She dusted off her clothes, fixing herself.

"Does your date happen to be my best friend Dan?" How did he know?!

"But how-?!" He put his finger to her lips, shutting her up.

"Dan told me. He's so in love with you, he couldn't help himself. If you want my advice, stay away from him."

"Where do you get off telling me to stay away from him?! You're just jealous that you don't stand a chance with me!" She stepped behind him.

"Why would I be jealous of you? If anything, you're jealous that I'm out of your league and you can't be with me!" He grabbed her and pulled her in a dark alley.

"Hey! Let me go!" She was about to scream, but a hand was roughly placed over it.

"You cannot deny that you've fallen in love with me, but instead of me, you decide that Dan is the one for you. Well let me tell you something sweetheart. He has secrets that would have you truly heartbroken. I'll send you the details later after your date. Don't tell anyone, not even Dan." He fixed her hair and outfit and walked off growling between his teeth. Suddenly, Celeste felt that same pain shoot through her head.

"I TOLD YOU WHAT WOULD HAPPEN IF YOU FELL IN LOVE WITH HIM!!! DONT FORGET ABOUT THE TASK AT HAND!!!" Was all she heard.

"I'm getting sick of him doing that to you......" Ceberus sat on the back of her hand.

"I'd rather die in his hands than to go by his rules." She stood up and headed to the battlefield where Dan was waiting for her.