⚜️Chapitre quatorze⚜️

Esprit calme

Quiet mind

┏━━━━━━༻♔༺━━━━━━┓

Blinding neon lights and blaring noises of bass welcomed us when we sauntered inside the dark room. A sharp tang of alcohol permeated the thick air, mingling with the intense passion and excitement of the people swarming there.

The tingles I felt pulled me to the dance floor but I wasn't going to give in to them. As a respectable creature, I was supposed to be level headed.

"Okay, now I know you're shitting me," Envy shouted through the music as we passed through the crowds to find someplace to sit. "Are you getting sidetracked now? What kind of a 'heavenly virtue' goes to clubs like this? Are you choosing the dark side?"

I, too, was feeling quite a deal of shame and regret, but as long as I didn't commit sinful acts, a small hangout at the club wouldn't hurt, or so I thought. As the saying went, 'work hard and play hard'. But not too hard...

I just wanted to let loose for a moment.

Speaking to him from afar while walking would prove useless with the music, so I formulated my answers in my mind until we arrived at the lounge area with a handful of black, leather couches of which some were occupied by groups of drunken youngsters. Red lights illuminated the whole area, giving it a spicy feel.

"No no, you don't get it," I tutted him as soon as we plopped down on an empty couch. "We could find someone from youngsters who frequent clubs like this. Proud and haughty, they're definitely potential candidates."

Envy scoffed, placing an elbow on the headrest and crossing a leg over the other. The green of his hair was no longer distinguishable and his black shirt and jeans were painted maroon by the lights. A look of displeasure crossed his features when women who passed by checked him out with suggestive smirks.

"I might get devoured by these people's eyes before you can even do that," he sighed, rolling his sleeves and exposing his veiny forearms. "I hate clubs. No decent person who's actually above me and wouldn't envy me would frequent nightclubs. Ever. Your map sucks, Kindness."

"Now you're just exaggerating," I dismissed him and grabbed the menu on the glass table before scanning the various types of drinks I never knew existed, reading them with great difficulty because of the dim lighting. "I'll just... have soju."

Envy suddenly snatched it away and stared at me in bewilderment, eyes wide. "You're even drinking now? What are you, human?"

"Bitch, I might be." I rolled my eyes. "What were you even listening to during the meeting about the agreement? I'm entitled to drinking... Only to a certain amount though," I mumbled the last part and pursed my lips.

That 'certain amount' was just until I got intoxicated since I was still bound by the principles of virtues. Good for him, though, he didn't need to worry about it and drink as much as he wanted.

"You're crazy, woman... Gluttony would be proud," he muttered with disappointment and scanned the menu. "I don't want to drink but I'll just decorate the table with wine."

•───────────⋅⚜️⋅───────────•

I let out a loud squeal of delight after quaffing another glass of soju.