⚜️Chapitre trente-cinq⚜️

L'amour c'est comme la guerre, facile à démarrer, difficile à finir... et impossible à oublier

Love is like war, easy to start, difficult to finish ... and impossible to forget

┏━━━━━━༻♔༺━━━━━━┓

"You really used to carry your sketchbook everywhere," Envy chuckled, earning a smile from me. "Even on our dates?"

"That's how I graduated from university with high grades, Tae."

Taehyung was chatting with my past self, waiting for his turn to act out his scene. We were at the filming location of his first movie in which he took the role of a supporting character.

After a while, he was called for his scene, and the two bid farewell after a kiss.

I cleared my throat, crossing my arms. It suddenly dawned upon me. "I think we're forgetting the main reason we're here. We should focus on people around you."

On her way out, a guy from Taehyung's university approached her and I shuddered. Envy's jaw clenched upon his appearance. My past self followed him after his persuasion to have a brief talk around the corner. I was already acquainted with Joochan through Taehyung.

"Come on, Tae, you went to shoot your scene," I tried averting his attention with my heart pounding in my ears.

He ignored me and followed her instead, a grave expression overtaking his once calm features.

I grabbed his arm to stop him. "Wait, we should follow you instead why are you following me?"

"I know where I went and what happens, it's nothing special. But I don't know where you went and what happened with that guy," he said, voice lower than normal. "You can follow me or whatever."

Panic settled in my heart and I quickly followed Envy to where I had gone. I should have known this was bound to happen when I jumped on this memory train. He was going to know in the end.

The guy threatened me into marrying him. He was supposed to find a bride before inheriting his parents' wealth and companies, and he decided to take me as his wife. Why?

"Revenge," he explained, smirking at her. "Kim Taehyung, that bastard, I hate him and envy him, you see? Instead of just killing him off, I would rather see him suffer for a long time. And you, my rose."

He ran his fingers down her hair, touching her neck in the process, making her cringe and glare at him. "I've been watching you for a long time. I envy him more for having a fine rose like you by his side. I'll grow you to be more beautiful, so come be my bride instead, Seoyun."

"What the fuck is wrong with you," she hissed, slapping his hand and snarling. "You're lying. Whoever you are, you can't actually kill him. Get away from me."

He chuckled menacingly. "My own sister committed suicide because of him."

She faltered, gulping. "W-What?"

"That Taehyung bastard rejected her and she went into depression because of him!" He raised his voice but his expression remained calm. "You think I can't kill him? For a person with my power, that's easier than killing a bug."

His voice was terribly solemn as he leaned in to whisper in her ear. "If you join me, I'm willing to let him live, sweetheart. You have no idea how much I itch to send him to hell."

Taking a deep breath, I hugged myself and faced the ground. Moments later, there were sobs and weeps. She was crying with her hands clutched around her phone as the screen displayed pictures of Taehyung injured. They were sent by Joochan. He wasn't joking. He could easily hurt him and Taehyung didn't know a thing.

"I'm breaking up with you, Taehyung," she told him. There was no hint of humor in her voice or her expression. She was dead serious, but Taehyung chose to laugh.

"I'm sorry if I made you mad. Your food is getting cold, Yuni. Hurry up and eat it, love."

She shook her head. "I'm in love with someone else."

That made him freeze, but he forced a smile. "Stop playing around. I'll be sad even if it's a joke."

"It's not a joke," she yelled, startling him. "Can't you understand? I've been cheating on you with someone else. I'm done with you now."

"W-What are you saying? Cheating? I don't like what you-"

"Look." She raised her hand to show him a different ring adorning her finger. It was a diamond one, not the emerald he gave her. "I'm engaged to someone else now. Someone I've been with for years. I'm marrying him next week."

His eyes were blown wide. "What did you just say? N-Next week...? No... No, that can't be right... You're lying."

"I'm not," she sighed before flashing him a picture of Joochan and herself together. "I love him. Not you."

"I-Is that Park Joochan? Why is he...?"

She abruptly stood up, scowling at him. "I'm sorry for lying that I loved you. The truth is... I never truly did. I approached you because of your parents and I stayed because you were fun to mess with... It was fun while it lasted."

Before she could whirl around and leave, he seized her hand. His eyes brimmed with tears as he looked up at her in so much hurt. My heart squeezed inside my chest, bleeding and cracking.

"Seoyun, tell me this isn't true. Please." His tear rolled down his cheek. "I don't understand... Is it something I did? Did I make a mistake? Please. I love you. Please don't leave me. I-I'll do anything. Just please-"

"No. It's just you. I don't like your whole existence."

There was spite and poison laced with her tone. It stung him and me, rendering us speechless. She threw one last glare at him before walking out of the restaurant, leaving him to drop on his knees, staring blankly ahead.

I never imagined he would take this deep in his heart. To be so heavily affected. I just hoped for him to go on with his life without me in it.

He didn't.

"This was it? You left me because of this reason?"

Envy was as equally broken as the Taehyung on the floor. Tears stained his cheeks and lips trembled, caught between his teeth.

I didn't notice how his hair was black around its roots.

┗━━━━━━༻♔༺━━━━━━┛

Real double update 😘
And there it is, what do you think?

Please vote to support the story, loveliesThank you for reading 🥀

Thank you for reading 🥀