⚜️Epilogue⚜️

⊱"La vie est un sommeil, l'amour en est le rêve" — Alfred de Musset

Life is a long sleep and love is its dream

┏━━━━━━༻♔༺━━━━━━┓

"Number 023!"

The contestants apathetically glanced at each other, waiting for the person with the number to speak up. They could care less about who didn't make it to the audition and who did. One less competitor, one less problem.

"Number 023!" The staff called louder, but nobody reacted differently.

"Well then-"

"He's here! He's here!"

Running down the hallway, a girl with long dark hair dyed purple down the ends screamed, followed by a tall, lean male who fumbled with his strapped bag. Crumpled papers flew out from it as he searched for his application. The others eyed them in great distaste.

"Number 023?" The staff woman asked with a cock of an eyebrow, scanning the breathless man up and down. "Kim Taehyung?"

"Yes!" He exclaimed, lifting a hand, and swallowed dryly, trying to regulate his breathing. "I'm sorry, there was a lost child on the way and-"

"We don't have time for your excuses," she interrupted him sharply and turned on her heels. "Quickly enter the room please."

"Ah- Yes!"

"Good luck, Tae!" The girl who accompanied him slapped his shoulder harder than she should have, earning a pained cry from him. "You can nail this audition and get that role!"

"I hope so," he said under his breath, giving her puppy eyes. "I'm sorry for troubling you all the time, Eunsook."

"Whatever. Just go there and knock 'em dead, tiger," she chuckled breathlessly, pushing the dark curly haired man away. "Fighting!"

"Fighting," he repeated, grinning back at her.

•───────────⋅⚜️⋅───────────•

"Hey, Kook."

The blonde man called for his friend again but the other didn't respond once again. He was out of it ever since he walked through the door a while ago.

"Jungkook," he tried again louder but just above a whisper not to anger their professor. Still, there was no reaction.

Giving up, he just went for the kill and sharply nudged the younger boy's ribs. A loud squeak escaped the latter and the whole class stopped for a second, looking at him.

"S-Sorry! I... I just stabbed my finger while writing," Jungkook spluttered with reddened cheeks.

When they looked away, he threw a glare at his grinning friend over his shoulder. "What is wrong with you, Jimin?"

"That's my line. What are you thinking about? You haven't heard me call you dozen times."

Jungkook sighed, crossing his arms over the desk. "It's nothing... I just... I don't know."

"What? What?" Jimin scooted closer. "Tell me. It's doesn't seem like it's nothing."

The dark haired man furrowed his eyebrows, recalling his meeting with a girl. "I met a girl at an ice cream shop. I never saw her before but... it felt like I knew her... or I've seen her somewhere else. It's been bugging me a lot."

"Is she cute?"

Jungkook frowned, recoiling away from him. "Bro-"

"Is she?" Jimin was all smiles, very curious.

"Well... yeah... Very."

Jimin's smile grew wider when he took notice of the pink shade of his friend's cheeks. "What's her name then?"

The question made the younger man freeze for a second. "I... I don't know."

"What? Then what are you going to do?"

"I... I really don't know..."

Jungkook heaved a long sigh, slumping back in his seat.

"I might not even see her again."

Fin.

┗━━━━━━༻♔༺━━━━━━┛

This is finally the end~
Thank you all so much for reading this story 💜💜💜

Please read the next chapter, 'Afterword'