⚜️Chapitre six⚜️

L'ennemi que j'aime

The enemy I love

┏━━━━━━༻♔༺━━━━━━┓

"What's this?"

Taehyung's eyes widened at the small lunchbox I pushed towards him.

"Your dinner, of course," I huffed, leaning back on my chair, eyeing him in distress. "Stop eating instant noodles all the time, dumbass. Your health is deteriorating, you know? I made this myself so you better eat it tonight. It's full of nutrients compared to those garbages you eat."

Tittering, he grabbed the box before flashing me an adorable grin. "Wow, you didn't have to go that far. I'll gladly eat it. Thanks, Seoyun."

Feeling proud of my actions, I smiled widely and wiped my clammy hands on my skirt before continuing to eat my own lunch. Just a minute ago, I was sweating bullets, worried that he wouldn't take it or would be mad at me for doing that.

"Why don't you cook dinner instead of eating instant noodles though?"

Taehyung swallowed the spaghetti in his mouth before sheepishly saying, "Well, I'm bad at cooking and my parents are rarely home since they're always busy with work."

My heart squeezed a little and I felt bad for him. "Ah, I see. What do they do?"

"They're both actors," he said nonchalantly, twirling his fork around the noodles. "Kim Sungwoo and Kang Dahee."

I gasped out loud, slamming my fork on the table. "What, really?! I love them! I love every movie they played in, oh my gosh. I'm a fan!"

His cheeks were dusted pink as he tried suppressing his grin. "Thank you. Maybe you can meet your idols if you cook for me sometimes."

My lips curled up at his shameless yet cute suggestion. I was already planning on doing that anyway. "Deal!"

"What about your parents?"

"Well, my mom is a fashion designer and she practically lives in Europe. My dad's a cook." I smiled to myself when I remembered their first meeting. "They met at one of these fashion shows. Dad was there to cook the meals but was dragged by mom to wear her designs when one of her models called in sick."

He hummed, immersed in my talk. "That's really unusual. I'm glad that the model called in sick that day."

An unknown emotion swirled in the depths of his dark orbs as they gazed into mine as if hypnotizing me. I let myself get lost in them, wanting the moment to last forever.

"Me, too."

I was daydreaming once again, missing those times when I would find comfort in Taehyung. It was getting more and more frequent lately since he was antagonizing me further and further recently.

The last time I saw him, I probably grew the hate he had towards me to fill his whole being so I wasn't prepared to confront him any time soon.

Roaming the streets, I watched people hustling and bustling about, everyone walking to and fro with a certain purpose, and life continuing on with me at the sideline. It was supposed to be that way.

A food stall few meters away caught my eyes and a smile creeped up on my lips as I remembered the times when Taehyung and I would grab street food whenever we hung out before. The nerd loved everything unhealthy no matter how much I used to scold him, and had successfully gotten me into such foods somehow.

Just one wouldn't hurt, right...?

Right!

Skipping towards the stall, I chirped, "One tornado potato, please" to the seller and he immediately handed me a stick with potato and sausage when I paid him. The smell was heavenly and I was almost drooling at the sight, depraved of such taste for such a long time already.

"One tornado potato, please," a deep voice sounded beside me and I shuddered, recognizing it in no time.

Swallowing thickly, I slowly turned to the source of the voice and there stood Taehyung with an indifferent expression. Suddenly, breathing was the most difficult thing to do.

He paid for the food and received the sausage stick before turning around, glancing at me by doing so, but ignored my presence and walked away as if we were strangers.

Something inside me was prickling my walls, screaming at me to run after him, but for what reason? It was the first time we weren't eating street food together, so what? As the enemy of his Sin, I had no reason to be running after him, right?

Regretfully, the urge was overpowering my rationality and soon enough, I was tugging his arm, turning him around to face me with a displeased frown.

"Can't I eat street food in peace?" He barked with spite in his tone. "I'm not picking a fight, Kindness."

"No, I'm..." I sighed, looking down at the ground. "I want to apologize for what I said last time."

He crossed his arms, tilting his head, and his green bangs fell gracefully against his forehead. "What did you say? I don't remember."

"A-About you being punished and-"

"If this is about getting on my good side, I suggest you stop and go do your job," he interrupted me, deepening his frown. "You and me are enemies, Kindness. I don't see why you should apologize to your enemy unless you're deceiving them."

I panicked when he turned around and blurted, "I don't want us to be enemies, Tae!"

He stopped abruptly.

"I just..." Tears started welling up, but I hastily blinked them away. "I just want to apologize for everything. I am so sorry for how everything turned out. I don't want you to be like this... please..."

He scoffed in disbelief without looking at me. "Apologies not accepted. Never."

With that, he disappeared in front of my eyes as my tears trailed down my cheeks.

He was never going to forgive me.

┗━━━━━━༻♔༺━━━━━━┛