⚜️Chapitre trente-deux⚜️

Les seuls beaux yeux sont ceux qui vous regardent avec tendresse

The only beautiful eyes are those that look at you with tenderness

┏━━━━━━༻♔༺━━━━━━┓

"Oh hey, T-"

"Watch where you're going, flower boy," a boy from other class sneered after he bumped into Taehyung himself. He then suddenly grabbed his collars when Taehyung ignored him, not responding. The other boys smirked at the actions of their friend.

"You're not apologizing?"

"We've been tolerating you for a long while, Kim Taehyung," another one groaned, looking him up and down, furrowing his eyebrows. "You better grovel at our feet if you did something wrong, you bastard."

Taehyung, on the other hand, scoffed and removed the hand gripping his shirt with force. "Why should I? I have no reason to do that to the likes of you."

"Look at you being high and mighty," the boy who bumped into him snarled before stepping closer. "I'm gonna-"

"Stop it, you dicktards," my past self yelled, making my hand fly up to my mouth. She stomped over to the frozen boys, watching her in surprise, and grabbed Taehyung's hand. "As a bystander who saw everything, I believe it's you who should be apologizing for bumping and not Kim Taehyung. But since an asshole like you won't apologize, we're leaving instead of wasting time with you."

"Let's go," she said to Taehyung who stared at her in a mix of confusion and awe, and hastily dragged him away from the angry mob.

"Dicktards," Envy snorted, clearly enjoying the scene. "Wow, your mouth... Did you see how other students looked at you when you cursed?"

I shrugged even when I was actually embarrassed. "I said what I said. Remember when I spat strings of curses at the people who beat you up after I confronted them?"

Chuckling softly at the memory, he nodded. "Even I was scared when you did that."

"Glad I was scary."

We were outside the school now. Taehyung was on the ground, leaning against the wall, clutching his stomach and staring at me who was sitting on her knees in front of him with her brows knotted. His lips were bleeding and cheeks were tinted purple, swelling slightly from the bruises. Such a disheveled state he was in, all beaten up.

It used to hurt me seeing him like that after being cornered and bullied by other male students for so many idiotic reasons. I had to turn blind eye since I thought he wouldn't want me to get involved or he didn't want to be pitied. I couldn't hide around the corner forever in the end.

She reached out her hand as he stared blankly at her. "I'll accompany you home."

He turned away. "I'm not going home anytime soon..."

"Where are you going then?"

He was silent.

"Those cuts and bruises should be treated though...? Your lip is busted open."

He was still silent, perhaps thinking about where he should go. The sun was setting already.

My past self sighed before grabbing his hand, snapping his head to herself. "Come with me. No questions asked."

I squeaked out when our surroundings shifted. "What the-"

"Is this... your home?"

She nodded, gesturing him to wear some spare slippers, and threw her backpack over the hanger. "Mom and dad are overseas for work so I'm alone for now."

"But... if your home is here, why did you always follow me to the bus stop? Buses don't go here from there."

Oh shit.

She cleared her throat, walking away. "Don't misunderstand! We recently moved here, okay?"

"Did you though?" Envy whispered to himself but I heard it.

In no time, my younger self started treating his wounds, settled on the desk chair while he sat on the bed, watching her attentively. His gaze was so intense that if I caught it back then, I would have blushed furiously and fallen off the chair.

"Who the fuck-"

"Language," Taehyung scolded and she bit her lips, contemplating.

"...Whom the fuck?"

Taehyung shook his head, sighing, and Envy broke into short chuckles.

"Okay, okay, just- who did this to you? You shouldn't just take this much beating for whatever reason. Did those jerks who bumped into you in the hallway do this?"

"No. You shouldn't worry about it." He turned away from her.

Silence enveloped them. The girl seemed to be lost in thoughts but I had long forgotten what those thoughts were running through my mind.

My eyes popped out at the same time as Taehyung's when she kissed his cheek.

His head instantly whipped towards her. "W-What is this?"

"Affection," she simply answered, but I remembered that internally, I was dying.

"Disgusting..." He frowned but as seconds ticked by, he loosened up more. "D-Do it again."

"Hmm... Nope." She grinned before gathering the first aid kit items and taking them to put them away. "Are you hungry? I'm gonna cook, what do you want to eat?"

He smiled. "I'm fine with anything."

┗━━━━━━༻♔༺━━━━━━┛

Happy Lunar New Year for real now 🐮 ✨
Hope you enjoy!

Don't forget to vote to support the story, dears
Thank you for reading 🥀