⚜️Chapitre trente-six⚜️

Va, je ne te hais point

Go, I hate you not

┏━━━━━━༻♔༺━━━━━━┓

"This was it? You left me because of this reason?"

I bit my lips, clenching my fists. "I'm sorry, Tae. I'm so sorry."

"Seoyun, you should've told me something," he whispered, coming closer to hold my shoulders, making me whimper.

"I didn't want you to get hurt. He really could've done it, Tae. I- I was so scared. I had to stop him. I didn't want you to die because of me." I sniffled, nibbling on my lips. "But in the end, I still lost you... I'm so sorry, Tae."

A gasp left me when he pulled me into his arms, hugging me tightly. "It's not your fault. I can't believe I'm learning the truth only now! I shouldn't have blamed you for everything. I- Why didn't you tell me? Because of me... you had to lie, you had to marry him. And you're in pain now because of me, too."

A sob was torn through his throat and his whole body trembled.

"I didn't tell you because you would've blamed yourself like you're doing now, Tae. It's not your fault. It's Joochan and his envy of you."

"I'm going to kill him," he growled viciously, his body rumbling against mine like thunder.

"He's already dead and you know that." I sighed, pulling back a little to cup his tear-stained cheek. I offered him a small, apologetic smile. "I never intended for this- for everything to end up like this. I just wanted to save you and hoped you would forget me and live on. I'm sorry..."

"I wish I did this to you back then," he whispered, gently brushing my hair strands away from my face. His eyes were the same as his past self's. Warm, brown chocolate melting me with love and tenderness. I couldn't believe that I got to see them again. "I can't watch you cry like this because of me. Past... nor present. I'm sorry, Yuni. I made us end up here like this."

His body shuddered as another wave of tears flowed down his cheeks. "If we can't find anyone... Because of me, you will... Y-You will..."

He sounded too broken. I hated it.

I slowly kissed his tears before wiping them. "I won't give up. I couldn't save you back then... I must save you now."

"Go home, Taehyung. You're so stupid coming here."

I turned to see myself in a wedding dress, standing before a crying Taehyung. He begged and pleaded for her to run away with him. He begged and begged again, expressing his love for her again and again. He laid out his everything before her.

She kept lying. She kept hurting him with words she would have never meant. She was killing him with each word. After the security threw him out of there with a great deal of force, she broke down, crying and gasping for air. He was fighting against their blows with every bit of his strength.

He laid outside on the cold hard ground, choking on his sobs while the wedding took place. The worst day of my life by far. No matter how desperately I wanted to escape from there and run away with him... I could never do it.

After the wedding, Joochan was drunk while trying to sleep with his new wife but she managed to trick him into drinking more and had him knocked out before anything happened. She cried herself to sleep, aching for her lover whom she hurt and left with scars all over his pure heart.

The next day was the day I lost everything.

I woke up to the news that the love of my life... had committed suicide.

I lost my mind and fainted as soon as I heard that. My past self fell to the floor and Joochan scrambled to his feet, pulling her body up, screaming at her to wake up in panic.

I went into depression after that. My body was numb. Everything felt unreal. Life wasn't worth living. I was plagued with guilt.

Soon after, I forced myself to hold it together after learning that I was pregnant. I had to fight for my baby. For our baby. My precious seedling of love I was left with.

"He thought it's his child from that night of the wedding," I explained to Envy as he watched her belly grow bigger and bigger. "But I never neared him. My depression was sort of an excuse for that."

His shaking hand carefully hovered over her belly. "T-This child..."

"He's yours, Tae." I bit my lips. "Insoo... is your descendant, not Joochan's. The bloodline you were trying to end was, in fact, yours..."

Jaws slacking open, Envy gasped and stumbled backwards. He witnessed everything.

"Joochan thinks it's his child so our child lived a wealthy life... But I wasn't able to watch him grow. After giving birth, I soon died from heart failure. It was too painful to bear that you d-died... I couldn't live on with the guilt... I pushed you to your death."

Envy hid his face in the crook of my neck and wrapped his arms around me. His tears wetted my skin, making me shiver under him.

"Seoyun... Seoyun, my love... I'm such a fool," he cried out, broken and utterly defeated. "I don't deserve anything from you. How can I? How could I ever let you suffer like this? Why do you even stick with me even now when I just keep hurting you like an imbecile?"

"Because I love you, Tae... You deserve everything and I would gladly give you."

Before I continued to repent, a thought crossed my mind, freezing me there.

It made me realize.

"Tae..."

With bloodshot teary eyes, Envy pulled back a little to look at me.

"The person who's not jealous of you is..."

┗━━━━━━༻♔༺━━━━━━┛

Another update to spoil y'all hehe

Who could it be 👀

Please vote to support the story, loveliesThank you for reading 🥀

Thank you for reading 🥀