Blast from The Past

"I can't sleep knowing you're having nightmares about Mag Mel. Come sleep on the floor with me." Shun sat on the couch running his fingers through my hair. I woke him up for the third time tonight. It's not my fault. Mag Mel plagued my dreams and caused me to wake up gasping for air.

"Shun you know I can't. Dan's mother forbade it." I rubbed my face.

"I'm not gonna do anything sexual to you, not until you turn eighteen at least." He pulled me to him.

"Shun no. I'll be fine. I'm going for a walk..." I stood up, careful not to step over a stretched out Dan.

"Celeste hold on. I can't let you go alone." He followed me outside into the night.

"I can't live like this....." I crossed my arms, following the sidewalk.

"What do you mean? Knowing you're keeping me up? Celeste I can't help but to stay awake and keep an eye on you're breathing." He walked next to me, his hands in his pockets.

"It's not that..... Shun, I made a horrible mistake....."

"Oh? And what would that be?" He held my hand, and I quickly took it away, blushing.

"I made a deal with Mag Mel.... If i beat him in a battle, he had to leave and never return. But if he won, he could take me back and do what he desired with me." I stopped when I noticed he wasn't next to me.

"Shun?"

"You what?!"

"Keep your voice down."

"Why did you do such a thing?"

"I had to. It's me he wants. I know about Sellon.... And I know she was supposed to turn me in, but she didn't, and that's why she died.. So, if it's me he wants, then he's gonna have to beat me in a battle..."

"I can't let you waste your strength on the mechtogan. Armies of them have been showing up lately, and I can't let you end up exhausted."

"Shun, I'll be fine. I need the practice if I'm going to beat him." We stopped at a fountain.

"I have to protect you Celeste." He stood and watched as I walked around the top of the fountain.

"Then let me help you guys. Those Mechtogan will regret ever messing with us." I jumped down, looking back.

"Oh fine. But if I see you're showing signs of exhaustion, I'll see to making sure you don't battle for awhile." All of a sudden, Shun started blushing when he saw a girl with a camo top and khaki pants standing there.

"Hey Shun, who's your girlfriend?" She teased.

"She's not my girlfriend Paige! This is Celeste, a friend and nothing more. Anyways, what are you doing here?" The girl Paige laughed.

"I'm fucking with you. Anyways, I just got word that more of those weird Bakugan are appearing again. We have to fight them off."

"I'll let Dan and Marucho know." He waited til she left and cleared his throat.

"What was that about?" I asked.

"Oh, that was Paige. She thinks every girl I hang out with is automatically my girlfriend. It's no big deal really. Let's just go back to Dan's and get some rest." I couldn't help but wonder if he and I were destined to be together. Sometimes, childhood friends and up getting together when they got older.

"Shun?"

"Yes?"

"Do you think we have a chance of getting together, that is if I don't die at Mag Mel's hands?" There was a long pause, and the only sound filling the air was the sound of crickets scattered across the night grass.

"I don't know Celeste.... Hell, I don't even know if you feel the same way.... One day, you'll be acting like we're strangers, and the next you'll be acting funny. But, if there's any chance we feel the same way about each other, I can make you a promise, one that I can keep with me always...."

"And what would that be?" I paced myself next to him.

"If you happen to lose that battle, and you somehow manage to come back, I promise that I'll wait for you, no matter what." He wrapped his pinkie around mine.

"You don't have to Shun..... If I happen to come back, I'll understand if you've moved on.... Because I can't be with Dan, on the account of Runo..." I yawned, rubbing my eyes sleepily. When we got back to Dan's, we laid back down, and slept.

The following morning

Everything was so peaceful..... So perfect..... Shun had his arms around my waist, our bodies facing one another. I could hear whispering, but I didn't care. I was enjoying the moment. Everything was-

"WAKE UP!!!" Dan bellowed, hovering over us.

"Waahhh!!! Jesus Christ Dan!!! How long have you been watching us?!!" I sat up rapidly.

"Long enough to know Shun snores."

"I do not snore! At least I wasn't stretched out like a starfish!!!" Shun groaned, clearly annoyed by his actions.

"Hey Celeste, did you know he not only snores, he also drools like crazy!" He laughed as Shun tackled him and put Dan in a headlock.

"Alright you two, that's enough. We have some butt to kick." I stood up and brushed my hair, putting it up in its usual ponytail.

"Daniel, do be careful out there!" Dan's mother called from the kitchen. He was lucky to have such a caring parent.... As we were walking together on the sidewalk, I slowed down, looking around for my old house. How did my father have so much money, but at the same time, be in debt? I remembered how my mother used to have fur coats and all things nice.

"Hey.... Your old house is that way. I won't tell the others." Marucho whispers in my ear, pointing to the other direction. I nodded and ran off, finally getting to see the home I sadly grew up in. I skid to a holt at a rather average house. It looked like the house Dan lives in, except it was abandoned. The grass had grown long, and the windows seemed busted in. Slowly but carefully, I made my way to the front door and picked the lock on it slowly. What I saw chilled me to the core...