⚜️Chapitre trente-quatre⚜️

Il n'y a qu'un bonheur dans la vie, c'est d'aimer et d'être aimé - George Sand

There is only one happiness in life, to love and be loved

┏━━━━━━༻♔༺━━━━━━┓

A wistful grin danced on my lips as I watched my graduation. Excited cheers, boisterous laughters and emotional tears marked that day and hopes and wishes for the future were present in everyone's smile and heart.

The lavender colored dress I was wearing reminded me of my mother's hard work to make me 'a special, one of a kind dress' as she described for my graduation. Just then, my mom and dad came to my younger self with bouquets of colorful flowers. Mother was dressed like a model on a runway that I had to snort. Such a showoff.

When I searched for Taehyung to see what he was doing, I found him standing further away with his parents, watching me bicker with my mother and breaking into a huge grin. His black fringes were parted slightly, waving in the breeze, and his face was glowing with joy. My heart twinged with pain seeing him like this.

"Now onto another four years of schooling, huh?"

I gave Envy a nod. "Learning never stops. At least we parted ways with those sons of bi-"

"Language, please," he sighed, interrupting me. "I agree, though. I couldn't wait until we left this place, I was so glad."

I beamed at him. "Same."

The day passed by quickly because the funny thing was, I couldn't remember what happened during the graduation party. It was boring and there was nothing much to remember. Most of our classmates were dead drunk to celebrate and 'danced' around like a bunch of hooligans.

We were outside on a swing together with no one else around to interrupt our alone time after a long day. The stars were awake, listening to our conversations in wonder, sparkling elegantly above us.

He was still in his gray suit, but his jacket was wrapped around my body.

"I could die from not meeting you for just one day," Taehyung whined, throwing his head back. "Ah, this is unfair."

She giggled, pinching his cheek. "We'll be meeting every week, dummy. We can meet every other day, too. Don't be so dramatic, Tae."

"Maybe I should transfer to your university. I wonder how good the acting classes are there..."

"Don't. I'll run to you whenever you miss me, okay? I'll smack you if you do something stupid."

He smiled, pecking her lips. "Okay okay. I'll run to you whenever I miss you, just welcome me with a hug as always."

"Yes, so please focus on your studies," she chuckled. "I'm gonna have a famous boyfriend, aren't I? What am I gonna do when I attract jealous eyes?"

"Do what you usually do, love. Don't mind them." His hand came up to brush her curled hair in a soothing manner. "And I'll be fine with jealous people as long as you're by my side."

'As long as you're by my side'... Even when I believed that I would with all my heart that day, I wasn't able to do that. Life was so cruel.

"I was thinking... No, I was wishing that I would travel around the world with you after graduating university," he confessed, gently caressing her hand he was holding now. "It doesn't have to be at once. We can take it slow, one country after another each year."

"You idiot, one country in one year will work only if we could live for centuries," she laughed, leaning her head on his shoulder. "Let's do a handful of countries from each continent. I'll draw the map. We'll ask our moms and dads about the countries they visited, too. Speaking of, dad asked me to invite you and your parents for skiing next month. We're all going."

"Sure, I'll ask." He placed a kiss on her forehead while she looked up at him. "So our romantic trip around the world is settled then. I want to ask you a math question now."

"Math?" She made a disgruntled noise in her throat. "Are you serious, bro?"

"Just answer, Yuni. If I had two kids and you had two kids, how many kids are there in total?"

Her answer was quick. "Four?" After a second, processing the question, she exclaimed, "Hold up!"

"No, it's two." Taehyung tittered, pinching her cheek. "How can you say four, baby?"

"That was a trick question," she exclaimed in defense, scooting away from him. "It was sudden, too! Children? W-Why are you asking me that anyway? We're not even m-married."

Flashing a smile, Taehyung stood up from the swing and circled around her before kneeling before her on the ground, earning a soft gasp from her. It was so unexpected back then, I never saw it coming.

"I know I'm going too fast with this," he whispered, voice suddenly shaking, and pulled out a small velvet box from his dress pants. "But I've never been sure about anything else other than this. I-"

He took a deep breath and licked his lips before continuing with his eyes full of love locked with her wide ones. "Seoyun. My love. I wish to spend my whole life with you, the whole eternity together. I want to make you happier than you make me whenever you're around me and that's immeasurable. I love you so so much, I can never express it enough."

My own vision blurred from tears. It was painful revisiting this memory like this.

"You saved me." He opened the box to show the emerald ring. "I wish to marry you when we're both ready. You hold my heart and I'll wait for you however long it takes... Will you... accept my wishes and become my wife, love?"

My younger self wiped her tears that rolled down her cheeks. Nodding again and again, she choked out, "Of course. I love you so much."

Dabbing his tears, Taehyung took out the ring and slipped it into her ring finger before handing her another box. "Will you?"

She placed his emerald ring on his finger as well and the two grinned at each other filled with euphoria before pulling each other for a passionate kiss, but then breaking into giggles and smiles.

I glanced at Envy to see him fiddling with his necklace under his shirt. His gaze was somewhere on the ground, unfocused and teary. Was he reminiscing? Was he regretting? I couldn't tell.

Perhaps we were on the same page...

Hoping that everything turned out differently than it actually did.

┗━━━━━━༻♔༺━━━━━━┛

Close to double update 💋
Prepare to read everything clearing up

Please vote to support the story, lovelies
Thank you for reading 🥀