⚜️Chapitre trente-neuf⚜️

On ne voit bien qu'avec le coeur

We only see well with the heart

┏━━━━━━༻♔༺━━━━━━┓

Years after years, I worked on spreading my virtue to as many places as I could. I developed myself to be the true embodiment of my Virtue. It was what I was made to be. It was what I was chosen to be.

I worked and worked and worked again. I served my duty with no hesitation, no doubt, with all I had. It made me happy wherever I went.

Everywhere I went reminded me of Taehyung. Traces of him were here and there, welcoming me.

Bursts of colors lit up the violet evening sky. A festival of sorts was happening in the distance from where I was watching, chin over my arms propped on a railing.

A pensive sigh escaped me as jubilant cheers and shouts filled my ears. Bright yellow, orange, blazing red, pink and calming blue and green danced together all over the place.

Life was still so beautiful.

A faint, wistful smile tugged my lips. Memories of him revisited me and nostalgia comforted my senses.

I was content.

•───────────⋅⚜️⋅───────────•

"Did you call for me?"

God nodded, smiling at me as I took a seat at the end of the long table he was sitting behind. "Yes. Were you at the garden of sempiternal flowers?"

"I was. Just enjoying the nature after my lectures for the heaven residents."

He nodded. "I called you here to inform you of your release."

Confused, I blinked a few times. "Release?"

"Yes, Kindness."

"Am... Am I being reborn?" I asked, not understanding. Chastity was reborn, maybe I was going to be, too.

God leaned forward, tilting his head. "Do you have a reason to?"

I froze, processing his words.

'A reason to be reborn.'

"I guess not," I answered truthfully. I was perfectly content. I didn't have any guilt, any grudge, any more unfinished business.

"The Sin of Envy is gone and the Virtue of Kindness alone won't be acceptable for long," he explained further. "The former Envy will be welcomed to heaven and end your duties."

I nodded, listening carefully and breaking into a smile. Taehyung was able to do it.

"You've done well, Seoyun, and it's time for you be freed from your position and become one with all."

Now, I understood.

"It's time for you to rest peacefully, Seoyun."

With tears filling my eyes and a smile lifting my lips, I stood up and bowed deeply.

"Thank you. Thank you very much. For everything."

The end.

┗━━━━━━༻♔༺━━━━━━┛

There is one more chapter of Epilogue~

Please vote to support the story, loveliesThank you for reading 🥀

Thank you for reading 🥀