⚜️Chapitre dix⚜️

Mot de gratitude

Word of gratitude

┏━━━━━━༻♔༺━━━━━━┓

"Care to explain why we're roaming the busiest street in the city? For two fucking hours for no reason?"

Rolling my eyes, I slowed my pace to match his sluggish one and shot him a glare. "Since when did you start hating walking down the street? From what I know, you loved carrying around a camera and capturing the busy streets filled with crowds."

Pursing his lips, he muttered in a low voice and a threatening tone, "That's a long time ago. Just get to the fucking point, Kindness. You're not being so kind to me right now."

I groaned internally. "Busy street means many people and many people means higher probability of running into a person who's not jealous of you."

"Wow, genius," he exclaimed sarcastically, crossing his arms over his chest. "And the result?"

Gulping, I searched the sea of bodies around us for any potential candidate and nearly bumped into a tall man who threatened me with a frown and yelled, "Watch where you're going, blind bitch."

I apologized quickly and passed him but when I turned around, I saw Envy standing still among the crowd with his eyes boring holes into the man's head.

"Envy," I called, snapping him out, and gestured him to follow me.

"Your plan sucks, you know that?" He scowled, making me feel small.

Maybe I didn't think this through...

"Come on." Envy suddenly grabbed my wrist and led me into a less crowded area, specifically, into a dark alley where uneasiness crept up my spine.

"What are we doing here? You're trying to mug me? Our financial capabilities are the same, Envy. Why-"

"No, you idiot," he hissed, pointing at a group of bulky thugs who were gathered around a trash can, smoking and laughing obnoxiously with each other. "It's better to ask people like them instead searching a needle in the haystack of crowds."

"No, Envy-"

Before I could pull him back, the seaweed haired idiot marched towards the men and kicked the trash can to grab their attention. Hugging my body in vague fear, I could only watch him and do nothing else from where I stood.

"Who the fuck is this?" One of them mocked while snickering and they all faced Envy with amused grins.

"Look, I'm just here to ask if any of you are not envious of me," Envy stated with his confidence overflowing.

This idiot...

Another one scoffed. "Who would be envious of a flower boy like you? Your jewelry though, hand them over and we might let you go with only a few bruises."

"No can do. I would like to see you try though," he jeered at them which, to me, was a really dumb thing to do. Envy was so confident that I wondered if he became stronger over the years.

I was proven wrong when he received numerous blows from the group of thugs even though he managed to knock one of them out in the beginning. I panicked when he fell to the ground after taking a punch to his jaw. My legs finally broke out of their paralysis and I darted towards him to push the men away and hold him up.