⚜️Chapitre trente-huit⚜️

Je vous souhaite d'être follement aimée -André Breton

My hope for you is to be madly loved

┏━━━━━━༻♔༺━━━━━━┓

"Hello everyone! My name is Han Taejoon. Nice to meet you all!"

The young boy bowed with a huge grin, introducing himself to his new classmates. He was bursting with energy and liveliness.

"His smile looks like a rectangle. Weird!" One of the boys laughed out loud, starting a wave of laughter in the room.

My brow twitched and I walked over to him to touch his forehead until a sweet voice spoke, silencing everyone.

"That's so pretty and unique. There's nothing to laugh at."

I whirled around to find every student turning their heads to a girl who tilted her head, looking at the boy in the front. I smiled at her and the boy, too, flashed his rectangular smile again.

"She must be the one, huh?"

•───────────⋅⚜️⋅───────────•

"He's grown up to be a fine man, hasn't he?"

I nodded to Temperance as we watched him standing at the altar with his bride before him. Vows were exchanged and rings were presented. I unconsciously rubbed the emerald on my finger as the man slipped a diamond ring in the woman's finger.

The ache in my heart was nothing compared to the relief and rapture that engulfed my whole being. He was happy. He was overflowing with happiness.

That was why, I was more than happy.

"Are you... crying?"

I smiled at the blue haired Virtue beside me. "I'm crying tears of joy."

Her expression softened and she hugged my sides. "I'm proud of you, Seoyun. I can't believe you used to deny yourself so bad. You're a true Heavenly Virtue."

"Thank you, Bada. It feels like I'm right where I belong and am doing what I was supposed to be doing in the end." Filling my lungs with a deep breath, I closed my eyes and widened my smile. "I couldn't be more content."

"And um... Seoyun?"

I opened my eyes to face her. "Hm?"

Her gaze faltered and lowered to the ground. "Did you know what actually happened with the Sin of Greed, Jimin... and our Saejin?"

A pang of pain prickled my heart. "What do you mean? Everyone knows what happened, why are you asking me that?"

She quickly shook her head. "N-Nothing. Forget I ever asked."

She suddenly disappeared, leaving me bewildered. She was definitely hiding something.

It wasn't long since I understood Jieun was actually reincarnated as a human and not erased from existence. There were things I didn't know. Some things, I would never come to know.

There was a reason for me, for us us not to.

I just hoped Temperance wouldn't lead herself into dangerous territories. She was the most curious out of all of us.

┗━━━━━━༻♔༺━━━━━━┛

What happened to Jimin and Saejin? 🤔

Please vote to support the story, loveliesThank you for reading 🥀

Thank you for reading 🥀