⚜️Chapitre vingt-sept⚜️

Start from the beginning

"Then, I'd like to have a word with you in private, Kindness," God said, gesturing to the door, and I nodded, following him out of the room.

"Later, guys," I whispered on the way and Humility nodded slowly, his eyes devoid of light. I wanted to say something but what could I?

The hallway was empty as I walked beside God. It had been such a long time since I was last in his presence.

It was rather comforting to just walk with him.

"I figure you won't be giving up on this?"

Taken aback by the hint of me giving up, I breathed out a humorless chuckle. "Well... I can't afford to. I... How do I say this... To get what I want from the agreement, the thought of giving up must not cross my mind even."

He nodded, looking straight ahead. "To have the Sin of Envy reborn... He was quite the blessed individual as a human... Too blessed according to the others."

I grimaced. "I wouldn't put it like that. He worked hard, he never took anything for granted. He used to share his blessings with others if he had them. He was just like everyone, only kinder and more humane."

"Ah, but the others wouldn't see him as you do, dear Kindness." A gentle smile tugged his lips. "There's always envy in every human, no matter how big or small. Counting someone else's blessings just comes automatically to them. That doesn't mean he or she is doomed. Whether the envy is a slight one or a destructive one depends on the human."

"I've seen that... wherever I went..." I shook my head when faces flashed before my eyes with green haze enveloping them in disgusting swirls. "Is it... Is it too cowardly of me to say that I'm afraid I won't find anyone? Envy is just so... enviable no matter who sees him."

He stopped when we reached the garden of sempiternal flowers with the fountain of bliss standing gloriously among them. It was enchantingly peaceful that I realized I missed being here. Everything was impossibly idyllic.

Was it impossible to have Envy experience this rapturous feeling that I was feeling?

I looked up at God when a hand was placed on my shoulder.

"It's not impossible." My lips trembled at the tender smile he was giving me. "I believe in you. All of you. I believe in my children."

Everyone else was doubting me, but he somehow... believed in me. It was enough for me to regain the resolve I had lost.

I had to uphold my virtue.

After he left, Temperance and Patience appeared in my line of sight, murmuring among themselves, and walked towards me when I waved at them. They were still troubled from the meeting.

"Seoyun, are you going back now?"

I hummed, breathing in the sweet fragrance of the flowers. "Not yet. I need some time to think about what I should do so I'll head back home."

"Are you okay?" Patience scanned my face with a small pout. "We can help with anything you want, you know?"

Grinning, I poked her cheek for looking so adorable. "After talking to God, I'm more than okay. Don't worry. I can do this."

Even if they seemed more worried now, they still nodded and put their trusts in me. I couldn't possibly bother them when they already had their plates full with their respective Sins.

After a long talk about their life in heaven after I left to earth for nearly a year and shenanigans they had with angels and demons, we parted ways and I wasted no time to teleport to my home.

I had forgotten about how Envy was supposed to be near me all the time that I jumped in shock when I found the emerald haired man in my room. He was still clad in the same clothes he was wearing when Humility came to take me away.

"Oh- Y-You're here?"

As if I was invisible, he didn't turn to me.

Instead, his eyes were glued to my painting of him with black hair.

Heat rushed to my cheeks.

"Did you paint this?"

Oh no...

"...Who is this supposed to be?"

┗━━━━━━༻♔༺━━━━━━┛

Seoyun:

Don't forget to vote to support the story, baby berries 🥰

Thank you for reading 🥀