⚜️Chapitre cinq⚜️

Notre rencontre était mon souvenir préféré

Our meeting was my favorite memory

┏━━━━━━༻♔༺━━━━━━┓

"Really, Kyungwon, thank you for the amazing feast yesterday! I've never eaten lobster or shrimps before and they were so so delicious!

"Yeah! Your birthday party was awesome, friend!"

One of the male students sitting at the back lost his concentration on the math equation he was solving and looked up ahead at his classmates crowding around his friend, Kyungwon, going on and on about the birthday party he wasn't aware of. If anything, he thought his friend was celebrating it at home with his family. He never would have thought that his friend would invite everyone else but him, his friend to the party.

He wondered if he made him mad before or did something wrong, but no matter how hard he sought for any fault, there was none. None whatsoever. After all, he wasn't the type to upset a friend.

Biting his lips, the boy tried focusing on the math equation again, but the excited cheers from his classmates and the warm tears slowly blurring his eyes were too much to ignore.

Thoughts like "Why me? Why didn't he invite me?" were plaguing his pure mind, leaving a nasty scar with no reason. He couldn't possibly confront his friend for he feared that his friendship would be damaged by doing so.

That's why he struggled to hide his tears, wanting to keep his friend by his side instead. That was a brave yet foolish move of the seven year old. No person would let himself be mistreated for no reason. Especially someone who was supposed to be close to you.

His breath hitched when someone asked, "Why didn't you invite Taehyung though?"

He thought his heart broke when his friend chuckled, "Ah, yeah, sorry, I didn't know his phone number."

•───────────⋅⚜️⋅───────────•

"Help me during the test pal, okay?" One of his friends told Taehyung with a pat on his shoulder from his front seat to which the boy smiled.

"Of course."

This wasn't an unusual occurrence to him. Having top grades meant having good reputation, and having top grades also meant having many dependences from other students. Your friends, in particular.

Valuing his friendships with those students, Taehyung would always try his best to save them during tests. From whispering the answers to throwing papers around, he would do anything.

One time, he received the cold shoulder from his friends when he refused to help them and it wasn't a pleasant experience. He never wanted that to happen ever again.

"You can use me," he would sometimes say, "I would definitely help my friends."

But the ten year old boy would often wonder why some of his friends never interacted with him about anything other than school related things.

•───────────⋅⚜️⋅───────────•

"Hey man, this is my address."