⚜️Chapitre trente-et-un⚜️

Je ne peux pas croire ce que je ne peux pas voir

Can't see, can't believe

┏━━━━━━༻♔༺━━━━━━┓

"Why are we hiding?"

Turning to Envy, I chuckled awkwardly before sliding past my younger self who was clearly eavesdropping on someone from behind the wall. "Who says we're hiding?"

Shaking his head, he followed me and immediately saw himself in the distance with a girl. With her head down, she was nervously fiddling with her skirt. I remembered her as the popular underclassman every boy was falling for.

The dark haired boy bowed slightly, apologizing to her, and started walking towards us with his hands in his pants pockets. The girl bit her lips, hanging her head lower, and her expression turned into a pained one so quickly.

I turned to see myself when she gasped before shooting away. Envy saw her, too, and I just wanted to disappear. The embarrassment was killing me. I never imagined that he would ever witness me doing something like this. The past exposed more than what I wanted.

"How about that girl?" Envy asked me but I shook my head.

"You might not know, but I remember that she was jealous of your popularity. I believe she wanted to date you but she also wanted what you had."

"Ah," he let out with a breath as we moved to a different location where I was talking to a guy from our class. The memory immediately made my skin heat up.

"Most of our classmates and kids from other classes will be coming, too!" The boy exclaimed, grinning at her. "I promise it'll be a blast!"

She chuckled awkwardly. "Uh-huh. What about Taehyung? Did you ask him?"

He frowned, sighing. "Even if I asked, he wouldn't come. He's a loner, you know? He doesn't even say anything whenever we try to talk to him. Not that I care anyway. I don't get how a weirdo like him is still popular."

Her expression turned darker and her hands balled into fists. "Just out of curiosity, how long have you known him?"

"Longer than I wanted actually. He wasn't like that at first, but the older we got, he just became too arrogant to talk to us. He always thinks he's the shit but he's just an emo weirdo in the end. The girls are all over him though." He clicked his tongue. "We know you're interested in knowing him but don't bother with him. Everyone ignores him anyway. Plus, you're too good for someone like him."

She nodded reluctantly, not looking him in the eye. Because if she did, she would have punched him in the face.

"Sorry, but I remembered that I already have a plan with my family that day."

The infuriating boy raised an eyebrow. "But the party doesn't start until 8. You can still make it."

She offered him a wide smile. "It's a whole day trip. Sorry. Have fun!"

I looked to my left to see Envy's expression, expecting fury or something along that line, but I was surprised to find his concerned look as he focused on my younger self. As if he was grateful to her but also... sad.

"Isn't that the day you asked me to go to the amusement park with you?" He suddenly turned to me, making my breath hitch. "You didn't have a family trip, did you?"

I forced a laugh that sounded broken. "Aha, you got me. Why would I even go to that party? I didn't like most of the people there anyway. I'm above them."

He breathed out a short laugh. "Sure."

"You're very popular with the girls but you don't date or become friends with them?"

I jumped when I heard myself and watched the two walk past us with ice creams in hand. We were in the amusement park Envy mentioned. How I actually got him to go there, I couldn't remember, but that time, he was becoming more and more friendly with me.

Taehyung shrugged. "I just don't feel like it."

"Then what about me? I'm a g-girl. Am I... maybe... special?"

I covered my face in shame.

Taehyung chuckled. "You're not a girl. A girl doesn't look like you or act like you, my dude. Definitely not a girl."

I gasped at the same time as my past self. "Wow, the nerve of this bitc-"

"That's funny," Envy chimed, grinning at me. "You're getting so triggered over a memory and your reactions overlap."

I widened my eyes at him. "This is funny to you? Hey, you little shit, why were you so rude? Honestly, I should have slapped you for being like that or something."

He was still smiling. "Yeah... sorry. I deserved some slaps and kicks."

I shut my mouth, staring at him in confusion. I questioned my hearing and doubted his words as they replayed in my head. Did he mean them? Or was he just playing around?

But why would he play around?

When I lifted my head, I found the dark haired girl shoving her ice cream onto the boy's face and breaking into laughter while he grumbled. He took one last lick before smearing his own ice cream on her cheek as she tried to scurry away, squeaking out apologies.

I breathed out a laugh. "But I never slapped or kicked you, did I?"

┗━━━━━━༻♔༺━━━━━━┛

Do tell me how it is so far for you 😉

Happy Lunar New Year 🌙 ✨

Don't forget to vote to support the story, dearsThank you for reading 🥀

Thank you for reading 🥀