⚜️Chapitre trente-sept⚜️

Les routes les plus difficiles mènent aux plus belles destinations

Happily ever after

┏━━━━━━༻♔༺━━━━━━┓

"The person who's not jealous of you... is me."

My breathing was ragged and I struggled to hold myself together, to steady myself from the epiphany. Envy, on the other hand, widened his eyes for a second before his gaze

"Yes, it's you."

My lips parted in shock. "You- You knew? When did you know that?"

"The moment we came back to the past... when I saw you, I realized that. The only person who cared for me," he whispered, taking my hands in his, caressing my skin, "sacrificed for me and wished for me to be happy... That was why I couldn't live without you. I have never been envious of other until you left me with him. There's no one else out there for me except for you."

There was nothing but love in his gaze. I couldn't help the whimpers I let out as I choked on my sobs that crawled up my throat from deep inside my heart.

"Tae..."

"When I found out you're the one, I was so scared... I was scared to know that I wouldn't be able to see you again. Ever..." One of his hands held the side of my face, his thumb softly brushing my cheek. "I couldn't tell you that I found the person we were searching for so desperately. I wished for our time together to last longer... even a little more... Just a little bit more."

My lips curled up into a relieved smile. "You gave no room for me to be jealous of you. I was so full of love for you. Well, sometimes anger, sometimes sadness, sometimes desire, but never envy. I'm so happy that I can now help you as I wanted."

"I shouldn't have left you so early," he sighed shakily and placed his forehead on mine before closing his eyes. "I love you so much Seoyun and I don't want to leave you like this. Not when I have only been cruel towards you for such a long time... I want to make you happy and- and make you smile that beautiful heart shaped smile..."

"It's okay, Tae." I grinned, holding him closer and placing feather-like kisses on his eyelids. "I couldn't be happier now. Hearing you say that is enough. You're back in my arms again."

Inhaling sharply, he let himself cry again.

"We've been informed that a person was found."

We were suddenly teleported to the meeting hall room in heaven. God and the ruler of hell were there facing us, and Envy lifted himself off from me to turn his head towards them.

"This concludes the agreement. The Sin of Envy will be reborn as a human as agreed," God announced, signaling the angels to take him away. "Go on."

Taehyung struggled against their holds when they separated us and heaved out, "Get off me! I want to say goodbye to her at least!" My chest squeezed in pain as I came to terms with reality.

He was really leaving.

"Wait. Let him be," God said, having the angels step back. "Call for us when you're ready then."

The four of them suddenly disappeared, leaving the two of us alone in the room. Taehyung wasted no seconds to crash his body onto mine, hugging me tightly again.

"I'm sorry for everything, Yuni. I'm sorry that I blamed you and I'm sorry that I made you go through so much pain."

"I don't want our last time together to go like this," I chuckled, sniffing and trying my best to hold back the tears that. "I forgive you already, Tae. I just want you to be happy, nothing else. Are you happy, Tae?"

He nodded vigorously. "I am. I'm too happy, but I'm so sad... I love you so much, I don't want to leave you..."

"I love you. Forever. You're not leaving me and I'm not leaving you, Tae." I ran my fingers through his hair, brushing it as he sobbed against my neck. "I'll be watching over you, love. You will live happily as a human as promised and meet a girl who will actually spend her life with you."

"But you'll be in my heart, in my soul, Yuni." He pulled back to take out his necklace. His own emerald ring was hanging from his necklace in the middle, earning a quiet gasp from me. "Forever."

I traced the gem and faced up to him, reflecting his teary smile.

He kissed my forehead, his lips lingering there for a while before meeting mine for a final kiss. A goodbye. A love declaration. A promise.

A seal of our souls, of everything we held for each other.

"I love you."

┗━━━━━━༻♔༺━━━━━━┛

How do you feel?

If you're with me this far, please vote on this chapter, I'm trying to see how many people actually stayed so far 🥺

Thank you for reading 🥀