⚜️Chapitre vingt-quatre⚜️

C'était une belle journée en paix

It was a beautiful day at peace

┏━━━━━━༻♔༺━━━━━━┓

Le point de vue de Seoyun

Seoyun's POV

The silence was deafening.

Staring outside the window, I watched the trees and buildings zoom past me while Envy fiddled with his phone beside me. We hadn't spoken longer than one sentence after Diligence left when God called him. I hoped he would stay longer, but sooner or later, I was going to be left alone with Envy anyway.

At least today he was moderately pleasant. He toned down his douchery.

Perhaps it was only because he didn't say anything to me.

My gaze was torn away from the window when he abruptly stood up from his seat, tucking his phone in his jacket pocket.

"Toilet," he mumbled when our eyes met and I nodded, watching him walk away. My heart jumped when I locked gazes with him.

The argument we had yesterday... It was what we were keeping inside ourselves for years. I knew he was distressed and hurting, but to actually hear it from his own mouth in his own words plunged the knife deep into my soul.

I understood my apology would never reach him... It would only aggravate him.

I had to act.

If my words couldn't reach him, I had to do it with my actions.

My thoughts were interrupted by someone who kept coughing for the last five minutes straight. Not to mention, the man was not even trying to cover it, deliberately coughing at people's faces who frowned at him as if warning to shoo him away.

Sighing in exasperation, I stomped over to the man to grab him by the shoulder, pulling him away.

"Excuse me, mister, but can you not directly cough at people's faces?" I gritted my teeth when he clearly coughed at my face on purpose with no care, but pulled out a napkin to hand it to him. "Here."

The middle aged man reluctantly snatched it with a scowl before walking away, and I had to calm myself to not punch his face and cause a scene. Asshole.

The others around me continued doing whatever they were doing after sparing me a glance. Even if they didn't say it, I could feel they were grateful for me. I wondered if they would have been more grateful if I punched his face.

Still, as Patience always tried to preach, "Violence is never the answer unless you're a badass martial arts fighter."

Sighing, I made my way back to my seat just before Envy came back. I was agitated by that old man that I went to an offensive mode.

"Did you wash your hands?"

Envy widened his eyes at me. "Uh... What?"

"I mean, men sometimes don't wash their hands after touching their... you know..." I trailed off, suddenly feeling embarrassed to have started such a weird conversation after half a day of silence. "Just making sure."

There was nothing I wanted more than to teleport to Antarctica to cool myself or dig a hole to bury myself. Or I could jump out the window.

"I washed."

"Cool." Blushing like an idiot, I nodded before turning to the said window to continue ignoring him. At least now I had a reason to stay silent.

"Um, how are you?"

Now, it was my turn to widen my eyes at him. "Huh?"

"How are the sceneries outside," he emphasized like he was correcting himself and his eyes rounded in surprise.

"Oh. Nice...?"

I was cringing internally from how awkward we were.

"I just..." Envy sighed, clasping his hands on his lap. "I want to... apologize...?"

Was that a question?

"Whether I hate you or not, we are bound by an agreement. And this whole thing will end in a few months." While he was speaking, his wavering eyes never left his hands. "I should at least respect you for doing this and behave myself... I guess."

I smiled softly. "Yeah, you tolerated me for the last several months. It won't be so hard. Thank you for understanding."

He nodded slowly before leaning back in his seat and taking out his phone to occupy himself. Worst case scenario, I would be erased by the end of the period, and he would break the rules and get himself punished for it.

I just hoped he would be sensible enough to not end up like that.

Pouting all of a sudden, he started fumbling with his tangled earphones after taking them out of his pocket, prompting a head shake from me. He was always like a baby with the smallest things like this.

"Let me."

Swiftly grabbing the item before he could reject my offer, I untangled the wires in no time and handed the earphones back to him with a small smile.

"How do you even...? You're like a magician." He bit back a smile and took it, plugging it in his phone. "Thanks."

I nodded and turned back to the window, looking up at the azure sky dipped in amber paint. It was funny how it looked more beautiful than when I couldn't speak to Envy.

It was a nice day outside.

"Hey, you know-"

Turning back to him, I stopped mid-sentence when his head was lolled to my side, eyes closed and arms crossed. Music spilled from his earphones.

Serenity swaddled him. Emerald fringes brushed against his forehead and thick long lashes rested over his soft cheeks like black feathers.

I couldn't remember the last time I saw him sleeping so peacefully like this. Ethereal beauty was what defined him even if it attracted the green eyes of others.

He was just so angelic, unfit to be in hell to me.

With a soft smile, I watched him be at peace even for a while.

┗━━━━━━༻♔༺━━━━━━┛

Stay safe and listen to Life Goes On 🌌And don't forget to punch the star button to support the story, sweeties🥰

And don't forget to punch the star button to support the story, sweeties🥰

Thank you for reading 🥀